Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    Hard lighting.
    I meant lines. Her calling Istanbul Constantantanoble. He talking about Brams like they were old friends. Her remembering the island.of.manhattan before the Dutch settled there.

I have no issues with the Netflix shows having no direct contact with the MCU films and happy with the little nods and I also get why the MCU films don't mention them given a portion of the film audience don't watch the TV shows. But unless I missed it I'm surprised there was never any mention with especially Luke a publicly known superhuman of the Sokovia Accords.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I have no issues with the Netflix shows having no direct contact with the MCU films and happy with the little nods and I also get why the MCU films don't mention them given a portion of the film audience don't watch the TV shows. But unless I missed it I'm surprised there was never any mention with especially Luke a publicly known superhuman of the Sokovia Accords.
    Yeah that is odd. Jessica too considering the end of her series. I personally have a problem with it. I hate that they don't intermingle

still dodging spoilers since I haven't seen episode 4 yet, but I fucking love this series. That's about as a coherent as I can put it right now. Most of my comments during the final fight were squee **** yes and variations therein.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The Sokovia Accords in CA: Civil War only apply to superheroes operating internationally.

Rather enjoyed the first four epiosdes.

highlights

spoilers:
    Luke vs Danny in episode 2 was fantastic.

The fact they immediately cut the bullshit and had Claire set them up for a meeting in episode 3.

Stick being stick.

the brief cool down, running gags about Matt's stolen scarf.

Luke/Danny's partnership (hey if you want to combine Luke season 2 and Danny season 2 into Powerman/Ironfist I'm cool.

Sigourney Weaver just in general. One of my favorite actresses and I wish to see more

Also I got to say Iron Fist is sooooooo much better with a capable fight choreographer. The first 2 minutes of Defenders might have had a better fight scene than all of Iron Fist.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

It sounds mean, but I could watch a show about Jessica Jones taking the piss out of Danny Rand for hours. Watching her interact with him has taught me that he really needs a funny mean girl in his show who can't be bothered with any of his craziness.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

This show is kind of a mess. Credit to the actors though, they did a great job with such weak writing.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Ep1- meh, i guess they have to reintroduce the characters but the only interesting thing was, like always with netflix, was the bad guys.

Ep-2 What is up with the dutch angles, the over-the-shoulder-blocking-most-of-the-screen shot, and spinning panning shots? They are being over used to freaking hell. Are these being directed by one person or did some one lay down some stupid rules.

The DD story is boring, IF has really nothing going on, but somehow the JJ and Luke actually had something going. And i say somehow cause their shows were tremendously slow.

And doe Gao seem like a lackey? She better be playing Ripley.

Ep-3 why didnt stick just cut off the chains? That better come up as some plot element in the future cause it was dumb.

Corporate Danny is stupid and needs to stop, also, the fist randomly turning on needs to stop.

Im surprised that they meet by this ep. With these shows dragging stuff out i thought this was going to happen way later.

Again, the villains are more interesting.
    Last edited by Sighphi; 08-19-2017 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    This show is kind of a mess. Credit to the actors though, they did a great job with such weak writing.
    Agreed 100%. Just finished episode 5 and the writing is very unimpressive. I enjoy seeing the gang interact but the story this far is incredibly weak and just an exercise in watching actors make the best out of mediocre writing.

Four episodes in. It's nice. It's not wowing me. But it's entertaining.

-Danny is hilarious interacting with others. He's improved a lot from his series.
    -I'm not a fan of Matt quitting as Daredevil. Although, Charlie Cox is awesome. Everything is better when he's around.
    -Now, the slow pacing is really bothering me. I get that it's pretty much the style of Netflix MCU. But it's getting a bit tiring now. I really wish all the four had met in the very first episode.
    -Fights are nice. But still not as good as DD S1 & 2.
    -I like that Danny is the only one down with the team idea and superheroics. It's like he's the only one who understands that "yo. this is still a superhero show."

ok so Ep1 had a cool start but the rest was full of pointless dialogue why do all the netflix marvel shows have to be long and drawn out? if you cant fill up the time just do a 30 min show i'm serious all of ep 1 could have been cut down to 30 minutes or less. however i did like the parts with Alexandra Reid and Madame Gao.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    ok so Ep1 had a cool start but the rest was full of pointless dialogue why do all the netflix marvel shows have to be long and drawn out? if you cant fill up the time just do a 30 min show i'm serious all of ep 1 could have been cut down to 30 minutes or less. however i did like the parts with Alexandra Reid and Madame Gao.
    This. I really thought that with it being only 8 episodes, all the four will come together in the very first episode. But it doesn't happen until episode 3. I don't know why Netflix MCU does this. I understand it's kind of their style, but it's getting tiring.

I disagree with the complaints about the pacing. I thought it was fine, they managed to put the characters together in a kind of organic way without feeling forced, an on a way everyone has something to do with the plot somehow. It works better if you're binge-watching, which is what I think they had in mind when writing it.The writing it's not as thight as DD season 1, but it's on the same level of the rest for me(well, better than IF, but that's a given).

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I disagree with the complaints about the pacing. I thought it was fine, they managed to put the characters together in a kind of organic way without feeling forced, an on a way everyone has something to do with the plot somehow. It works better if you're binge-watching, which is what I think they had in mind when writing it.The writing it's not as thight as DD season 1, but it's on the same level of the rest for me(well, better than IF, but that's a given).
    Well, to me it felt forced that none of the four met each other in the first episode. Felt like the show was making excuses to keep them apart.