Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What would you want from a Dawn of X relaunch of X-Factor?

I feel like a huge missing title from the initial announcements for Dawn of X is a new X-Factor. However, I also expect to see it later, because it just makes too much sense, so let's discuss what we'd like from a new X-Factor title.

Here's what I want:
    • Written by Chip Zdarsky
    • Drawn by Daniel Acuna
    • Plot is a revamp of X-Factor Investigations, focusing on mutant and anti-mutant crimes around the world, and investigating anything that might be suspicious, while reporting to Krakoa in-between operations.
    • Features a good balance between established veterans and new recruits.

Lineup (veterans)
    • Multiple Man
    • Strong Guy
    • Siryn
    • Longshot
    • Penance (Monet)

Lineup (newcomers)
    • Ricochet (from the Slingers)
    • Prodigy
    • Surge
    • Daytripper

That's just my idea. What would you like from a new X-Factor series? Discuss.

just dump in all the characters that for some reason missed out on wave 1, give them some insane plots and I’m there

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I like the idea of relaunching XFI, but I would keep it in Krakoa, with them acting as law enforcement/investigation squad. With all the "former" villians now habitating the island it would be a necessity. It would also let us see the inner workings of life on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I like the idea of relaunching XFI, but I would keep it in Krakoa, with them acting as law enforcement/investigation squad. With all the "former" villians now habitating the island it would be a necessity. It would also let us see the inner workings of life on Krakoa.
    oooh this made me kind of want x-factor as a “villain book” like what are sinister, exodus, selene, etc. up to on krakoa.....a concept

Nightcrawler's American embassy team.

I want Kylun, I'll probably get Archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Maybe. I just imagine X-Factor as being like the Krakoa detective agency, operating in some kind of secret in the best interests of both Krakoa and the world.

i want the mutant version of the Thunderbolts. specifically, it would be a roster of mutants who have been found guilty of crimes against Krakoa or mutants in general. and they'd be forced to carry out missions on behalf of Krakoa; to pay their debts. i know that this is usually set aside for 'X-Force.' but i'm looking at the other titles. and the names seem to be mostly ceremonial.

i guess it could also deal with whatever organization is charged with tracking down mutants who haven't made it to Krakoa. there are a lot of non-US-based mutants who have probably fallen through the cracks.

BANNED

No PAD.
    No Madrox.
    No Layla.
    No Havok.

I want to die.

And I want a completely new premise + Sinister + tubby
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

If Polaris is in main cast, then her leading it. Shouldn't be a team member if someone else is leading, especially since ANXF didn't really get a chance while Peter David was course correcting. Otherwise, I don't really care what happens with it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I want to die.

And I want a completely new premise + Sinister + tubby
    Val Cooper/Sinister sitcom book. Mr & Mrs SeXXX

No Havok, that's it

I'm only interested in X-Factor as Investigations. Madrox and Layla, of course. A year ago I would have lobbied to have PAD back, but now I only want new voices. There's plenty of decent choices available.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I'm only interested in X-Factor as Investigations. Madrox and Layla, of course. A year ago I would have lobbied to have PAD back, but now I only want new voices. There's plenty of decent choices available.
    Think Zdarsky could do it well?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Think Zdarsky could do it well?
    Hmm, well, yes, Zdarsky is great, but that kinda feels like type-casting him after Howard the Duck and Daredevil.