Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    spoilers:
    There are an abundance of Spider-kids running around, huh? I even made a comprehensive list: 8 including this one from different realities/futures, etc.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I know, right?

It is already happening in the movies (Into Spider-Verse). Marvel, please, let the kids be kids and Spidey grows up
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Hugo Strange; 09-16-2019 at 02:00 PM.

The worst thing about Marvel is their constant need to coat tail their original characters to death and make the universe congested.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    The worst thing about Marvel is their constant need to coat tail their original characters to death and make the universe congested.
    Are you talking about their need to keep around the original characters instead of developing legacy characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    spoilers:
    I know, right?

It already is happening in the movies (Into Spider-Verse). Marvel, please, let the kids be kids and Spidey grows up
    end of spoilers
    Well...that's a conversation for another day lol

Are you talking about their need to keep around the original characters instead of developing legacy characters?
    That's a point/stance, and a valid one, but not one I believe in.

I don't like legacy characters 98% of the time at all. Children, mentee/student, clones, siblings, etc. It's just my personal preference. So, in my case, I meant that their need to make these legacy characters at all.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-16-2019 at 02:06 PM.

That's a point, and a valid one, but not one I believe in.

I don't like legacy characters 98% of the time at all. Children, mentee/student, clones, siblings, etc. It's just my personal preference. So, in my case, I meant that they're need to make these legacy characters at all.
    I gotcha! Yeah, the sheer number of legacy characters is staggering. One would think that Marvel would commit to one outside of Miles, but that is a different topic!
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 09-16-2019 at 02:09 PM.

That's fair. I was just trying to understand your original point a bit better. That's how it was when I read it. What did you mean in your original statement?
    Just that, in my opinion, one of the things I dislike about Marvel is that they make legacy characters that inherently coattail off of existing characters. All these Spider-characters are only around because they managed to leech of Peter for years. (Again, all in my opinion. Should clarify that)

But, like I said, 98% of the time I dislike legacies. There's that 2% of the time where they work. I'm okay with Mayday and Miguel because they were both created in their own world. Miguel had the 2099 world and was hardly coat-tailing. I also really liked the 2099 world. Mayday established herself as Peter's daughter well in her own little world that was about her and not him. I also liked that they retired Peter there with MJ.

I also kinda, sorta put up with Anya because of her costume. It's so cool.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-16-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Just that, in my opinion, one of the things I dislike about Marvel is that they make legacy characters that inherently coattail off of existing characters. All these Spider-characters are only around because they managed to leech of Peter for years. (Again, all in my opinion. Should clarify that)

But, like I said, 98% of the time I dislike legacies. There's that 2% of the time where they work. I'm okay with Mayday and Miguel because they were both created in their own world. Miguel had the 2099 world and was hardly coat-tailing. I also really liked the 2099 world. Mayday established herself as Peter's daughter well in her own little world that was about her and not him. I also liked that they retired Peter there with MJ.

I also kinda, sorta put up with Anya because of her costume. It's so cool.
    I get that! It is a bit weird just how many legacy characters are running around. But I say we gotta give this one a chance!

And yes, Anya's costume is one of the best spider-costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Okay...

spoilers:
    FOR GOD SAKE. MAYDAY, ANNIE, CLAIRE AND 3 BENJYS NOW, AND I AM NOT EVEN COUNTING OLD MAN LOGAN!!!!

MARVEL, IF YOU WANT SPIDER-DAY SO BAD, PLEASE JUST DO IT IN THE MAIN CONTINUITY!!!! MAYDAY 616 STILL MISSING... I guess...
    end of spoilers
    that would require Peter to grow up but unfortunately its comics and he is forbidden to age
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

spoilers:
    It just occurred to me that this will be the first story to primarily feature a son of Spider-Man as opposed to a daughter. Have you guys noticed that? We've had heavy focus on Mayday, Annie, May from Earth X, and even Claire from Life Story got a big role. But the sons have been left out. So now, we actually have a story about a son.of Peter and developing him. I'm curious about that. What do you guys think?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    It just occurred to me that this will be the first story to primarily feature a son of Spider-Man as opposed to a daughter. Have you guys noticed that? We've had heavy focus on Mayday, Annie, May from Earth X, and even Claire from Life Story got a big role. But the sons have been left out. So now, we actually have a story about a son.of Peter and developing him. I'm curious about that. What do you guys think?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    about time i thought the reasoning why is due to having the same problems as Miles with the name. So like every major Spider-man kid has to be a girl
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    about time i thought the reasoning why is due to having the same problems as Miles with the name. So like every major Spider-man kid has to be a girl
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well spider-kids have been around since the 90s, way before Miles. It's just historically been a Spider-Girl instead of Spider-Boy as the focus, probably to mesh with Spider-Girl in MC2
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Mayday Parker is remarkable for being the longest continually published female character that Marvel has fielded.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Mayday Parker is remarkable for being the longest continually published female character that Marvel has fielded.
    Seriously? That's incredible! Congrats to Mayday!

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    And because she actually exist in the main continuity... kinda... maybe... well, she is in the same limbo Damian Wayne stayed from Son of Demon until Morrison's run now.