7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 14 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824641145141014 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    What did you think of Storm in the Twelve? I thought that was an interesting take on her turning into Mother Nature.
    I love it when Elemental Heroes Ascend into their elements. It makes them that much better. But it also takes a writer with chops to make it gel and make the character work. With that I loved it.

BANNED

Friendly reminder, if you see this

Reblog immediately in TUMBLR. So far it's gotten 149 reblogs, but it needs more. So many many more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The High Priestess View Post
    Friendly reminder, if you see this

Reblog immediately in TUMBLR. So far it's gotten 149 reblogs, but it needs more. So many many more.
    I don't have a tumbler.

o

BANNED

[Incoming rant]
    I missed a few things last time I really dove into comics.
    I did drop Marvel altogether and I have to say this solo is the only reason I'm back.

I feel like...for EMMA to come in have such a large placement among events and multiple MU books is really quite something to give pause at.
    They claimed that Storm would play these large parts in her marriage (yes I'm about to go there) but she played wallpaper in every fucking book she was in.
    And these little panels of 'sassy' they deemed MILE STONE-like moments for her:

It's just BS that they tried to make it seem like being married was some door opening for her when they did NOTHING for her.
    She didn't need a MAN, ANY man to bring her to the forefront, Storm can fit in nearly ANYWHERE in the MU. That mess was to keep her out of the x-men and that's really the truth. So Scott and that bimbo, Emma could shine.
    Like being sassy and outspoken is a feat, well it might've been for the time since she was an imprisoned housewife who was glued to the background in every book she was in.

ANY time any Storm fan would ask for questions they would give the same old DRY ass answers, "Oh! well storm is really gonna do something in this book! gonna shake things up!" but come time the book is released all she's doing is throwing a lightning bolt, flying around and getting knocked the **** out.
    I understand Storm has morals and caution when using her powers but that does not mean for her to be getting knocked out so easily especially when there are MANY upon MANY ways for her to shield and defend herself.

There are many characters who are powerful who can sustain and uphold stories and that "Oh storm is goddess and we wanna take her down a notch" excuse is bs.
    The "its hard writing storm 'cause shes so powerful!" yet all she has been doing is....
    throwing LIGHTNING bolts

If she's so powerful then where is the creativity in the writing to put that across?
    If she's one of the most dangerous beings on the planet, where's the PROOF damnit?!
    If she was supposed to be at the forefront of big events then where was she?
    All these things happening but she was never around and when she was to be found it was her found laid out on the ground somewhere at the end of a page. Then you have so many characters stepping on her to shine, writers used her as a damn stepping stone for characters who under LOGICAL writing would be destroyed by her.
    I really did hope for them to just kill her off, I HOPED for that because it beat watching them degrade and demean her for these C-list horribly written characters they let step all over her.

But all in all whats the most hurting thing is that this occurred for nearly a decade and it seems that things are getting better but you'll understand that I don't really quite trust Marvel just yet. I don't.
    This heroine has been mistreated for SO long so they could push characters who are one of dozens, nothing really special about them.
    But one of their most unique characters they have taken advantage of for so fucking long.

I'm really happy about this solo but I will not forget all that they have done to her.
    I CANNOT forget but I can look forward to her getting the treatment she deserves-
    The display she deserves, the SERIES she deserves.
    For all the bad thats happened, some good must happen, A LOT of good must happen.

Last edited by Ethereal Stormultt; 05-01-2014 at 07:14 PM.

BANNED

lol that's awesome ♥
    Heh <3

I really am depending on Greg though.
    To clean up all this mess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post
    Heh <3

I have faith on Greg far more than I ever did with Wood or anyone else whose last name isn't "Claremont". He will give us what we want, what the All-Goddess deserves. But he can't do it alone. He needs our support. All skepticism must be thrown aside. Support for the book has to be at an all time high all across the interwebs.

I used to use Tumblr, but then I joined a support group.

Heh <3

Where was this from?

BANNED

I have faith on Greg far more than I ever did with Wood or anyone else whose last name isn't "Claremont". He will give us what we want, what the All-Goddess deserves. But he can't do it alone. He needs our support. All skepticism must be thrown aside. Support for the book has to be at an all time high all across the interwebs.
    Definitely, this is what we've always wanted and what she deserved, We're lucky to have people as passionate as Daniel & Greg making this all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I used to use Tumblr, but then I joined a support group.

Where was this from?
    Damnit, I forgot the issue but it was with Wolverine.

The goddess rises once more and her followers as ever with hearts full of love will worship at her alter.

I come offering my own favourite Storm moment. It's an image of Storm and the Bright Lady Oshtur. Who I hope one day Storm transcends to. But until then I happily await her return to the light in her new solo.

Attachment 484

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post
    The goddess rises once more and her followers as ever with hearts full of love will worship at her alter.

I come offering my own favourite Storm moment. It's an image of Storm and the Bright Lady Oshtur. Who I hope one day Storm transcends to. But until then I happily await her return to the light in her new solo.

Attachment 484
    I need some Oshtur/Maat in this solo series.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post

I remember loving this panel when I first saw it, but did anything ever come of it later? I never saw...

BANNED

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen what comes after that scan either.

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

get one. Just don't do like The Weather God and turn it into a naughty one that I can't follow back
    LOL! I'm sorry Val. I used my Disqus account to comment on your tumblr blog before. I'll make a new tumblr account for you to follow.

If I recall correctly, this story was during her powerless phase and she and forge were trapped in that pocket world. She relieved having that spiritual experience but when she tried to do it over nothing happened. She wondered if that meant she was supposed to be the Goddess of this world or something like that.

I was more wondering if they ever revisited this concept.

BANNED

Attachment 491

Fear not, the High Priestess always delivers