Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

The Shelia/Catherine bit is confusing and I think that needs to be clarified. Catherine supposedly died of an overdose. Jason found her and Willis is informed of it. Yet she ends up in Qurac? Why did she go there? How is she alive especially if Joker wasn't involved in that? If Joker did trick Jason implying he knew who they were back then why didn't Bruce ever connect the dots?

I wonder what Jason's medical problems were.

Willis was humanized in a beautiful way and shows more of the life of a henchman. I might add more later but this was a great issue.

Extraordinary Member

Btw. Lobdell actually retconed his own story about Jason birth.

Fantastic Member

That was from Jason's POV about something he shouldn't know so it doesn't seem that big of a deal to me. He changed the detail about the bat scar too and a few other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Btw. Lobdell actually retconed his own story about Jason birth.

Good riddance. I never liked what they done to his origin here.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    I prefer to have both Sheila and Catherine because Catherine's death also had a big impact on Jason and him suddenly found out that she's actually alive stretches the imagination a bit. As for Sheila, while she's only a prop, Jason's search for her is not out of nowhere but from a need to have a parental figure when things weren't going so well with Bruce. That's a buildup I can get behind. I feel nothing for Sheila but I do for Jason's emotional state and think that it's not that strange for him to immediately latch on her, only to be betrayed.
    That build up is also on the Catherine version. Jason found about her being alive in the precise moment his issues with Bruce were at a boiling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Good riddance. I never liked what they done to his origin here.
    Lobdell only changed things to make Willis less of an ******* but the basic plot beats are present in both stories. And as pointed out, the discrepancies can be easily explained by Jason being an unreliable narrator (he even ends his account of the events with "This is my story and I'm sticking to it").

But it seems very weird that Catherine was still supposed to be alive when even Willis got the news that she turned up dead in prison. I assumed that the authorities contacted him in prison to inform him of his wife's death so I feel like the premise of Catherine being alive later is just really shaky.

I actually wonder if they're still sticking with the whole Flower of Death thing that the Joker said he used on her ._. I really hope not...
    Last edited by thebluefeline; 06-13-2018 at 02:13 PM.

It's better to ignore zero issue because this issue completely contradict it.

Man, this was pretty well done, i'm intrigued for what is coming next for Jason.

The scene with Jason in the graveyard was the best part too and seeing his father's tomb empty hit all the right notes.

Fantastic Member

My favorite was the roof bit, it reminded me of Jason's talk with Bizarro about hearing the city and how much he loved it.

Now we know Jason is gunning for Penguin because he framed Willis for something he did. I don't know if I want to see Jason and Artemis deal with the elephant in the room.

Or it's just as likely that Willis is the unreliable narrator. Don't really care for handwaving of Jason's actual abuse.

tumblr_inline_pa9z6lFaO41t2zpjd_540.jpg

Or people are right that Lobdell is retconning moments like this.

Not sure how I feel about this issue and what it means yet. Jason is great as always.

Handwaving an abuse that wasn't even part of Jason's origin is good enough for me because he doesn't need it to be added to his backstory when it's already tragic enough.

Anyway, I find it interesting that no one mention how it's revealed that Jason was named after his grandfather. I wonder if it's a plotline or just a throwaway line.

Handwaving an abuse that wasn't even part of Jason's origin is good enough for me because he doesn't need it to be added to his backstory when it's already tragic enough.

Anyway, I find it interesting that no one mention how it's revealed that Jason was named after his grandfather. I wonder if it's a plotline or just a throwaway line.
    I saw it as a throwaway line personally.

Maybe the former. The whole father and sons theme feels really strong now, and looks like has been running since the start of the current run.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-13-2018 at 02:47 PM. Reason: grammar

Fantastic Member

Previous Willis stories by Jason have never been quite clear. Willis seems like a woman chasing idiot in #0 where he comes off more threatening in captions and Jason off handedly referring to him out loud.

I don't think it's necessarily handwaved it's just not mentioned. Given the context Willis probably just wants to explain a different side of the story.

I noticed that too and given how Willis' dad was depicted in an image in #0 it's curious. His mom was seen with a black eye and he had a bunch of siblings. Was that just what Jason assumed?

I think you guys overthinking it and trying so hard to connect them together. Comics recton stories all time and especially when it's not well received like the 0 issue which is why they brought back his origin back in rebirth. Lobdell isn't strange for this kind of things either and it's not a bad thing.

And I think Willis naming Jason after his father imply that he thought highly of him.