Moondragon - Maxima
    Iceman - Kole
    Angel - Azrael (the one from Titans)
    Updating this list:

Doctor Strange - Dr. Fate
    Hulk - Swamp Thing
    Namor - Aquaman
    Silver Surfer - Firestorm
    Valkyrie - Shining Knight (from Morrison's Seven Soldiers)
    Hellcat - Crimson Fox

Hellstorm - Faust
    Gargoyle - Etrigan
    Beast - Tasmanian Devil
    Nighthawk - Golden Eagle
    Clea - Silver Sorceress
    Devil Slayer - Bloodwynd
    Moondragon - Maxima
    Iceman - Kole
    Angel - Azrael (the one from Titans)

Harbinger, Mister Miracle, Wonder Woman, Madame Xanadu and Captain Marvel/Shazam would also be semi-regulars.

Team HQ - Fate's Tower
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Not sure what this Egyptian themed team would be named, but I could see them in a 12 issue limited series, tackling a specific mission. There’d be a lot of globe trotting, some space travel, maybe even a little time hopping. Could be fun.

Not sure if they are analogues to an existing team, but I do love that ^ assemblage.
    Your description and role for IBIS ..LOL!

As to their name?
    Maybe the Great Ennead - "group of nine deities in Egyptian mythology"
    Although you'd need one more, you could include Ibis' wife Taia Toth.
    Are the al Ghuls Egyptian?
    Superpowers Golden Pharaoh.
    Nubia (assume she was named after the same, and I believed they ruled on and off for several dynastic eras (some would argue (controversial?) they should all look a bit more like her anyway) )
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-09-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    .... Anyone ever notice that the Trinity basically has the avengers as some of thier primary enemies?

The came a day like no other....

Bane = Captain America Chemically enhanced superhuman

Ironman = Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. . . wait... Did I say Iron Man? I mean Lex luthor

Ares: A Warrior BORN. Prince to the the King of the gods constantly finding himself intrigued by the machinations of the mortal realm...

They are: THE AVENGERS!

Ok now that is pretty damn awesome!

1. Myth supernatural enhanced 2. Super strength Serum enhanced 3. Super Genius Tech enhanced.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-12-2022 at 08:57 AM.

After that ^ classic, I'm going to take another inspiration "Trio", from a whole different direction.
    Well cause unfortunately that's how my brain works.
    Although you could sub the Three Amigos, or Marvels own Warrior's Three as the base inspiration- .

Three Caballeros:

Become DC's
    Weird Western Trio:

FYI (in case it's not obvious) the text and three together are not from the same pic or story, some desperate photophakery going on there, so I could have them together.
    Although that Donald was legit making that Jonah Hex like expression, which is what gave me the idea as he's clearly the Jonah Hex anlogue!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-09-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Not sure if they are analogues to an existing team, but I do love that ^ assemblage.
    Thanks, and, i just put together a group i thought would be cool and had a common theme.

Your description and role for IBIS ..LOL!
    I thought that would be a good, and somewhat realistic attitude for him to have!

As to their name?
    Maybe the Great Ennead - "group of nine deities in Egyptian mythology"
    Although you'd need one more, you could include Ibis' wife Taia Toth.
    Are the al Ghuls Egyptian?
    Superpowers Golden Pharaoh.
    Nubia (assume she was named after the same, and I believed they ruled on and off for several dynastic eras (some would argue (controversial?) they should all look a bit more like her anyway) )
    This is good stuff. We could totally co-write this were it real.
    Like Lee and Ditko. except w.out the backstage drama!

Weird Western Trio:

FYI (in case it's not obvious) the text and three together are not from the same pic or story, some desperate photophakery going on there, so I could have them together.
    Although that Donald was legit making that Jonah Hex like expression, which is what gave me the idea as he's clearly the Jonah Hex anlogue!
    This made me laugh out loud, but i also want it to be real. So great!!!

DC's Champions

This based on the original 70s team not the current teen hero team.

Josephine Tautin/Mademoiselle Marie - The Black Widow stand-in. Both are redheads who dress in dark outfits and are European.

Eve Eden/Nightshade - The Darkstar stand-in. Both have shadow and teleportation powers.

Cameron Mahkent/Icicle - The Iceman stand-in. Cameron is reformed in my version.

Jason Blood/Etrigan - The Ghost Rider stand-in. Both demonic fire users.

Exoristos - The Amazon from Demon Knights. She is the Hercules stand-in.

Ted Kord/Blue Beetle - Serves as the Angel stand-in as the rich guy of the team.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

After that ^ classic, I'm going to take another inspiration "Trio", from a whole different direction.
    Well cause unfortunately that's how my brain works.
    Although you could sub the Three Amigos, or Marvels own Warrior's Three as the base inspiration- .

Three Caballeros:

Become DC's
    Weird Western Trio:

Now, this is what i am talking about. Awesome.

Astonishing Member

Power Rangers Lantern Force/Kanjo Sentai Go-Lantern (感情戦隊ゴーランターン)

When the mysterious entity Nekron begins resurrecting monsters on Earth, it's up to a joint taskforce of Lanterns to seal away the Black Lantern forever.

Lantern Force Red Ranger/Red Lantern (レッドランターン)
    rankorr.jpg
    Lantern Force Yellow Ranger/Yellow Lantern (イエローランターン)
    1219896738198_6317.jpg
    Lantern Force Green Ranger/Green Lantern (グリーンランターン)
    5a9a6a39_8057_47f7_bf32_5a8d5fcdc241.jpg

Astonishing Member

Lantern Force Blue Ranger/Blue Lantern (ブルーランターン)
    250px-663405-wapow_gl_36_spoiler_alert_by_bakanekonei_super_8630.jpg
    Lantern Force Violet Ranger/Violet Lantern (ヴァイオレットランターン)
    SSC-2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Power Rangers Lantern Force/Kanjo Sentai Go-Lantern (感情戦隊ゴーランターン)
    Although I loved it's intro , pretty much Jordan's Light Brigade was mocked for being essentially that + carebears.

All that was missing was the giant Entities combining to form one.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-10-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Although I loved it's intro, pretty much Jordan's Light Brigade was mocked for being essentially that.

I never liked the rainbow Lantern thing when it came out.

That said, the above pic is kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I never liked the rainbow Lantern thing when it came out.

That said, the above pic is kick ass.
    Oh I recognize it was hokey, (I was probably the first (old forums) to post that Care Bears gif mocking it) and it was worthy of mockery,
    Still it was the kind of visual hokeyness I feel Kirby or Ditko (not Lee) and Broome in their prime would have pulled out there creative brainmass, to tell a story.
    Using the color spectrum oozed Silver-age whimsy - and that the Corps era GLs by default were already motive/instinct color coded, was faithful to the source material from the go, Green after will power, yellow after fear, so "discovering" the as yet unseen rest seemed like legit world building, and worked for me.
    Plus Jordan pursuing each Lantern and recruiting their suspect wielders to form a team, had a putting together a cosmic Magnificent Seven (good and bad characters) vibe for me.
    That was the set up anyway.
    However then extending it to - everyone on Earth now gets a ring too, the Blackest Zombie Night all the dead are back!, the Entities, all stretched it further than it was worth, culminating in Kyle as the White Savior Lantern I think i had dropped out by then.
    I was fine with the set up though, Jordan finding these planets, and collecting this group of 7 cosmic lantern wielding mavericks, that had to work as a team.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-10-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Oh I recognize it was hokey, (I was probably the first (old forums) to post that Care Bears gif mocking it) and it was worthy of mockery,
    Still it was the kind of hokeyness I feel Kirby or Ditko (not Lee) and Broome in their prime would have pulled out there creative brainmass, to tell a story.
    Using the color spectrum oozed Silver-age whimsy - and the Corps era GLs by default were already color coded, Green after will power, yellow after fear, so "discovering" the as yet unseen rest, worked for me.
    Plus Jordan pursuing each Lantern and recruiting their suspect wielders to form a team, had a putting together a cosmic Magnificent Seven ( good and bad characters) vibe for me.
    That was the set up anyway.
    However then extending it to - everyone on Earth now gets a ring too, the Blackest Zombie Night, the Entities, all stretched it further than it was worth, culminating in Kyle as the White Savior Lantern I think i had dropped out by then.
    I was fine with the set up though, Jordan collecting this group of cosmic mavericks, to work as a team..
    Hell, you make it sound more interesting (in its inception) than the DC press machine ever did for me. And then, when it started getting drawn (dragged) out, i just did the SMH thing.
    It didn’t help that Kyle got demoted in favor of the returning Hal somewhere in all that mess. I never liked Hal as Spectre, but i also thought he had one of the best character defining arcs in all of comics, to include a worthy successor so...yeah I’ve always been ambivalent about his return.

Kyle is pretty much the GL equivalent of Tommy Oliver having gone from Green Lantern to White Lantern.

If only Kyle’s storyline had been nearly as cool.