Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I need to get in touch with Warner man... cause I know exactly what they need to do to save the Cavill Superman. I just wish those guys could find a way to contact me.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Quote Originally Posted by DCStu View Post
    I need to get in touch with Warner man... cause I know exactly what they need to do to save the Cavill Superman. I just wish those guys could find a way to contact me.
    Lmao Busiek basically said the same thing. WB seems to be breaking down the barriers between the different sub groups, so they really should be asking the comic writers if they don’t know what to do with characters.

I don't think MBJ really wants to be Superman.

Oh and WB are the worst sometimes, especially when it comes to everything DC. They deserves all the sh!t they get sometimes for their failures. Seriously, go read the comics and hire all the successful Superman writers and create the best story for a new movie. It's not hard at all. Ugh!

Personally, I don't want this kind of change for Superman. It would not feel like him to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Since there are rumors of WB wanting to be a bit more experimental with their superhero stuff, maybe they can do a Calvin Ellis movie.

At least, it'll be completely different from what we've seen before.

Agreed. Spider Verse kinda set the stage for alternate universe expression and how successful it can be. So Calvin Ellis isn't much of a stretch at all. There's also Val Zod in case they wanted to do a different figure entirely. Either way, MJB is one of the biggest stars in Hollywood. But this has confirmed my suspicion that DC doesn't have any major plans for Superman for a long time. Makes sense, they want the population to ultimately forget about their current running.

2023 is his 85th anniversary so makes sense that that seems to be the year they’ll give it another go. Unless Cavill manages to somehow get back in with The Rock’s help.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Since there are rumors of WB wanting to be a bit more experimental with their superhero stuff, maybe they can do a Calvin Ellis movie.

At least, it'll be completely different from what we've seen before.
    Would it be Black Label or just an Elseworlds thing?

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Agreed. Spider Verse kinda set the stage for alternate universe expression and how successful it can be. So Calvin Ellis isn't much of a stretch at all. There's also Val Zod in case they wanted to do a different figure entirely. Either way, MJB is one of the biggest stars in Hollywood. But this has confirmed my suspicion that DC doesn't have any major plans for Superman for a long time. Makes sense, they want the population to ultimately forget about their current running.
    Spider-Verse is kind of a whole different beast altogether in my opinion.

As far as "major plans..." well, WB might not have immediate cinematic plans but there are a lot of other major Superman productions in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    2023 is his 85th anniversary so makes sense that that seems to be the year they’ll give it another go. Unless Cavill manages to somehow get back in with The Rock’s help.
    Or the Supergirl movie happens.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would it be Black Label or just an Elseworlds thing?

Spider-Verse is kind of a whole different beast altogether in my opinion.

As far as "major plans..." well, WB might not have immediate cinematic plans but there are a lot of other major Superman productions in the works.

Or the Supergirl movie happens.

Spider Verse was just used as an example, Far From Home being another example of multiverse content being indicated in cinematic fashion and be considered a success. Ultimately, the point is that multiverse content has already been proven to be successful so that particular fear of introducing a different type of superman should be reduced.

There's one lesson from Into the Spider-verse that I wish WB would learn: people like animated movies. Make a damn animated Superman movie for the big screen.

Spider Verse was just used as an example, Far From Home being another example of multiverse content being indicated in cinematic fashion and be considered a success. Ultimately, the point is that multiverse content has already been proven to be successful so that particular fear of introducing a different type of superman should be reduced.
    That was all fake though. There was no actual multiverse in Far From Home.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    There's one lesson from Into the Spider-verse that I wish WB would learn: people like animated movies. Make a damn animated Superman movie for the big screen.
    We are getting two direct-to-DVD films next year focused on Superman .

Probably not what you are looking for, but I'm sure Krypto will be front-and-center in the Super Pets film.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I don't think MBJ really wants to be Superman.

Oh and WB are the worst sometimes, especially when it comes to everything DC. They deserves all the sh!t they get sometimes for their failures. Seriously, go read the comics and hire all the successful Superman writers and create the best story for a new movie. It's not hard at all. Ugh!

Personally, I don't want this kind of change for Superman. It would not feel like him to me.
    All of that.

WB doing a RL actor "Superman into the Multiverse" and meeting MBJ Calvin Ellis whom the movie will be based around would be something I'd watch. Most likely at least.

Astonishing Member

That was all fake though. There was no actual multiverse in Far From Home.
    Oh no doubt, but that's not the point. The point is movies and television shows like the CW are indicating multiverse concepts that hasn't cause any problems or issues. As such, the fear of Calvin Ellis or Val Zod being a problem to introduced isn't a problem anymore.

Oh no doubt, but that's not the point. The point is movies and television shows like the CW are indicating multiverse concepts that hasn't cause any problems or issues. As such, the fear of Calvin Ellis or Val Zod being a problem to introduced isn't a problem anymore.
    It's funny you say that when the CW shows are about to do Crisis on Infinite Earths, which will probably condense all the Earths into one and undo the Multiverse .

Astonishing Member

It's funny you say that when the CW shows are about to do Crisis on Infinite Earths, which will probably condense all the Earths into one and undo the Multiverse .
    And here you go again with the debating. None of that means anything regarding the original point I made.

We are getting two direct-to-DVD films next year focused on Superman .

Probably not what you are looking for, but I'm sure Krypto will be front-and-center in the Super Pets film.
    I'll always watch the DTV movies, but I'm ready for a big, big budget production. I might even be okay with a 3D-CGI movie even though I'd rather standard 2D. I just want WB to try.

One thing that the Arrowverse Multiverse hasn't really done (outside of Crisis on Earth X and Flash) is the multiple versions of the various characters. It's mainly been used to sequester the various shows in their own little pockets. Flash is really the only show that stands to lose anything from the merger storytelling wise.