Page 427 of 555 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 8323

Thread: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    If she wanted that throne so badly, why wouldn't she kill or let Jon be killed when she had the chance? It was terrible to see her begging Jon for the throne... that made her look pathetic to me. It contradicts the Dany who told Jon she hoped she deserved it (to be the queen) in season 7.

Saw this..

Begging was certainly out of character for Dany. But that's what love does to you I guess. She doesn't want to fight Jon... but unlike Jon she's smart enough to realize that once their secret comes out (and it WILL since Jon was naive enough to think Sansa would keep it a secret), Jon was going to become a threat to her whether he wants to or not. She doesn't want to have to fight Jon for the throne, but she knows that's exactly what will happen if their secret gets out. Which it did, because of Jon. What's happening is exactly what she KNEW would happen, and she was trying to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    I feel that D&D loved the first 3 books, knew that events like Ned's execution or Red Wedding would be great for TV, but after that, they didn't cared or were thrilled with the plot. That's why they rushed thing and the quality decline faster that Melissandre's aging during the finale of episode 3.
    Even if they did love the later books, I think the reality set in that they couldn't rely on the books to really get them to the finish line of the show. They had to start doing their own thing, because they were operating on a deadline which the books obviously didn't have.

But I do agree they were rushed. They had half a dozen episodes to wrap everything up, and that forced things to move at a pace the previous seasons didn't have.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Re: How Euron's fleet was able to ambush Dany's dragons and ships... the attack happened just as they were arriving at Dragonstone, and the fleet had been hidden behind the island. They're lucky Dany didn't decide to go straight to King's Landing, or Euron would have had to teleport over there to intercept her.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Re: How Euron's fleet was able to ambush Dany's dragons and ships... the attack happened just as they were arriving at Dragonstone, and the fleet had been hidden behind the island. They're lucky Dany didn't decide to go straight to King's Landing, or Euron would have had to teleport over there to intercept her.
    It was actually a gamble on Eurons part to a degree. They obviously had no way of knowing when or even IF Dany was going to return to Dragonstone. It wasn't an unreasoable assumption by anymeans... but Cersi easily could have wasted valuable resources for nothing had they simply decided to head straight to kings landing, or if they even decided to postpone things and wait in the north while their forces rested.

Extraordinary Member

Actually part of it didn’t matter because the larger key was ambushing the ships and further damaging her forces. Seeing and getting a dragon was a plus. Also Dragonstone isn’t far from Blackwater rush

It occurs to me that if they really want to siege King's Landing without blowing it to kingdom come, they are going to need to establish naval dominance to prevent supplies from being shipped in. So what they really need to do is seal off land routes while gradually building up Yara's fleet until it is big enough to challenge Euron's. That's the smart play: cut King's Landing off from the rest of the seven kingdom's, control the seven kingdom's to the point where you can start getting taxes, pour money into the Iron Islands, and then achieve naval dominance and thereby cut off Cersei's one source of resupply.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It occurs to me that if they really want to siege King's Landing without blowing it to kingdom come, they are going to need to establish naval dominance to prevent supplies from being shipped in. So what they really need to do is seal off land routes while gradually building up Yara's fleet until it is big enough to challenge Euron's. That's the smart play: cut King's Landing off from the rest of the seven kingdom's, control the seven kingdom's to the point where you can start getting taxes, pour money into the Iron Islands, and then achieve naval dominance and thereby cut off Cersei's one source of resupply.
    Yeah, I think Tyrion and Jon to some degree were basically suggesting they blockage Kings Landing. They can eventually starve them out if they can cut off supply lines, and Cersi allowing everyone into the walls of the kingdom actually speeds that up. If the people are hungry enough, they'll turn on Cersi and do Danys job for them. WHo knows... at a certain point the Golden Company might even bail

