Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

The Danvers Twins!

Kara Zor-El Linda Lee Danvers & Carol Car-Ell Susan Jane Danvers!

Starring in: "Pet... Peeved!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d love to see her move back to Chicago, or a DC equivalent fictional city, and become a social worker.
    If Kara has to have a day job and Secret ID, I’d prefer it not be in journalism. I don’t like her being a Clark clone, feels lazy to me. So I’d be interested in your idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Kara has to have a day job and Secret ID, I’d prefer it not be in journalism. I don’t like her being a Clark clone, feels lazy to me. So I’d be interested in your idea.
    I feel the same way for the same reason. Kara needs a career that is her own.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d love to see her move back to Chicago, or a DC equivalent fictional city, and become a social worker.
    Why not just stay in National City?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Why not just stay in National City?
    The problem with “fake cities” is that unless you actually put the time into giving them landmarks, history, and a reason for existing, they can feel bland and boring. Especially art-wise when the artist just draws a bunch of boxes. Gotham has a very distinct identity and look that makes sense, but everywhere else, even Metropolis sometimes suffers. I don’t really think Flash would lose anything from being in Detroit for example, or for Supergirl to be in Chicago.

The problem with “fake cities” is that unless you actually put the time into giving them landmarks, history, and a reason for existing, they can feel bland and boring. Especially art-wise when the artist just draws a bunch of boxes. Gotham has a very distinct identity and look that makes sense, but everywhere else, even Metropolis sometimes suffers. I don’t really think Flash would lose anything from being in Detroit for example, or for Supergirl to be in Chicago.
    I think Johns basically made Keystone Detroit anyways.

Kon93

I think she should go into the sciences, take advantage of that kryptonian intelligence of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I think she should go into the sciences, take advantage of that kryptonian intelligence of hers.
    Kara needs a job where she can keep an ear to the pulse of the city. That was why Clark was made a reporter. Being a scientist, being stuck in a lab, seems too isolated. I don't see her being a cop,
    but maybe a forensic technician, like Barry Allen. That would get her out in the field and she would hear about things from the police officers plus it would be science related.

Kara needs a job where she can keep an ear to the pulse of the city. That was why Clark was made a reporter. Being a scientist, being stuck in a lab, seems too isolated. I don't see her being a cop,
    but maybe a forensic technician, like Barry Allen. That would get her out in the field and she would hear about things from the police officers plus it would be science related.
    Does she though? Thanks to modern day power creep that explanation doesn’t really work for Kal and Kara anymore. I prefer Kal picking journalism for a couple of reasons which I won’t get into here, but for Kara you could easily have her work for STAR Labs or the DEO and let her have a job while also being open about her super identity.

Best Supergirl runs? The current one isn't something I'd be interested in :x

I want to like the character, but I need a run to really get me into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Best Supergirl runs? The current one isn't something I'd be interested in :x

I want to like the character, but I need a run to really get me into the mix.
    Post-Crisis Sterling Gates and Jamal Igle? The Rebirth Supergirl run by Steve Orlando? New 52 Kara was something I enjoyed but she was pretty angst and angry so that might not be to your taste. The first two I mentioned are one the lighter side.

Post-Crisis Sterling Gates and Jamal Igle? The Rebirth Supergirl run by Steve Orlando? New 52 Kara was something I enjoyed but she was pretty angst and angry so that might not be to your taste. The first two I mentioned are one the lighter side.
    I loved Steve Orlando's Rebirth run. I guess Marc Andreyko is okay. Didn't much care for the New 52 version though. Just too angry.

I loved Steve Orlando's Rebirth run. I guess Marc Andreyko is okay. Didn't much care for the New 52 version though. Just too angry.
    Funny enough, I gave up on the Rebirth run by Orlando. I dislike it. I dislike how hard he was trying to make Kara attached to her school life. I think she should be far more free to be in the superhero world, so I dropped it. That's why I was asking for more runs. I've read a few issues of Andreyko and I liked where Kara was at, out in space.

I hope Supergirl is back with the legion and Brainiac 5. This was the good stuff that I was looking for again when I asked for recs.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Kara Zor-El Linda Lee Danvers & Carol Car-Ell Susan Jane Danvers!

Starring in: "Pet... Peeved!"
    Tsk... artist should've used the 1980's Ms. Marvel logo there. That one is Kamala's logo, originally used when Moonstone was Ms. Marvel in the late 2000s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman