Page 330 of 774 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Ok. I feel like Wanda and Jan evolved into likeable and independent characters, character assassinations aside. I've not felt that way with Sue. I struggle to think of her "personality"
    She's one of the logical and mature characters. The balance for her brother. She has leadership qualities with her way of reasoning with people. She's always been maternal, but that's not always a bad thing. That only becomes a bad thing when all women are portrayed that way. In the bronze age, they started to push her away from the motherly stuff so much and had her be more assertive.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    She's one of the logical and mature characters. The balance for her brother. She has leadership qualities with her way of reasoning with people. She's always been maternal, but that's not always a bad thing. That only becomes a bad thing when all women are portrayed that way. In the bronze age, they started to push her away from the motherly stuff so much and had her be more assertive.
    Ok. I wasn't too into the whole "female character has to keep everyone grounded" thing. It's a bit cliche IMO and I feel like she's still stuck in thr team mom stereotype

Anyway, I always thought her powers would work better for a secret agent type character. I know she had a recent series as a shield agent. Makes more sense than Black Widow IMO

Ok. I wasn't too into the whole "female character has to keep everyone grounded" thing. It's a bit cliche IMO and I feel like she's still stuck in thr team mom stereotype

Anyway, I always thought her powers would work better for a secret agent type character. I know she had a recent series as a shield agent. Makes more sense than Black Widow IMO
    Well I don't even know if that is a stereotype for comics because most moms in the universe don't get to be that. And being a mom is not unprogressive.

But a secret agent arc would be good. And I'd definitely read it. Black Widow goes stealth with gadgets.

Ultimate Member

Well I don't even know if that is a stereotype for comics because most moms in the universe don't get to be that. And being a mom is not unprogressive.

But a secret agent arc would be good. And I'd definitely read it. Black Widow goes stealth with gadgets.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that. I meant the whole team mom "female character is the one keeping everyone in line" isn't something I always care for.

Anyway, I've never really gotten into the Marvel spy stuff because none of them really have any powers. In a world with shapeshifting, invisibility, etc, just having a few gadgets seems lame to me

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that. I meant the whole team mom "female character is the one keeping everyone in line" isn't something I always care for.

Anyway, I've never really gotten into the Marvel spy stuff because none of them really have any powers. In a world with shapeshifting, invisibility, etc, just having a few gadgets seems lame to me
    I think it doesn't bother me because it's not really a mothering thing as much as it's a leadership quality. I'd like to see Sue lead a team. She's got the right temperament for it. The thing that bothers me more is having female characters go crazy with power and not able to control it, and everyone having to put them in check.

Ultimate Member

I think it doesn't bother me because it's not really a mothering thing as much as it's a leadership quality. I'd like to see Sue lead a team. She's got the right temperament for it. The thing that bothers me more is having female characters go crazy with power and not able to control it, and everyone having to put them in check.
    Yeah, the powerful female goes crazy trope sucks

so... people on twitter have been speculating about what this Mark Brooks cover could be about

we can see her hand and the silhouette of her leg

Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-10-2021 at 06:21 AM.

If it's a real cover and not just some variant, I'd have a lot of questions. One being why she's in her classic costume? Another being, why kill her off when they essentially did that to her character long before now?

He did say it's a cover and it's clearly Wanda, now we have to guess if it's for a new comic or a variant from some other comic from the x-line

i was thinking since it's mark brooks and he's been doing some covers for the Dr Doom wedding could it be for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    He did say it's a cover and it's clearly Wanda, now we have to guess if it's for a new comic or a variant from some other comic from the x-line

i was thinking since it's mark brooks and he's been doing some covers for the Dr Doom wedding could it be for it?
    I doubt that it has to do with Doom's wedding. That already was revealed. And I don't see how Wanda would figure into Doom marrying someone else and it gets released in a couple days.

I'm gonna guess variant or teaser for something that doesn't happen. Because it'd take having Wanda in something before Darkhold Alpha, and that probably won't happen, lol.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

And I don't see how Wanda would figure into Doom marrying someone else and it gets released in a couple days.
    Maybe flashbacks scenes to their attempted wedding in Children's Crusade.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Maybe flashbacks scenes to their attempted wedding in Children's Crusade.
    That'd be really odd. Celebrate Doom getting married by showing previous failed attempts, lol.

If it's a real cover and not just some variant, I'd have a lot of questions. One being why she's in her classic costume? Another being, why kill her off when they essentially did that to her character long before now?
    Killing a character off in Marvel is just giving them a break until someone can think of something to do with them. Which for Wanda is no difference to what they have done to her.

Last note about Sue or FF. Susan Storm was the modern Marvel comic's first main female character.

1961, when nearly all women were still mothers, not working out of the house, and still a few years before the youth movement, anti-Vietnam and other things, changed our culture. By 1968 or so, Sue was wearing a mini skirt.
    other aspects of Sue that are dated, but still unique:
    Sue often had premonitions of danger. And they mostly were true. They never aligned this with psychic powers like 'mutation'. But I found it enough to look at it, more like a typical 'female' reaction per most views of women in comics or other literature.
    Sue may have boring aspects to folks but on the level of heroics and self-sacrifice, she stands near the top.

As much as I like Sue, there is only one thing that would make her more exciting or pleasing to me, and people who know what I post on those threads know what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Oberon; 05-10-2021 at 03:38 AM.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    so... people on twitter have been speculating about what this Mark Brooks cover could be about

we can see her hand and the silhouette of her leg

some people say it looks like the Pieta sculpture (which means Piety )

don't wanna say anything but what some people been saying this could be about... i don't think i'm gonna be happy if this ends up like that
    People were already speculating about Magneto killing her off and his trial being about that even before Mark Brooks published that image. Some X-fans are just obsessed with making everything about Wanda. Sister is living in their minds rent free. I wouldn't worry too much about anything until we have more concrete information. I see no point in killing off Wanda for X-Men drama when she has her own book completely unrelated to X-business coming a while after that. Their focus being on Darkhold makes more sense, specially in light of WandaVision's success this year.

The most likely option is that Marvel is doing ''Trial Of Magneto'' because they've been rehashing old storylines for a while now. Just recently we got another Clone Saga and Heroes Reborn. So maybe they just wanted some of that sweet nostalgia for their X-line and it doesn't have much to do with Wanda, if at all. People give too much credit to the X-Office and think they have much more control than they actually have over non-X-Men characters. The recent Franklin Richards retcon is proof of how things actually work.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-10-2021 at 05:44 AM.