The key is negating Euron, and simply having enough patients to wait them out. But I don't think Dany at this point in the story can be talked into handling things patiently. Cersi made things too personal.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It was actually a gamble on Eurons part to a degree. They obviously had no way of knowing when or even IF Dany was going to return to Dragonstone. It wasn't an unreasoable assumption by anymeans... but Cersi easily could have wasted valuable resources for nothing had they simply decided to head straight to kings landing, or if they even decided to postpone things and wait in the north while their forces rested.
    If only the good guy team had a person who could warg into birds to scout out enemy strategy

oh... lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If only the good guy team had a person who could warg into birds to scout out enemy strategy

oh... lol
    In theory Bran is still super useful.

But honestly I sort of took from Brans comments that he's done. Night King is gone, and I don't think he gives a crap about the rest.

Yeah, I think Tyrion and Jon to some degree were basically suggesting they blockage Kings Landing. They can eventually starve them out if they can cut off supply lines, and Cersi allowing everyone into the walls of the kingdom actually speeds that up. If the people are hungry enough, they'll turn on Cersi and do Danys job for them. WHo knows... at a certain point the Golden Company might even bail

The key is negating Euron, and simply having enough patients to wait them out. But I don't think Dany at this point in the story can be talked into handling things patiently. Cersi made things too personal.

Which is a pity, because it really shouldn't be THAT hard to negate Euron. His navy is large, but without the Iron Islands it isn't getting any bigger, and will slowly rot. Meanwhile Yara actually has a base from which to build more ships, and has governance over a populace that specializes in, y'know, building ships. She can pretty much just say, "hey, people of the Iron Islands, do that ship-building thing that you've all been doing since you were children and are insanely efficient at."

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

oh... lol
    I mean they dont. The Three Eyed Raven does his own thing. He doesnt take orders and isnt all that helpful. He isnt really a part of this team nor do I think he is all that concerned with the politics of Westeros warfare

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Which is a pity, because it really shouldn't be THAT hard to negate Euron. His navy is large, but without the Iron Islands it isn't getting any bigger, and will slowly rot. Meanwhile Yara actually has a base from which to build more ships, and has governance over a populace that specializes in, y'know, building ships. She can pretty much just say, "hey, people of the Iron Islands, do that ship-building thing that you've all been doing since you were children and are insanely efficient at."
    You are forgetting Euron can teleport

He'd teleport back to slap Yara around (again) and be back in 22 hours lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

In theory Bran is still super useful.

But honestly I sort of took from Brans comments that he's done. Night King is gone, and I don't think he gives a crap about the rest.
    He said that the Night King wanted to kill him because the Three Eyed Raven is the "memory" of humanity in Westeros, which suggests that he has some important role to play that the NK wanted to stop.

I'm not exactly sure what the old Three Eyed Raven did besides sit in his cave and wait for Bran to show up. Got the sense he basically dedicated his life to hiding from the NK. Now that Bran doesn't have to worry about that, he may feel motivated to be more proactive.

What if he were to Warg into the Mountain, like he did Hodor?

Anyone else change their mind on Cleganebowl?

I'm team "let Greyworm F the mountain up" now

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    He said that the Night King wanted to kill him because the Three Eyed Raven is the "memory" of humanity in Westeros, which suggests that he has some important role to play that the NK wanted to stop.

I'm not exactly sure what the old Three Eyed Raven did besides sit in his cave and wait for Bran to show up. Got the sense he basically dedicated his life to hiding from the NK. Now that Bran doesn't have to worry about that, he may feel motivated to be more proactive.

What if he were to Warg into the Mountain, like he did Hodor?
    Yeah, Bran is ridiculously powerful at this point. He could have Cersi killed any number of ways if he really wanted too. I frankly think that's why he almost has to sit out the rest of the story. Cersi can counter dragons, but not necessarily Bran. Heck she doesn't even know she needs to counter Bran.

I do wonder if he'll warg into Jamie or even Cersi herself, and send her out the nearest window at some point.