Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1218

Emma Frost realized this wasn't going to be a simple fight. All these Spiders and the traitors, with Mysterio?

She came up with a plan, calling out to the one real Spider.

"Spider-Man!" Emma yelled. "Could you swing me up as high as possible, right now?!"

Spider-Man seemed surprised by her request, but immediately obliged.

Emma was nervous from both Spider-Man's jokes and the sudden ascension, but she looked down and took note of the location of the enemies, especially the traitors and Mysterio behind the walls of Spider Men.

She then reached out to Cyclops, telepathically.

"Scott! I'm giving you a visual image of the enemy formation. I'm sure you can work it out to our advantage"

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Frost View Post
    Emma Frost realized this wasn't going to be a simple fight. All these Spiders and the traitors, with Mysterio?

"Spider-Man!" Emma yelled. "Could you swing me up as high as possible, right now?!"

"One Spider-elevator coming right up!"
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    It WAS Zoom, my second guess. Should've been my first, but enough errors. Without turning to Diavolo, I simply told him "I was wrong, but let's focus on the targets at hand. Can your Stand take multiple targets?" I ask, firing at the oncoming Spider-Men with a wide angle optic blast
    By the time Cyclops opened his mouth to speak, one Spider-man in particular suddenly sported a fist-sized hole through his chest. Before he could begin his drop to the floor, another chose to follow the first's morbid fashion statement.

"I have no need for tactics." Diavolo finally replied, smiling at his handiwork. "I can attend to each of my foes personally before the others can even perceive the threat."

Both corpses stopped, only to be flung away into another group of the cloned arachnids.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    By the time Cyclops opened his mouth to speak, one Spider-man in particular suddenly sported a fist-sized hole through his chest. Before he could begin his drop to the floor, another chose to follow the first's morbid fashion statement.

"I have no need for tactics." Diavolo finally replied, smiling at his handiwork. "I can attend to each of my foes personally before the others can even perceive the threat."

Both corpses stopped, only to be flung away into another group of the cloned arachnids.
    Effective, decisive and deadly. "Good enough for me" I'd tell Diavolo, then I heard Emma's voice in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post

Emma was nervous from both Spider-Man's jokes and the sudden ascension, but she looked down and took note of the location of the enemies, especially the traitors and Mysterio behind the walls of Spider Men.

She then reached out to Cyclops, telepathically.

"Scott! I'm giving you a visual image of the enemy formation. I'm sure you can work it out to our advantage"
    Got it Emma! I'd reply, taking in the visual. I then remembered a very large ace in the hole we had. Prioritizing, the Traitors were not an immediate threat, the Spider-Men and Mysterio were. He was a master illusionist but these Spider-Men were very real, and being in Limbo pulled from anywhere. I then came up with a plan. Trusting my innate sense of spatial geometry and years of Danger Room practice, I figured out what exact angles I'd need to hit to cut through a swath of Spider-Men and make a beeline toward Mysterio. My optic blast also made a bright enough show as all the angles added up and formed the letter G, for Godzilla.

"Gohan! That Kamehameha wave, can you move it after it's blasted? If so, fly high and aim for Mysterio!" I'd tell him

"Emma, could you try alerting Godzilla? I think my stunt will catch his attention and with him at the forefront we should be able to cut through all of these Spider-Men. You and Johnny distract the Traitors if need be, though I think Evinlea can more than handle the three of them. If you can, connect me to everybody so we can alert them to move out of Godzilla's way" I'd think to her. I felt more comfortable here, much more comfortable
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Incredible Member

Hooray! We'd found the Traitors! So that meant we won the game!

Right?

I turned to Cyclops. "We win, right?"

But just then, some guy wearing a fishbowl showed up saying we didn't?

But our friends showed up again! And they were still alive and not all dead and bloody and icky!

But then a whole bunch of Not-Spider-Men showed up and started attacking?!?!?

(Did I mention I was really starting to hate spiders?)

I looked for a corner to huddle up in, feeling like I was definitely out of my league.

But then Emma and Cyclops started talking and it looked like they had a game plan. And suddenly I had an idea what I could do to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    "Emma, could you try alerting Godzilla? I think my stunt will catch his attention and with him at the forefront we should be able to cut through all of these Spider-Men. You and Johnny distract the Traitors if need be, though I think Evinlea can more than handle the three of them. If you can, connect me to everybody so we can alert them to move out of Godzilla's way" I'd think to her. I felt more comfortable here, much more comfortable
    "I've got it, Cyclops!" I shouted triumphantly as I grabbed a nearby broom for a weapon.

Then, quicker than Professor Zoom's eyes could follow, I leapt on the tail of my friend Godzilla, and scrambled my way up to his head. "C'mon, Godzilla," I said in his dino-ear, "STOMP ALL THE SPIDER-MEN!!!"

"This doesn't make any sense!" Phantom Girl exclaimed. "These CAN'T be alternate versions of Spider-Man! Why would Mysterio have all these versions of his enemy charging at us for him?"

She encountered one that appeared to have an artificial leg. She quickly turned intangible as he passed harmlessly through her.

"What?" said the Spider-Man. Phantom Girl leaped from behind, grabbing the Spider-Man's artificial limb and causing him to fall over. She then pushed him on the head and knocked him unconscious.

"I don't know what's going on, who and what these Spider-Men really are, or why they're attacking us. Only one person really knows, and that's Mysterio. We have to defeat him to bring an end to this madness."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Emma smiled. All the traitor fishing was not Cyclop's game, but this was.

"I've linked us all non traitors on the same brainlengths. Allie's took the initiative to tell Godzilla."

Emma thought of who to work on distracting. Not Deadpool, not with the wave of Spider Men still crashing. Not Zoom, he may have well moved to another zip code by now.

Spider Woman.

Emma painted a moving picture in Spider Woman's brain amid the chaos.

They were having a drink.

"Take her down now!" Emma shouted out telepathically to no non traitor in particular.
    Last edited by Mari; 07-02-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Zoom noticed Emma Frost trying to take down Spider-woman. He sped through the Spider-man army and elbowed her at super speed. The trance was broken and Spider-woman leaped off. "You can thank me later." Zoom scoffed at the wall crawler.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Phantom Girl, meanwhile, decided enough was enough and decided to take a different approach. She turned intangible, phasing through dozens of Spider-Men, intent on reaching Mysterio himself.

"Mysterio!" she shouted. "You're the one responsible for all this. What is your hold on these Traitors? I know Zoom's a villain and Deadpool's a lunatic, but Spider-Woman seemed like a decent person."

"And where are these Spider-Men coming from?"

She wasn't sure if Mysterio would give her a straight answer. But she had her Flight Ring prepared, as well as her powers. And she was ready to do what she could to defeat him.

I saw Allie atop Godzilla and let a smirk crawl onto my face. That works for me. With that out of the way Thank you. Everyone, Zoom is the biggest threat of the Traitors, he's fast and deadly so watch out I'd think to the group, then see him blitz Emma. He seemed to be distracted talking to Spider-Woman, so I angled my shot off the back wall to hit him in the head and get his attention.

"So Zoom do you like being a pawn in someone else's schemes or are you just not bright enough to know better? Thought you had some kind of dignity professor?" I'd ask him. The word professor still felt a bit odd coming off my tongue so easily
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Then, quicker than Professor Zoom's eyes could follow, I leapt on the tail of my friend Godzilla, and scrambled my way up to his head. "C'mon, Godzilla," I said in his dino-ear, "STOMP ALL THE SPIDER-MEN!!!"
    The infernal contraption that was a "Doombot" had been conquered.

Without the aid of the King. It was beneath he.

In the sense his allies handled their opponent with ease.

Still.

They'd left Gojira behind when they'd ventured the secret tunnel.

This left the King to his own devices, as he'd explored the ruined Latveria.

Truly, it was different than the likes he'd visited home.

So to speak.

Then all changed as surroundings shifted.

Familiar surroundings. The mansion.

They were returned to the site of the Games...

This displeased the King immensely so.

More so when the affair had been revealed.

He needed no inclination, no direction.

He was the avenging hand that would bring about balance.

What were Spider-Men but mere, literal bugs before he.

He stood tall among allies, surveying, before carnage would be wrought by his hand.

His was the hand that would break the enemy's back.

Soft thrumming erupted from the King, as piercing serpentine globes overlooked all.

His target emblazoned within mind, at the back.

This would not stand.

And so did the titan dive into a devastating charge, rife with claw, maw, and atomic flame.

None would impede the King's approach.

When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin. I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Girl View Post
    "Mysterio!" she shouted. "You're the one responsible for all this. What is your hold on these Traitors? I know Zoom's a villain and Deadpool's a lunatic, but Spider-Woman seemed like a decent person."

"And where are these Spider-Men coming from?"

She wasn't sure if Mysterio would give her a straight answer. But she had her Flight Ring prepared, as well as her powers. And she was ready to do what she could to defeat him.

"Perhaps you just ask Spider-Woman why she did what she did. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, she acted on her own volition?

As for my army of Spider-Men, I already told you. This is my realm and you are playing by my rules! I chose these Spider-Men because what can I say? I enjoy themes! And the beauty of it is, I can utilize anyone I see fit. Even those amalgamated with other worlds..."

Suddenly, another Spider-Man appears before Phantom Girl.

Spider-Boy
    GLORIOUS!

So we'll keep this running until tomorrow at around 11 pm where we'll get into the finale and start up the epilogues. Then next week I'll post director's commentary & extras. Once everyone wraps up their epilogues and stuff, I'll finish things up by posting the curtain calls & credits.
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mysterio View Post
    ".....Ha. Ha. HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!"

Suddenly, smoke begins to surround Mister E. until...

"I was beginning to wonder if you would ever figure out the mystery, Spider-Man!"
    "Holy ☠☠☠☠. I know we pride ourselves on this shindig being 'half murder mystery'... but I can't believe the butler did it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio
    "The jokes. Always my favorite defense mechanism from you. But I will have the last laugh.

Spider-Men. Take them down."
    [/SIZE]
    Deadpool steeled himself, standing back to back with Spider-Man as the multiversal Spider-Men came from all sides.

"Crap, I only brought enough poison to murder one Spider-Man today. Any bright ideas? Assuming you're not on their team. I'd understand."

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    "On the contrary, Spider. I don't think everyone in your team is on the same page."

Mysterio calls out to Deadpool, Spider-Woman, and Professor Zoom.

"You three have served me well. And though you failed in the end, this is your chance to redeem yourselves. Join me and we will reap the gifts this Multiverse provides!"
    Wade froze. Now was the time to decide. Stick to your guns, whack the rest of these dopes and call a job a job.

...or, accept that he made a bad choice, got played by one the dumbest looking tricksters since 1964, and get some good old-fashioned double-crossy revenge.(And just maybe redeem himself a little bit.)

"You lied to me. You used me. Maybe if you had blue skin and a great rack, I'd forgive it a second or third time. But you don't, and to me that means you just wrote a check your out-of-work-special-effectin'-ass can't cash.

Besides, I couldn't be one of your cannon-fodder cronies anyway. Or did you forget--"

He looked up at Allie riding on top of Godzilla and smirked. Some kind of detonator flashed in his hand.

"--I'm Not-Spider-Man!"

A ring of explosions erupted from the floor, encircling the group of players! It caught a few Spider-Men in the blast, and triggered about a dozen Spider-Senses more, causing them to leap straight up into the air to dodge.

Deadpool unslung an automatic weapon he'd been saving for such an occasion... aiming in an arc and mowing them down.

"That'll teach you to climb my water spout! The only rain coming down is a rain of bullets!"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alpha View Post
    Johnny Alpha withdrew both his hand pistol and his Westinghouse. "Got to hit as many of these wall-crawlers as possible," he said, and proceeded to fire at as many targets as he could. "Got to make my way to this 'Mysterio'." He would try to push through the seemingly infinite Spider-Men in his path.
    Johnny soon came face-to-face with a lunging Spider-Man who looked suitably dystopian.

He was clocked sidewise by an electricity-splaying punch. The Electronux was tossed to its proper owner. No words-- that probably suited Johnny just fine. Deadpool nodded and drew his swords towards their arachnid adversaries.

The blast took Zoom aback. He hadn't expected that fool Cyclops to be able to hit him. It almost embarrassed him. Turning to his visually impaired foe, he sneered with contempt. "You claim to be a leader, someone who points others to the path of light and justice. Yet, I heard you turned your back on the man who took you in at your most vulnerable and killed him in cold blood. I may be a monster, but I accept it. You hide your dark side under a visage of a self righteous messiah. Let's see what you're really made of." With that, he shot towards Cyclops and a sonic boom echoed across the battlefield
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 07-02-2014 at 05:32 PM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman