Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Reboot One Spider-Man Character

Let's say Marvel wants you to reboot/retool just one Spider-Man character. Could be Spider-Man himself, one of his supporting cast, or a villain. Only caveat is you can't just change them back to be like they were in a previous run/era. So, who do you change, and how? Can only be one.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 04-11-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Why would DC do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Why would DC do this?
    That's what I'm wondering

Edit - I'd pick Betty Brant. She desperately needs to be made relevant. I'd expand on her journalism role. I'd make her the premier investigative reporter of the Marvel Universe. She would come to be involved with a small team of misfit heroes who travel around helping solve problems involving things the cops or PIs can't - think Scooby Doo meets Heroes for Hire.
    Last edited by Celgress; 04-10-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The brotherhood of Wasps from Anya's title should be connected to the Wasp.

Astonishing Member

Why would DC do this?
    This is the question that we’re all asking.

It’s really tough to think about, and I’m not sure that I even really understand the question but I’m gonna pick Alpha and retool him into being a rival for Miles.

Why would DC do this?
    Damn it! Look, I created similar threads in the Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman subforums, and I copy pasted to save time. Sometimes you miss obvious errors taking short cuts like that.

It's fixed now.

Uncle Ben was the Big Man.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Uncle Ben was the Big Man.
    How long would he be in the story?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    How long would he be in the story?
    He dies the same way he normally does but the burglar was actually an assassin and the debut of Spider-Man coincides with the biggest gang war in history as the Crime Master, Osborn, Kingpin, Tombstone, and Hammerhead compete for power, the Bugle becomes a last stand for distorted truth in the face of a media corrupted by lies, the conflict and appearance of Spider-Man starts a local genetic arms race that leads to creation of all of the villains, and Peter has to face the dark side of his father figure's legacy, the most powerful criminals ever to hit New York, and a grand conspiracy that reaches to the highest levels of government, all while trying to live something resembling a life once Ben's secrets becomes public.

the original post was a joke but now I've got this whole pitch for it, cool
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

i'd make Vin Gonzalez the new Scorpion and give him the updated suit that Mac doesn't seem to be wearing. I just think the role could use some new blood. I was cool with Mac being Venom. but that ship has sailed. the way it was done made it seem like Scorpion was a loser. him slipping back into the role doesn't change my mind on it. Vin already had his heel turn. why not go the whole way?

Astonishing Member

i'd make Vin Gonzalez the new Scorpion and give him the updated suit that Mac doesn't seem to be wearing. I just think the role could use some new blood. I was cool with Mac being Venom. but that ship has sailed. the way it was done made it seem like Scorpion was a loser. him slipping back into the role doesn't change my mind on it. Vin already had his heel turn. why not go the whole way?

It’s annoying that they dropped Vin altogether. It’s stuff like this that makes Spider-Man readers noncommital.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It’s annoying that they dropped Vin altogether. It’s stuff like this that makes Spider-Man readers noncommital.
    he's presumably still out there with that goblin band on his arm. no idea what he's doing for a living though. maybe he could go into private investigation; digging up dirt on Osborn's enemies (or people he needs to influence).

Calypso.

I'd actually use her, since she's the most prominent female baddie Spidey has had historically.

And with her voodoo abilities, she should be able to resurrect herself at any given time. Does Spidey have any other villains that just. won't. die? That could be her shtick. She just has to get away from constantly being bogged down by Kraven.

Venom and Carnage should be two of Spider-Man's most fearsome villains, but have been badly mishandled for a long time. Both have pretty solid ideas at their core and need to go back to basics.

The 90's Animated Series is a pretty good model IMO. Not perfect (Carnage's energy leeching abilities were pretty weak) but for me, exactly what the characters should be about.

iMan 42s

Iron Patriot

Just what exactly was Osborn trying to do as director of Hammer? He was trying to make all the pieces of the world both superhuman and civilian fit together. He used villains to achieve that end, but that's really no different than what ultimately ended up happening before and following his rise to power. So there's a thought, what if there was an Iron Patriot by way of Green Goblin? Focusing on the systems that don't work, X-men declaring war on humanity, a rogue superhuman wiping out an entire species, accountability of superhumans and the organizations that enable them, and accountability of those who put people like Osborn or Stark in power in the first place. He'd take on the heroes in the political arena and physically.

I'd reboot the Iron Patriot as an Anti-Villain. Someone who has noble goals and is ultimately villainous on their way to achieving that end because in order to get around the Avengers, X-men, Fantastic Four, or even Spider-man, you can't champion the cause. In order to achieve peace in the MU you apparently have to be a bastard and that can create some interesting interactions. For Spider-man that comes back to his news routes where he can take pictures and or even write about the things the Iron Patriot is doing and the benefits it may or may not have. Then you also have the bias Peter might have on the situation should he have a pretty nasty encounter with him. What if that information comes up bias or uses false information to create a narrative? I'd say it has potential.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.