Page 146 of 371 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 5560
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Excellent. Inadvertent teamwork with the Earthling had felled the Bronze-clad knight in short order. He turned and scanned the battlefield. The Saiyan Queen Consort seemed... engaged with fighting something invisible? How odd, but she struck him as far from helpless, despite her seemingly low level of power... just a hunch.

The Threshling companion of theirs was engaging Auroc, and seemed to have set him on fire.

And with several dozen knights descending upon her. Now that could certainly be a problem.

Voyavoda raised his finger, pointing at one of the knights who was wearing golden armor. In a split-second, a fiery beam of energy lanced out towards him. It probably wouldn't do much, but it would, perhaps distract him (or perhaps her?) from their Threshling friend.

Served him right... damned false god. To say that the princess felt smug at causing him pain would be an understatement.

However, she did not have long to gloat, as dozens of knights broke through the windows and were soon upon her. She grinned, her body becoming as water as she activated her Body of Water technique, the weapons passing through her now-liquid body. She wondered how many of these knights were victims?

...she was about to find out.

Her body flowed around the weapon of one of the golds in the ground, and she solidified behind him. Focusing her magical energy, she grasped the back of the knight's helmet and created a Null Magic Field, sustained by Hozon. It would not only sustain the field without her intervention, but also preserve the Knight's true self as the null magic field undid any control measures Auroc had placed on it.

Meanwhile, Seri the Stupendous had sprung into action! Thrusting her hands forward, a... weird glob of ki sprayed out, covering a fair portion of the Knights. They would soon find that they were now... sticky. Yes, sticky, because her new technique, Stic-Ki was a super-advanced ki technique that was super-sticky! Not only did it feel gross, it would keep them stuck to the ground. Uh, for a bit.
    The gold knight bats the attack aside and charges at the Nevadian.

——-

Neva, you attack cleanses the taint and the gold knight stumbles, confused.

“Princess?”

——

Seri, several of the knights are now sticky and pissed. Several fire off attacks at her.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "Hmm. Well. I guess there's only one real way to judge---"

The Nevadian very quickly became aware of a variety of spiking power levels rising without end, and energy signals flaring into existence before vanishing.

He groaned. They were coming from the direction of the capital building, and he knew these signals verywell.

"It's been.....I've not even been gone five minutes..."

Alas, it was not meant to be.

Talk about jumping the gun...They must really despise this guy. I'm no fan myself, to be fair...

"Well, I guess I'll have to go sightseeing another time."

He glanced at the cup once more.

"...Eh. Well, for the road at least."

The Nevadian raised the cup to his mouth, drinking deeply from it.
    As he does so, a faint glow coming from a trap door at the back catches his attention.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Damn...looks like this ain't the way..." The Majin grunts, flying back above the floor, but not before leaving a 'present'. One of his Annihilation Orbs, formed in his palms and shot forth, spinning drilling and burrowing into the underground of the planet. Sasheem didn't want to set it off just yet, so he let it dig until it potentially reached something interesting.

Once topside again, he scanned for any sign of Auroc.
    Auroc is watching his knights battle the rest, head to the side as he still burns a bit from Neva’s attack.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    This one maneuver ending successfully, Ochazuke made a swift count of the remaining Silver Knights. Erosa will make short work of that one, leaving two more-

Then suddenly this new attacker was upon him. In response, his hands shot up, arresting the spear's movement as the tip grazed his neck.

It would be foolhardy to test a Gold Knight strength for strength, and so his resistance fell to maneuvering the force in an instant. Planting his feet, Ochazuke shifted into Kokaku Sanchin, the fluid stance.

Instinct without thought brought him back to the Crane system of his roots - a rather elementary Seoi-Nage. Rather than contest the leverage of the spearman, perhaps he could uproot his balance in order to toss his armoured foe to the ground with Seisui Tensho.

Still some distance behind the energy-extension of his staff, Zaofan continued to speed towards his destination, and once he felt contact and the wall go smashing down, he released the formation of his Valiantium Staff. The concentration of his ki began to tax him from this burst of activity, prompting him to take more economical steps with light levitation as he entered the now exposed chamber.

OOC: Fist of the Altered Beast cooldown period: 3 Turns
    Ochazuke does so, the knight flung into a far wall.

Meanwhile, the gold knight Zaofan struck stumbles to his feet even as Zaofan sees a chained women in once fine attire, energy pulsing from the chain and heading upwards as they drain her.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The gold knight bats the attack aside and charges at the Nevadian.
    As expected, an experienced warrior like this wasn't much threatened by a mere Plasma Sniper. Good for taking out fodder, and for sneak attacks, but not much else. Well then, how to respond...

These people were, as he understood it, largely victims, so he didn't want to kill this individual, if at all possible. And yet, he had only one method of, maybe, pushing back the taint affecting this Knight, assuming, of course, that they weren't a willing sycophant. But it would still require time to work...

Falling into a fighting stance, his aura flared...

...and he charged at the knight, covering the distance instantly with Ma-Tobashi and delivering a strike to the Knight's Torso. This strike was a bit different from normal, however, as he delivered a "payload" of Cleansing Flame, focused to penetrate into the Knight's body by his Phoenix Eye Fist. Cleansing Flame was not an ability suited to countering magical influences--at least when used on others, rather than himself--but with many applications within a relatively short period of time, it would, he hoped, drive back the corruption.

Of course, that was but the first dose... so he'd likely be dueling this knight for quite some time until the 'medicine' worked. Or they revealed themselves a Zealot, after which he'd remove his kids gloves and fight to kill.

(3 Posts)
    ——-

Neva, you attack cleanses the taint and the gold knight stumbles, confused.

“Princess?”
    It worked... and it was easier this time. The knight sounded familiar..

"Well met, Sir... Lansis," she said, remembering the knight's name after a second. "I know you are disoriented, but please focus and prepare to defend me from any who would approach. I intend to free all those in this group that wish it."

Now knowing that Hozon could be used in tandem with her Null-magic field, she could perhaps do a wide-range... purification, so to speak. It wouldn't be easy, by any means, but would be possible. Fortunately, it seemed that the others were distracted... by Seri. Using that absurd 'stic-ki' technique of hers, of all things.

Surprisingly effective, considering how silly it was.

Spreading her hands, she focused her magical energy and hozon, weaving them together into enhanced Null Magic Field. After a moment, the field expanded in all directions, dying a fair portion of the battlefield in monochrome. This would certainly be more taxing than freeing them one-by-one, but it would ultimately be quicker than the one-by-one method. The method was the same--the field would push back the corruption, and the hozon would preserve the knight's true self against re-corruption, for a time.

——

Seri, several of the knights are now sticky and pissed. Several fire off attacks at her.
    Seri had totally expected this, and she was ready to show off her dodging skills. The attacks were fast and strong, but all coming from one direction. What followed was a "graceful" "dance" of "expert" "dodging" "skills"....

Okay, so she hasn't really practiced enough to make her dodging look cool, but hey, at least she wasn't getting hit! For now, anyway.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 09-13-2020 at 12:34 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

A moment, then Inanna’s ankles were grabbed, the invisible force attempts to pull and then smash her down into the ground via her ankles.
    Gotcha.

As Inanna is pulled down, she releases the energy she'd gathered in her hands; which causes a massive explosion that again envelops her.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Auroc is watching his knights battle the rest, head to the side as he still burns a bit from Neva’s attack.
    Sasheem immediately uses Spider's Blessing to conceal his presence as he enters Katchin Mode. Using his Mamba Boost for a burst of speed as he flew, hurtling towards the older Majin...or whatever he was at this point and a shoots a ki blast from his feet to further boost himself upward, extending his arm to connect with Auroc with his Meteor Clothesline.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat whips her tongue behind her like a whip at the several bronze knights charging at her from behind. While swiftly turning around to face them.
    Two duck, one gets slapped in the face.

The two charge and swing their weapons at Praxat.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Kakarot nods, then splits the energy into each hand, then flings the two orbs at Parsley.
    She wasn't expecting that. Her entire strategy hinged on him firing a beam; two energy blasts hurtling her way threw a spanner into everything. Okay, I can still work with this. Sarada's training was thinking quickly on her feet and outside the box, but that didn't mean Parsley couldn't do the same.

She quickly launched herself upward to avoid the two blasts. Her previous spell was no good, so she quickly started thinking on a new one. She had one in mind, but it was more complicated, and thus would need more time. Time she didn't think she was going to get. Not to mention she hadn't done anything like that, either. Damn it! Wait, I think I got it.

To buy herself some time to get ready, she quickly cupped her hands together.

Perfect Intuition

"KA...ME...HA...ME...HAAAAA!!"

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sir Lansis nods, and blocks several knights from getting at her.

For a moment, as she unleashes her Omni-directional bull field to halt and revert the taint, Neva finds an equal force pressing against her attack.

Somewhere, the Maven is countering her attack.

However, at that moment the Calvary arrives and Sir Luop appears, leading the charge to fend off the enemy knights.

Sir Nei K’lot, Lord of the Golden Knights and High Commander of the Queensguard. His roar of challenge shakes the room and seven silver knights all get blown back by his mere presence.

Lady Captain Siew, Golden Knight and Master of the Archer Corp, flora around the fringes, energy arrows disabling knights and priestess in hidden alcoves all over.

Sir Noomh Teba Zile, Lord of the Silver Knights and Royal Honorguard, charges up and kicks away two silver knights that almost made it passed Lansis. The two nod and go to either side of Neva, defending her.

Sir Attol Lop, Silver Knight of the Spear slides in, graceful and precise. He goes after those Siew doesn’t target, working in tandem and bringing down hidden priestess with his extending spear.

Sir Nomis, Silver Knight and Sir Luop Nosrenda, Bronze Knight, charge in with three other Silver Knights, four other Bronze Knights, and four priestesses that had been freed and go to town, clearing out the rest on the fringes, war cries loud and ringing.

Anula, the Priestess, is there alongside two Noble Threshlings as well, magic cracking and slamming about, helping free those tainted whom the others had taken down.

With the new help, Seri is no longer being blasted at as her attackers get taken down.

Voyavad’s attacker , distracted by the sudden rush of allies, gets struck hard by the Nevadian’s blow.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Gotcha.

As Inanna is pulled down, she releases the energy she'd gathered in her hands; which causes a massive explosion that again envelops her.
    When the explosion dies down, she’s cratered part of the temple and can see now that their Threshling allies have joined the fight.

She also sees that Auroc is now targeting her. A black sludge fist slams into her face and sends her flying through a temple wall and out into the city below.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem immediately uses Spider's Blessing to conceal his presence as he enters Katchin Mode. Using his Mamba Boost for a burst of speed as he flew, hurtling towards the older Majin...or whatever he was at this point and a shoots a ki blast from his feet to further boost himself upward, extending his arm to connect with Auroc with his Meteor Clothesline.
    Just as Auroc finished his punch at Inanna, Sasheem arrives and punches him in turn.

Literally sending Auroc through the temple roof and into the air far above.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She wasn't expecting that. Her entire strategy hinged on him firing a beam; two energy blasts hurtling her way threw a spanner into everything. Okay, I can still work with this. Sarada's training was thinking quickly on her feet and outside the box, but that didn't mean Parsley couldn't do the same.

She quickly launched herself upward to avoid the two blasts. Her previous spell was no good, so she quickly started thinking on a new one. She had one in mind, but it was more complicated, and thus would need more time. Time she didn't think she was going to get. Not to mention she hadn't done anything like that, either. Damn it! Wait, I think I got it.

To buy herself some time to get ready, she quickly cupped her hands together.

Perfect Intuition

"KA...ME...HA...ME...HAAAAA!!"

Kakarot flies towards and straight into the beam, unaffected as he moves staring to at her through it.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

When the explosion dies down, she’s cratered part of the temple and can see now that their Threshling allies have joined the fight.

She also sees that Auroc is now targeting her. A black sludge fist slams into her face and sends her flying through a temple wall and out into the city below.
    Oh bother.

Hitting the ground running Inanna, picks herself up and begins weaving her way through the city; her target not so much Auroc as the overhead network of magic. "Took you long enough, not satisfied with being ignored?" Her goal there was simple, drain it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Just as Auroc finished his punch at Inanna, Sasheem arrives and punches him in turn.

Literally sending Auroc through the temple roof and into the air far above.
    Sasheem dashes after him Mamba Boosting again and combining it with another Meteor Clothesline in an attempt to knock him back even further. Preferably into something painful.