Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Hey where's Pixie you silly buggers!.

Anyways, I'm loving the idea of this, I'll check it out. Doyle the Pumpkin is looking cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Hey where's Pixie you silly buggers!
    There's a purple fairy girl in sitting in the front there, I guess they'd rather use her in this new class than Pixie

BANNED

Eh, this seems like a good idea being introduced at the wrong time. I say that Marvel is over a decade too late if they want to cash-in on the Harry Potter zeitgeist.

Since Hellstrom is going to be a guest teacher should his daughter Demona transfer over from Doctor Doom's school to Strange Academy?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Since Hellstrom is going to be a guest teacher should his daughter Demona transfer over from Doctor Doom's school to Strange Academy?

Daimon having a daughter who looks like she's on her mid to late teens is such a weird, random plot point that I still don't get, specially considering it went nowhere after this book. Like, where the heck did she come from? There was zero explanation as to why she was there. And it's like she's never existed ever since, even though Daimon has appeared in quite a few books. I mean, I'm not against her coming back, but hopefully they manage to find an actual purpose for her if she is ever brought back, 'cause it doesn't look like much thought was put at all into her creation.

>Infinity Hunt
    >Thought

pick one

That is the one book I will mercilessly bully forever.

How long did Gotham Academy go for?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Well look, a whole new batch of teens to get killed off in some event to show how 'evil and powerful' the villain/threat is.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Marvel equivalent to Mystik U?
    I read this as Marvel's equivalent of Harry Potter coming 15 years too late

Well if you read the forbes post this is no surprise. This looks like something that could be a hit with young teen readers. DC is making these books also. If wrote good this could be a hit.

Also how can you have a marvel magic school book but no wally the wizard?
    Last edited by Gaastra; 12-05-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Well if you read the forbes post this is no surprise. This looks like something that could be a hit with young teen readers. DC is making these books also. If wrote good this could be a hit.

Also how can you have a marvel magic school book but no wally the wizard?
    Yeah, if they can package this right (in terms of format/price/accessibility) and place in the young adult book trade (which is a growth market) rather than the direct market (which is a shrinking market in the grasp of entropy), it could catch on and gain a pretty big readership, but if they focus on periodical singles sold in the direct makret, this book will die on the vine as that market is resistant to new characters and new concepts for the most part, as we have seen play out time and time again over the last decade and a half. They can't capture the audience this looks to be geared towards by selling in the niche shops of the direct market in a format (single periodicals) that no one outside the hardcore fans of the direct market wants.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I’m in.

Sure, it might not make it to 10 issues but if I let that affect my thinking I’d never try new books.

I’m 50/50 on Young, loved his Rocket Racoon but was underwhelmed by Deadpool. I hear his Image work is good though so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I've known Doyle Dormammu for less than three hours and haven't heard a word out of his mouth, but if anything happens to him I will destroy the entire comics industry myself.
    Oh, Doyle rules!

-Pav, whose interest depends largely on the book's connection to Weirdworld and the possible Son of Crystar there...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I would like to see some of the Spellbinders characters crossover for an issue or two.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Spellbinders_(Earth-616)

I love hooves and horns girl already. How did magic get restored again? I haven’t been following Dr Strange for a long time no Wonder?

Guess this is the next best thing to Skottie Young getting to do that New X-Men book he wanted. Perseverance does pay off!

That said, I'm going to give this a miss. Young's writing has generally been middling to not great so far as story goes (both at Marvel and on his creator-owned work), he's not so good at maintaining established characterization, and I've learned not to get attached to teen characters. Plus Ramos' art doesn't do a lot for me.