Page 604 of 631 FirstFirst ... 104504554594600601602603604605606607608614 ... LastLast
Results 9,046 to 9,060 of 9460
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That's a gorgeous diaorama. I thought Bowen went out of business? Is he still doing statues?

Yes, I believe she was resurrected in Chaos War a few years ago ... has it been 8 years?!! Pak and Van Lente revamped her for their Alpha Flight run and turned her into sort of an angry young teenager.

He went thru a difficult divorce around the same time Marvel was brought by Disney so I think his license lapsed and his business went into extended hiatus. I'm not sure but I think he has been working for other companies like Sideshow. For sure he didn't go out of business. His work is one of the most sought after and he is regarded as a pioneer in the business. There is also a lot of fans still waiting for him to resume production but I think the long period of inactivity has to do with his divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I did not even know she was back? SO we Have Namora, Namorita, and Marrina back from the dead and (other than Namor and Namora interacting a bit these last few years on and off) we basically have zero contact with them and Namor. I just feel like we should get all the sub-mariner characters together for once. Abria hasn't been seen in so long but Andromeda is basically the only side character who seems to constantly be around even though we only get a few panels of her here and there. It would be nice to see them all together and to see what happened to Vasthi. I also really wish they could resurrect Dorma for good this time.

Having Namor and Marrina at least meet so he could see she was alive would be good. I mean he had to kill her twice and was pretty upset about that. It wouldn't kill Marvel to have to meet even if nothing was going to come out of it.
    I'd have like to have seen Namor and Namora reunite with Namorita.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Who came off anti-human, ya while I get the hey a new set on life let's make some changes that felt a little weird
    Yes, that too. I remember thinking she was acting / speaking more like Golden Age Namor than Marrina. I agree, it was kind of weird, because IIRC, her new personality was explained. But to be honest, I do prefer the resurrected Marrina, over the original.

Of course, we haven't seen much of her since that run of Alpha Flight.

I did not even know she was back? SO we Have Namora, Namorita, and Marrina back from the dead and (other than Namor and Namora interacting a bit these last few years on and off) we basically have zero contact with them and Namor. I just feel like we should get all the sub-mariner characters together for once. Abria hasn't been seen in so long but Andromeda is basically the only side character who seems to constantly be around even though we only get a few panels of her here and there. It would be nice to see them all together and to see what happened to Vasthi. I also really wish they could resurrect Dorma for good this time.

Having Namor and Marrina at least meet so he could see she was alive would be good. I mean he had to kill her twice and was pretty upset about that. It wouldn't kill Marvel to have to meet even if nothing was going to come out of it.
    Yes. Namorita and Marrina, who Namor undoubtedly loves, have NOT interacted at all, on panel since their return YEARS ago. I don't think Namora and revived Namorita have interacted either on panel.

And yes, we should see all these characters on panel and interacting with Namor and taking care of business in Atlantis. THREE Sub-Mariners, an above human strength Tamara, an above human strength Marrina, the 'witch' Abira, the mutant disintegrater Loa, as well as Andromeda. That's a far more powerful team than Aaron's Defenders of the Deep, especially if you add Stingray, which a normal Namor, could have probably talked onto the team if they were going to actually defend, and not attack, the oceans.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I'd have like to have seen Namor and Namora reunite with Namorita.
    I agree 100%!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    He went thru a difficult divorce around the same time Marvel was brought by Disney so I think his license lapsed and his business went into extended hiatus. I'm not sure but I think he has been working for other companies like Sideshow. For sure he didn't go out of business. His work is one of the most sought after and he is regarded as a pioneer in the business. There is also a lot of fans still waiting for him to resume production but I think the long period of inactivity has to do with his divorce.
    I didn't know that. A double whammy of personal and business misfortune. He is definitely a talented guy who started the high quality comic character sculpts. I hope he gets things up and running again.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Collider held a screening of Avengers Infinity War, I'm guessing in LA. And the Russo Brothers had a Q and A afterwards. One of the questions was were they thru with superhero movies, and one of them answered, "Unless Marvel is going to make Secret Wars."

Some people are taking that to mean Hickman's Secret Wars, which is probably correct, since they did use Hickman's Black Order and they expressed interest in Namor. I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

Knowing Marvel, they'll probably just use a Namor like character and call him Attuma.

I couldn't hear exactly what said but here's the video link.

https://twitter.com/collectsideshow/...14150478114816

I've been thinking a bit about my previous post concerning all the underwater characters we are not seeing. In some ways, it is similar to the problem there is with the 3 Human Torches. Fans don't see them as similar, but editorial and people not aware of the characters history tend to do so.

So, what roles would like to see them take on? On what books? Because, while I do want to see Namor interact with his known cast, that's like 7 or 8 women, a good portion of them with similar abilities.

While Namorita doesn't quite fit the 'teen' hero anymore, I think she should still be on a young person's team, instead of stuck holding down the fort while Namor has adventures. And more than anyone else, except Loa, Namorita had a life on the surface world. She was going to college at one point and was on New Warriors.

Loa is the teen character now. And she also serves as the 'every person' PoV into the exotic world of Atlantis. There's real potential for her in a Namor series if based underwater.

I'm not sure I understand the popularity of Andromeda with Aaron and Hickman. She's a bit after my childhood reading favorites. But she does have an intriguing background, being Attuma (the real one's) daughter. And I tend to think of her more as a warrior / Warlord type.

