Page 88 of 117 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1744

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Slott showed real potential with this issue and introduced not only characters but also concepts that could have ripple effects on the larger MU, similar to what Stan and Jack used to do back in the 60s.
    This idea is one that I don't think can be planned for. If a writer introduces characters with the goal of them being of utmost importance to the Comics Universe, that's a difficult concept to pull off without that character looking super-powerful and other characters are accused of jobbing to the writer's new "pet". Stan and Jack created awesome characters with stories that made those characters interesting and other writers wanted to use them and expand upon those stories.

spoilers:
    I loved this issue, seeing the false God Franklin humbled was just the icing on the cake. I love the addition of the kids for Ben and Alicia their adorable and I see potential for amazing growth! Reed and Sue both acknowledging their mistakes without all the drama love it! Don't care about Uatu like that but it's cool he's back I guess.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    spoilers:
    I loved this issue, seeing the false God Franklin humbled was just the icing on the cake. I love the addition of the kids for Ben and Alicia their adorable and I see potential for amazing growth! Reed and Sue both acknowledging their mistakes without all the drama love it! Don't care about Uatu like that but it's cool he's back I guess.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Uatu was back in Empyre aftermath, the truly huge thing was that Nick Fury Senior is back in the game
    end of spoilers
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    spoilers:
    Uatu was back in Empyre aftermath, the truly huge thing was that Nick Fury Senior is back in the game
    end of spoilers
    Meh I don't care about him... Is shield even still around these days?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    This idea is one that I don't think can be planned for. If a writer introduces characters with the goal of them being of utmost importance to the Comics Universe, that's a difficult concept to pull off without that character looking super-powerful and other characters are accused of jobbing to the writer's new "pet". Stan and Jack created awesome characters with stories that made those characters interesting and other writers wanted to use them and expand upon those stories.
    I am not saying that it was Slott's intention. All I meant was that what was introduced felt significant enough that it could be used in other books and gave me a similar feeling to what was happening in the 60s, where this title was the one that brought in new ideas to expand the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Meh I don't care about him... Is shield even still around these days?
    SHIELD was disbanded at least officially, but Fury Jr's been about on occasion- so has Maria Hill, and Coulson is running the Squadron Supreme
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I still think the spy thing isn't the best avenue for Sue personality-wise, plus there are many other heroes associated with that profession. I hope she gets something more suited to her.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Very good issue! I’ve mostly enjoyed Slott’s run so far... I love it when Doom works with the FF. Stupid question... Has the location of the Baxter Building / Four Freedoms Plaza always need the same? I know Four Freedoms was built where the old Baxter was. Did the new Baxter building that was built in space go in the same spot? Or did the Thunderbolts still have that spot? It’s been a while, so my memory is fuzzy. Heck, did the FF ever retrieve all of their stuff that Nathanial Richards hid in the Negative Zone after Onslaught? That could be a story if they didn’t...

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    Franklin is powerless. Now, let him become a supervillain and die as a pathetic pile of ash. Death to the false god! In all honesty, Franklin is going to be moody, emo, probably will be abusive once more. I hate this cliche. I hate how his entire character revolves around his powers. It's not relatable. It's boring.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Just realized that the forever portal could speed up the process for whatever field Sue could be in. She could accidentally fall in or something and come out with years of experience in whatever skill set a writer wants for her. If a writer wants, It's the perfect tool to add something to the character.
    end of spoilers
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I still think the spy thing isn't the best avenue for Sue personality-wise, plus there are many other heroes associated with that profession. I hope she gets something more suited to her.
    I agree, people tend to think she'll be a great spy simply because she can turn invisible which seems so shallow.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's not what I would have chosen for her personally, but I quite like it. Not only are her powers perfectly suited for it but she brings a certain sense of morality into the profession that provides a fun juxtaposition in my opinion. Honestly though, I'm just glad she has something that is her own in the team even if I would have preferred her as an ambassador or something.

Picked up FF #25 because of the fantastic art and the Franklin parts. I might continue for this arc.
    Also... John Krasinski? Is that you?!
    reed.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Picked up FF #25 because of the fantastic art and the Franklin parts. I might continue for this arc.
    Also... John Krasinski? Is that you?!
    reed.jpg
    I thought the exact same. It's been obvious that artists have been using John as an artistic inspiration for Reed but there is absolutely no denying it in this issue. XD That is 10000000% John.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Very good issue! I’ve mostly enjoyed Slott’s run so far... I love it when Doom works with the FF. Stupid question... Has the location of the Baxter Building / Four Freedoms Plaza always need the same? I know Four Freedoms was built where the old Baxter was. Did the new Baxter building that was built in space go in the same spot? Or did the Thunderbolts still have that spot? It’s been a while, so my memory is fuzzy. Heck, did the FF ever retrieve all of their stuff that Nathanial Richards hid in the Negative Zone after Onslaught? That could be a story if they didn’t...
    The Thunderbolts' building was destroyed when they were outed as the Masters of Evil. Initially, the FF built a new HQ elsewhere, but later the Baxter Building was rebuilt in the original location.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman