Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    In less than two years Trump has averted World War 3, ended the disastrous Iran deal, he's getting us out of the Paris agreement (that we can't legally join anyway), and black unemployment and home ownership are at all-time historic highs. Frankly, how could you ask for more? And that's all I'll say about it.
    With all this covfefe, his social media experience is certainly immersive, with an all hours dedication. A bit too immersive. And how's that Obamacare alternative going anyway?

Another one to add to the list, mapping the sea floor. Barely any of it has been mapped, and who knows what's down there?
    Last edited by jbmasta; 05-12-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Guys, can we please keep the political discussions out of Rumbles?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Incredible Member

The first thing I do is will that I can use the gauntlet with perfect efficiency. I then fix all that is wrong with the world. I then make mars perfectly inhabitable. I move everyone who wants to go there to mars and set them up with shelter, food crops, animals and various industries. I then tour the universe while keeping an eye on our solar system to make sure nothing bad happens to it. If I want to extend my life I do it. I make myself totally invulnerable, not needing anything to eat or breath. If I see a civilization that needs help I give it to them. If I see a civilization that are evil, I show them the error of there ways. If there is a god, I have a chat.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Thank You very much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Yeah are you talking about the Guy Pearce movie? I actually quite liked it.

I agree with the Irons character, which is one of the reasons I like Superman so much. He generally stays out of politics and social issues beyond trying to set an example. And in most cases when he tries to "fix" something he ends up as a dictator

One's personal morals cannot apply to all which is why we as humans have evolved democracy over thousands of years. I like the bit about time too, what is "correct" in one time may not be so in another, especially given that it's increasingly obvious we are but products of the societies we grow up in (which makes change all the more important because it's real in the sense people have e shifted from one type of thought to another over time, and that's truly amazing).

Unfortunately people these days are convinced that the "other side" whoever it may be, is wrong and they are completely right, even after electoral results prove otherwise. There's far lesser tolerance and compromise in modern democracy, let alone actual debate and discussion, and extremists from either side are convinced in their own superiority so much they seek to undermine the democratic process itself. And that's the most dangerous trend of them all, there's nothing so priceless as democracy
    Yes and one of the great things abut Superman is that he does seem to understand all of that and realizes that lasting change only comes about by inspiring people and society to change. One of the great parts about Mark Gruenwald's original Squadron Supreme was the scene where Nighthawk says to Hyperion that, setting aside all of the moral and philosophical arguments and focusing on a purely practical one: None of these great changes in society by force can work without you being there to enforce the changes, maintaining them by, well, force. Real change has to come from a society changing. Or, to go corny and quote Spock: "Those who hate and fight must stop themselves, Doctor, otherwise, it is not really stopped."
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Thank you Guy. I hated that my thread got into that muck. I myself keep my politics to myself. I wish others would.

BANNED

Turn a third of the planet into anime girls.

And anothert third into futanari.

The last third gets turned into loli.

I then scatter the Infinity Stones in the Oort Cloud and toss the gauntlet itself into the core of the Earth, in such a way that the curse can only be undone by humanity working as a united species, within a Kardashev-1 civilization.

Me:

I would give myself 30 super powers at maximum level, those I really enjoy so without Gauntlet I am a threat. Make a second Gauntlet of following

Red gem
    Blue gem
    Black gem
    White gem
    Green gem

Yeah Magic the Gathering up in here and create the Auto Bot Mateix Of leadership as my necklace bling. And it works.

I turn all the worlds garbage into valuable resources. I would defeat all disease and make Venus/Mars inhabitable and Humanity proper tech to exploit it.

Time travel. Space travel.

Make my own world in my own image and have those I care about there having the good life. Have a chat with God too. I doubt he or she would appreciate me being so blunt in dealing with people. But we do not see eye to eye that way.

I would also have my ideal version of a family and a harem. Tom of awesome kids, my games getting played (and cash from sales go to charity. I do not need cash with a IG.)

Maybe. Try to find alien sapient life and make a united effort to insure stability in the cosmos. Hell if I cannot find alien life. I would make my own life and direct it my way.

I would not kill a half, a third, or a quarter of all life. For every sapient being is a hero of their life stories. Instead, I would promote and save it. Extending life spans of the stars and universe. Generating resources and such.

The only violence I would do is play fighting and I undo the damage afterwards.

As for my most selfish deeds? I hope I get Spoilers right.

(Spoiler) I would Cure my mental illness. No more nerve damage, no more need for pills. Cure my cousin of autism and give him a good life. Save the life of one of my most beloved cousins so her kids would ha e a mom right now. Cure my father of his addiction issues so he could be a respectful member of society. Cure my mother of her melancholy and actually be happy. Spend more time with those I should have. And time travel to meet my grandmas dad. Who was the towns hero to see if he would be proud of me as a mortal, or as a guy trying to be his equalivent of how a God should behave.

And the harem and the kids. (/spoiler)

I would like to change my answer to "give The Chou Lives his 'selfish deeds' wish list granted". ♡
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Oh, I'd peer into the mind of GRR Martin to see what he has planned for Game of Thrones
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Oh, I'd peer into the mind of GRR Martin to see what he has planned for Game of Thrones
    If he's even thinking about. Isn't he working on a prequel novel? He's worse than Douglas Adams when it comes to deadlines!

Well, he has several irons in the fire. But even with the IG I'm not sure I could get him to speed it up at all LOL

You know how Thanos created Terraxia? Among other things I listed, if I decided to go public, I'd bring back historical figures -- ones with immense wisdom -- to help me cope with godhood. They also could help the rest of humanity move along. Perhaps even form an intergenerational council. Sure, I could just read everyone's minds and do this myself, but I don't want to steal all the fun.

I'd build a stairway to heaven and have it pass by the darkside of the moon, just because.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Once ensuring my birth and family heritage are a fixed point, alter history so that the British Empire never falls but also that it becomes a fair and inclusive world force, granting America its independence peacefully in the 1700's and maintaining a strong an healthy relationship and thus set things up so that slavery in the south ends without the need for the American Civil War and the fallout. The tricky bit then is setting up a means of preventing the two world wars from happening and thus the cold war, but I sure I could manage that.

Also have a place set up where any character from fiction and more can interact and fight at my desire, just so we can answer those pesky fan question of who would win in a fight of equal situation to someone else.

Oh and probably have a harem of pretty much every woman in the Marvel, DC, Doctor Who and Star Wars universes for girlfriends/wives, because I am sane and heterosexual.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

The Gauntlet didn't really do anything did it? It was just a convenient holder for all the stones.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    The Gauntlet didn't really do anything did it? It was just a convenient holder for all the stones.
    *slap slap slap*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure