Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

They couldn't at least put Circe or Queen Bee? This just shows DC needs to stop making their female villains heroes.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looks good, no one surprising, but good.

BANNED

YAAAAAAAAAAAWN

I wonder if the main JL book will ever be interesting again.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

GOOD choices. Go big or go home.

Cheetah is on the team, so I'm there.

BANNED

Boring

Lex is better as he is.
    Cheetah is ok I guess.
    Joker is beyond overused especially by Snyder.
    Grodd is bleh, should've gone with Abra Kadabra
    Should've used someone other than Sinestro since John is the GL.
    Manta is fine.

An rather unremarkable line up.

I'm really not feeling it. I don't find evil Luthor interesting at all, and out of all the others, Jokers function better as a solo danger and the same is true for Black Manta.

Astonishing Member

armor is right, if John is the JLA GL then Sinestro isn't a good choice because he is Hal's nemesis. I hope Snyder isn't one of those all the Green Lanterns are the same so since Sinestro was on the Legion and the GLC's best villain let's use him. I would have to say Sinestro has had the LEAST interaction with John of all the main 4 earth Lanterns (not counting Alan, Jess and Simon). Sounds like something the suits came up with.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    GOOD choices. Go big or go home.

Cheetah is on the team, so I'm there.

Agreed on all fronts. If they have picked Circe, First Born, or Ares for the Wonder Woman counterpart, I would have dropped this book.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

This looks promising. While they may seem to attempt to match up with 5 of the main members of the JL I think that is just a convenience, this is not some sort of villainous version of the New 52 JLA concept of a team that is designed to take out the JL one-for-one. My impression is this is not a team that will be looking to get together and trade punches with the JL at all, but rather play a very long game often behind the scenes.

I like Black Manta and Lex here but the rest don't interest me. The team Gail Simone used in the Secret Six mini was more interesting. I also agree about Sinestro, use him for Hal not John.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh, it's already posted here. Didn't see it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Tynion writing this has me a little concerned. I don't know if he's a good fit for any of these characters.

Just don't ruin what Rucka did with Barbara Ann James, that's all I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Should've used someone other than Sinestro since John is the GL.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    armor is right, if John is the JLA GL then Sinestro isn't a good choice because he is Hal's nemesis. I hope Snyder isn't one of those all the Green Lanterns are the same so since Sinestro was on the Legion and the GLC's best villain let's use him. I would have to say Sinestro has had the LEAST interaction with John of all the main 4 earth Lanterns (not counting Alan, Jess and Simon). Sounds like something the suits came up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I also agree about Sinestro, use him for Hal not John.
    Does John even have an arch nemesis in the GL franchise, let alone one that wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb when paired with everybody else on this team? Joker and Lex are A-list (or beyond), Cheetah's on her way up there finally and Manta and Grodd are relatively big names compared to everyone else in their respective franchises. You kind of have to go with Sinestro if everyone else is staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Agreed on all fronts. If they have picked Circe, First Born, or Ares for the Wonder Woman counterpart, I would have dropped this book.
    I would have been fine with Circe as an alternative if we had to have one, but yeah I far prefer Cheetah.

Astonishing Member

also what on earth would concern Sinestro? I mean proving his superiority to Hal maybe but in general Earth is of little concern to a universe controlling despot to be, UNLESS they go the Janet Jackson/Avengers route. Sinestro is all about control and order and he may see Earth as the locus of universal chaos, like the Avengers are portrayed as in some in the future storylines. Then again the Joker would be more of an anathema to Sinestro than he is to Lex. We will see, the best comic book version of the challenge of the Super Friends for me was Alex Ross' Justice, that book was epic looking, maybe a little light on plot but it was magnificent artistically.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Does John even have an arch nemesis in the GL franchise, let alone one that wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb when paired with everybody else on this team?
    Fatality I guess, she became a Star Sapphire and had a brief romance with him before it being reveled to be love brainwash thing. I don't think she's been around since.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven