Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Wally is the Wally from Post Crisis. He has all his experiences from that timeline although he currently cannot remember his kids.
    Are you saying even though things are definitely different for all the other characters who were around after Flashpoint, none of Wally's past experiences have been erased now?
    (When did Barry and Iris get married under the New52/Rebirth?
    I would have thought I'd have heard about that happening...)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Are you saying even though things are definitely different for all the other characters who were around after Flashpoint, none of Wally's past experiences have been erased now?
    (When did Barry and Iris get married under the New52/Rebirth?
    I would have thought I'd have heard about that happening...)
    Wally mentioned it in the Rebirth #1 for the Flash. Barry wanted to tell his 'friend' Iris, Wally was shocked that they were only friends. Wally is the same one who lived Pre Flashpoint. He knows everything that happened, aside from his Kids existing. Which is why he was so hurt when Linda, who he remembers as his wife, doesnt remember him. It was confirmed that Wally's Pre Flashpoint Experiences and Memories will be shown during the Flash War Prelude (Williamson showed his very extensive Pre Flashpoint reading list) and they will be a crucial factor to why Wally goes against Barry (My Money is on the fact that Wally will remember his kids in the Prelude, and blame Barry for them not existing)

Wally remembers his time as Kid Flash, his time with the titans, Barry dying, Wally's assention to being The Flash, His Wedding, Barry's return. He remembers it all. He's like the Pre Flashpoint Superman. Except Wally doesnt have a counterpart to merge with. So The Rebirth Earth simply warped to add 'Wally West' to the timeline, even though he's actually from New Earth, not Prime Earth. Hence Kadabra in this timeline made Prime Earth Wally disappear, and when Wally came back, it was New Earth's Wally
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-12-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Wally mentioned it in the Rebirth #1 for the Flash.
    And don't forget, after he was able to leave the Speed Force towards the end of DC Universe: Rebirth #1, Wally was already starting to forget some of those things he had "known" / "remembered" (that may not have actually happened now).

. . . It was confirmed that Wally's Pre Flashpoint Experiences and Memories will be shown during the Flash War Prelude (Williamson showed his very extensive Pre Flashpoint reading list) and they will be a crucial factor to why Wally goes against Barry (My Money is on the fact that Wally will remember his kids in the Prelude, and blame Barry for them not existing)
    Oh, I guess this is something else I will avoid buying unless it means that Jay and/or Johnny Quick will be returning for more than a couple of pages before going back into the Speed Force or whatever void they've been trapped in.

And don't forget, after he was able to leave the Speed Force towards the end of DC Universe: Rebirth #1, Wally was already starting to forget some of those things he had "known" / "remembered" (that may not have actually happened now).

Oh, I guess this is something else I will avoid buying unless it means that Jay and/or Johnny Quick will be returning for more than a couple of pages before going back into the Speed Force or whatever void they've been trapped in.
    Flash War could lead to Jay, Max or Bart- All 3 are Major Wally West Era characters and Williamson said before he wants to use Max and Bart. Jay- Like Wally did, needs a lightning rod to return to. Barry didnt work for him. Maybe Wally will

Flash War could lead to Jay, Max or Bart- All 3 are Major Wally West Era characters and Williamson said before he wants to use Max and Bart. Jay- Like Wally did, needs a lightning rod to return to. Barry didnt work for him. Maybe Wally will
    "could" = "don't hold your breath waiting"

After Jay's "return" (followed by a very quick disappearance again!) in the pointless "The Button" crossover a few months back, and the fact DC seems to have made next-to-no real progress on the actual return (and then staying around) of the JSA yet, I try not to expect them to accomplish anything before the actual stories are published.

"could" = "don't hold your breath waiting"

After Jay's "return" (followed by a very quick disappearance again!) in the pointless "The Button" crossover a few months back, and the fact DC seems to have made next-to-no real progress on the actual return (and then staying around) of the JSA yet, I try not to expect them to accomplish anything before the actual stories are published.
    What can I say I'm an optimist.

What can I say I'm an optimist.
    And I'm old and have seen a lot of stupidity from DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Barry needs to die period. He has absolutely no character other than what DC stole from Wally.
    I don't know about die, but yeah Barry is only even slightly interesting now because they basically made him more like Wally.

Yes, they should. Barry was only truly interesting as a character after he died; bringing him back came with a bunch of garbage "grim and gritty" caveats like a murdered mom to force him to be more "interesting." And as others have said, he's just cribbing Wally's personality to make him more relateable these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Yes, they should. Barry was only truly interesting as a character after he died; bringing him back came with a bunch of garbage "grim and gritty" caveats like a murdered mom to force him to be more "interesting." And as others have said, he's just cribbing Wally's personality to make him more relateable these days.
    I don't see any of Wally in Barry's personality right now, particularly in his solo book.

Maybe when he jokes when he's around the League, but I think that was Barry even before Wally took over the mantle.

Fantastic Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Barry and Wally still have different personalities. Always did.

I'd like Wally to get a different costume (closer to the "Walter West/Dark Flash" suit from the Mark Waid run in the 1990s) and join the JLA (not the JL), now that it seems Batman is leaving for good. (Batman is in too many titles as it is.)

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Lol.

What do the writers do, throw a a set of dice before each story?

If it’s a double 5 we’ll show Wally remembering stuff this issue. But anything lower and he’ completely cluelesss....
    It's just hasn't really been addressed in depth. He did show a level of control of his powers that even post-Crisis Wally didn't have, but OTOH, he doesn't remember his own kids, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It's just hasn't really been addressed in depth. He did show a level of control of his powers that even post-Crisis Wally didn't have, but OTOH, he doesn't remember his own kids, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    If the depictions in the Rebirth special are taken to be his memories as he's telling us the story, then he remembers Iris because she's on that splash page from Flash: Rebirth as impulse.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    If the depictions in the Rebirth special are taken to be his memories as he's telling us the story, then he remembers Iris because she's on that splash page from Flash: Rebirth as impulse.
    Exept Wally mentioned things were getting harder to remember by the end of the issue which muddles things even if the depictions were supposed to be his memories. I think the fact his kids weren't brought up during Lilith's mind reading (while Linda was prominent) would seem to indicate he doesn't remember them at this point.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Exept Wally mentioned things were getting harder to remember by the end of the issue which muddles things even if the depictions were supposed to be his memories. I think the fact his kids weren't brought up during Lilith's mind reading (while Linda was prominent) would seem to indicate he doesn't remember them at this point.
    Good point, didn't remember that.