Tamara and Namora and Marrina, however ... I have to think more on them.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-30-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I've been thinking a bit about my previous post concerning all the underwater characters we are not seeing. In some ways, it is similar to the problem there is with the 3 Human Torches. Fans don't see them as similar, but editorial and people not aware of the characters history tend to do so.

So, what roles would like to see them take on? On what books? Because, while I do want to see Namor interact with his known cast, that's like 7 or 8 women, a good portion of them with similar abilities.

While Namorita doesn't quite fit the 'teen' hero anymore, I think she should still be on a young person's team, instead of stuck holding down the fort while Namor has adventures. And more than anyone else, except Loa, Namorita had a life on the surface world. She was going to college at one point and was on New Warriors.

Loa is the teen character now. And she also serves as the 'every person' PoV into the exotic world of Atlantis. There's real potential for her in a Namor series if based underwater.

I'm not sure I understand the popularity of Andromeda with Aaron and Hickman. She's a bit after childhood reading favorites. But she does have an intriguing background, being Attuma (the real one's) daughter. And I tend to think of her more as a warrior / Warlord type.

Tamara and Namora and Marrina, however ... I have to think more on them.
    I don't think all of them should be in different places. I don't even think all of them should be in Namor book at one time.

If anything...If I was in charge I would have Namora or Namorita take residence as Namor's second. Whichever would rule in any of Namor's absences, pursuing Namor will. The other one would be shelved until Namor began to take off or until a solid enough story comes about that they can be used.

Loa would work directly with Namor. A Robin to reign in Batman if you will. She would also sever on the Champion's team(if it survives from being cancelled.) I would also tweak Loa's powers a bit so she isn't as useless to Namor.

Marrina would take refuge in Atlantis. She would be responsible for the reconstruction and revitalization of Atlantis. There after she would be in charge of Outreaches to help Atlantean's and the Ocean in general. I would have Namor place her on his Royal Council and thereby hopefully making her a permanent supporting cast Member.

Namor himself would have his own book with Loa. Themed mostly around stopping disasters around the world caused by villains and the environment a like. The book would have a heavy theme on environmental issues. I would write in away that it was in your face but had an underlying tone. Namors in charge of the worlds oceans, he has every reason to show anywhere water touches. With his powerset and previous technology he can literally do so. Time to STOP putting him in a box. Namor would also serve on the Avengers or Defenders (preferably Avengers) for no less then two years.

And that's it. Most of the other characters are either so long gone out of people's heads no one will miss them or redundant in role or powers.

If I had to use one more I would pick Andromeda. She would be used as a general or something. But that's it.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-29-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-29-2018 at 06:14 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Holy Cow!!!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I'm living for expanding the world building of Atlantis but I fear that this is another New Avengers Cabal, where Namor goes to Thanos and then can't control the team he is on. I hope this isn't the case and that the issue is really good. Still less than a week till the comic is out!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Well, I like that it is based in Atlantis and the seas. So far is looking good even though Namor doesn't looks nothing like Namor. Seems that the eyes just got changed by the creative team or the editor (since it started in Avengers) and doesn't even has to do with the story.

First, thank you Tony Stark and Lord Ultimus and DragonsChi for the heads up on this long awaited preview.

Now that I've calmed down, read it a few times, and thought about it, some comments.

I'm living for expanding the world building of Atlantis but I fear that this is another New Avengers Cabal, where Namor goes to Thanos and then can't control the team he is on. I hope this isn't the case and that the issue is really good. Still less than a week till the comic is out!
    I didn't even think about that. I guess I don't think anyone Namor has gathered so far as is all that overpowered. Whereas, with the Hickman Cabal, Thanos alone was far too much for any single hero.

I LOVE the world building on Atlantis! Magno's art is amazing and I love all the details, the architecture and how he takes advantage of all the cool flora and fauna of the oceans. His Atlantean ship is one of the most intriguing designs we've seen, and one that restores the Atlantean tech. I'm reminded of Dorma's ship in Hulk #118, but this is even cooler.

On the negative side ... WHO are these people? Are we getting yet another slate of new Atlanteans, while the more familiar cast is again ignored. The council should have been Vashti, Tamara or Namora or Abira, and Warlord Krang. Those are the archetypes we're seeing here, and Namor has the cast for them. And it would give a role to some of those ladies I mentioned earlier.

Machan the Consigliere??? His _friend_ ??? That guy is shifty. What 'threat' is it that he and Namor knows about but the Atlanteans don't? Right. Like are those squires deaf? I don't think so. I do like them armoring up Namor. And I do like Namor having a 'chief of staff' or confidant of sorts, but previously that's been VASHTI, or Lady Dorma.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Well, I like that it is based in Atlantis and the seas. So far is looking good even though Namor doesn't looks nothing like Namor. Seems that the eyes just got changed by the creative team or the editor (since it started in Avengers) and doesn't even has to do with the story.
    I agree. I'm so happy to see this issue taking place in the Atlantis. But, again, on the negative side, I think Carlo Magno needs to tighten up his drawings of Namor, at least in the smaller panels, where he's trying to do a full body Namor. He's kind of stocky and in some places even lumpy. I know you don't want care for Namor slimmed down, Thor-El, but I think that would help. Or at least give him more of the triangular, muscled body type, as exemplified by the great John Buscema.

Now on the close-up, head shot panels, like when he's following the jellyfish or that last panel, where Machan is talking about Atlantean revolt, I think Magno does a nice job, even if he doesn't make him David Marquez or Marco Checcetto pretty.

As for the eyes -- I still think that's a sign of what's wrong with Namor. Hopefully to be revealed in the near future.

Love your new avatar, Thor-El!