Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Marauders remains my jam. This was my favourite installment in the series thus far. Adore the characterization of the Shaw's and their interactions with each other. I love the Hellfire politics and hope to see much more of it contributing to the overall premise of the series. Pirating hijinks with Kate & co. are fun and all, but on its own it's very base. All of the players in this grand game of Krakoan chess is the pull for me.

With Christian & Shinobi being Captains of their own ships, I wonder who will be selected as their crew. And will the Red Bishop get their own boat? What about the knights? I'd love to see Emma & Christian employing Hellion, Mercury, Shark Girl, Shatterstar, Avalanche & Alchemy. Shaw & Shinobi recruiting Empath, Lady Mastermind, Skein & Daken. And Callisto with a crew of Marrow, Random, Abyss & Litterbug.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I thought keeping his red clothes implied he was going to somehow strip Kitty of her Red Queen status and make his son Red King. Or at least that's part of his plans.
    That was my impression too. He wants to wrestle away control from Kate and/or Emma, and plant his chosen disciples in their place. I'd expect more of his former allies to be pulled into the fold as the series progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Sebastian, despite being a manipulative tool, still looked very sad/vengeful when being reminded of his son’s death.
    Sometimes even the worst of us are capable of feeling base human emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Kate begging Bishop to become her Red Bishop didn’t work for me. Would be one thing if she was recruiting her close ones likes Iceman and Storm but the only times she ever interacted with Bishop, they were unpleasant.
    I enjoyed the context of that conversation they had, but I found it surprising too. He's not a character I'd expect Kate to contact. I would have thought Bobby, Illyana, Rachel & Kurt would be her first choices. Though perhaps one of them will be her Red Knight instead.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Hi! How exactly did Shinobi die?

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    Phased his hand into his head to spite Emma.

Great issue. I was never a fan of Shinobi Shaw, but his dad has been one of my favorite villians for a long time.

I think they should get Kate and Bishop together as a couple. It would be a little odd at first, but I think it might make sense. He may be able to help her put the bottle down, then they can start getting matching tattoos. I am going to start to ship "Katship". It would help both characters grow, and if he does become the Red King (if the apparent schemes of Sabastian Shaw fail), they would be the royal family of Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Phased his hand into his head to spite Emma.
    Along that line...

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Shinobi’s death confused me because Marvel Unlimited isn’t up to that yet.

there's a lot of synchronicity in the current Hellfire Club. they have two telepaths (Emma and Christian). they have two mutants with intangibility powers (Kate and Shinobi). and, if Lucas joins, they have two energy absorbers.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I cant wait for the ninja ghost fight between Shinobi and Kate.
    who even taught Shinobi to fight? he mostly lounged around as a member of the Upstarts. it's not like the japanese are born with that knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post

Sometimes even the worst of us are capable of feeling base human emotion.
    that's the charitable take. personally, i think Sebastian was ashamed of Shinobi taking his own life. it's embarrassing to him because his personal motto is whatever doesn't kill him makes him stronger. this is his way of preserving the Shaw name.

I was just about to start posting questions on Shinobi Shaw and his death but everything was answered here. Some of this stuff can be confusing as hell for people who haven’t followed the Xverse for a long time. Loved the issue though and it was well written. I’ve gotten hooked on Emma during this series so would have loved for an appearance from here but seriously this is arguably the best DOX title. I still feel Xforce inches it out but Marauders is just a complete blast to read right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    who even taught Shinobi to fight? he mostly lounged around as a member of the Upstarts. it's not like the japanese are born with that knowledge.
    Counterpoint: Spiral giving Betsy Japanese features instantly gave her elite hand-to-hand combat abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Counterpoint: Spiral giving Betsy Japanese features instantly gave her elite hand-to-hand combat abilities.
    i just assumed that the Mandarin did that with his rings or something. i gotta say though that i never read Psylocke with a british accent. i got into x-books at a weird time. it was right around when she started seducing Scott Summers. so my exposure was to asian Psylocke before the original lavendar caped armor version who was lousy at defending herself. they felt like separate characters. and i treated them as such.

BANNED

i just assumed that the Mandarin did that with his rings or something. i gotta say though that i never read Psylocke with a british accent. i got into x-books at a weird time. it was right around when she started seducing Scott Summers. so my exposure was to asian Psylocke before the original lavendar caped armor version who was lousy at defending herself. they felt like separate characters. and i treated them as such.
    To be fair, they were written as separate characters for a long time. Even Claremont wrote Asian Psylocke as a completely different character.

Canonically, she retained her British accent. To be fair, she likely was able to change it when working for the Hand, as she was speaking Japanese then but her default voice when in English, is the British accent

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Canonically, she retained her British accent. To be fair, she likely was able to change it when working for the Hand, as she was speaking Japanese then but her default voice when in English, is the British accent
    That dialogue is offensive on so many level, good grief…
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."