Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

It needs Nature Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    They’re a handful of mutants who could individually probably take out 100 people. 10 wolves, 100 sheep and all that.
    But not a fleet of war planes.

I’m just saying they need their own “S.H.I.E.L.D”
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-20-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    But not a fleet of war planes.

I’m just saying they need their own “S.H.I.E.L.D”
    I'm just not sure that can happen. It's not even a matter of technology or numbers, but an issue of there being too many cooks in this kitchen. Who will lead it? Where are its members coming from? Where's the budget coming from? Will it be in too much conflict with other factions?

I think Krakoa is just too new for this to work yet. We will probably see it in a few years time, though.

And I just want to say, I don't want Krakoa to fail. I just do not believe in isolationism and this us vs them attitude. It's not making the world a better place, it's just switching who's on top and who's below. And it leaves a lot of people out. Why shouldn't the monster cities around New York have a Krakoa gate flower? Why shouldn't the other marginalized Marvel races be allowed in? Why just allow mutants and **** everyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm just not sure that can happen. It's not even a matter of technology or numbers, but an issue of there being too many cooks in this kitchen. Who will lead it? Where are its members coming from? Where's the budget coming from? Will it be in too much conflict with other factions?
    Budget? Alchemy could turn Krakoan land matter into gold (but would he want to help after I vs X?)

Could be lead by Sabra,Pete Wisdom, and LightBright among others.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-20-2020 at 09:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

That actually brings up a good point, how does money work here? Because it seems like money is sort of meaningless on Krakoa, which just brings up a point that many mutants are sort of trapped there because they don't have money to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed I like Scott and Logan always has good writting and it`s given the benefit of doubt always but I have a hard time seeing Storm, Jean and Kurt being cold and magneto talking about them being gods when he has really never talked that way, his pov of humans being afraid of mutants come from his experiences of the war and Magda`s fear of him, not his powers per se.

That`s why I would like to see more day to day interactions between the X-men in a normal setting, I can see Storm, Jean and Kurt acting tough and even cold on the Quiet Council because they are in front of Apocaypse, Sinister, Shaw, Mystique, Exodus, them being seen as soft would not help to their points being taken seriously on the Council, even Charles kind of tried to use the Sabretooth issue to show how tough he was about their new status quo, but we need to see them without that armor, see what Jean, Storm think about their fellow council members and what they are doing, see charles out of that cerebro helmet outside of an hostile context like the one of X-men 4 to see why he changed his views and I think it would be really fun to see Apocalypse clash on povs with both Magneto and Xavier, with Magneto finding himself on the really strange place of being the middle man between two opposites povs.
    I want to see Magneto and Lorna having a day off, thinking about Genosha and what they can do to protect Krakoa in the event it happens again, etc.

I liked the idea of different, lest say, political ideologies being fought back and forth on the council, the actual status quo seems to be going in that direction and it would be a nice political thriller to see but first I would like to see some warn hearted moments between mutants so Krakoa feels like a real home and refuge for mutants imo.

Of course it all it`s built around Moira and her manipulations, Hickman did say HOX is like HOM in the sense that it SEEMS to be made to fail and burn after the ilusion is gone but the thing is that`s has been the X-men story of the past decade so I expect to see that fall but also seeing them healing after it in a way the decimation times never allowed them.
    I liked the X-men comics because in the past, I knew what the characters felt because they exchanged their feelings and impressions (like in a soap) so I felt included in their inner circle. I felt a kinship.

There, I feel like Hickman deliberately has put a distance between the characters and the readers. The latters could have been more included in the process and in the story but Hickman has chosen not to. Hickman didn't show to his readers how was built Krakoa, and at first, during a long period, he didn't show Xavier without his helmet. There are exchanges but there is a lot of posturing in them… (for the benefit of whom, I wonder… When I read Magneto banging on about 'the humans', he bores me to death…)

So I'm not sure that your wishes for more insights about how the characters really feel will be executed: if it had been Hickman's intention, he would have done it by now, in my opinion: it is usually in an author's benefit to have his readers in a close relationship with his characters. Instead there is an air of mystery…
    Last edited by Zelena; 01-21-2020 at 05:47 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I know it's not the fasciste salute… but it's close enough to my distaste.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Pumping your fist in the air is akin to a Nazi salute.

Next in anti-Krakoa news: Is the Black Pride Fist eerily similar to the Nazi salute because they both have their hands in the air?

Pumping your fist in the air is akin to a Nazi salute.
    I'm sure you noticed the angle…

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I'm sure you noticed the angle…

I’m sure you noticed the multiple angles

Astonishing Member

That actually brings up a good point, how does money work here? Because it seems like money is sort of meaningless on Krakoa, which just brings up a point that many mutants are sort of trapped there because they don't have money to begin with.
    ? That's a weird way of phrasing that, why on Earth would you leave the place where every want and need is provided for and you're not being persecuted? And with so many different habitats set up around the world you can easily get a group of your friends and go backpacking in the Himalayas for morning Jog and then be back in krakoa in time for dinner.

Besides there's no rule that says I'm using can't make open up a bank account or hold a job while still living on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    real absence of flipper and/or tentacles in this picture.

eh. they could just swipe a vial of the krakoan cure and become an instant millionaire.

I’m sure you noticed the multiple angles
    The multiple angles in your picture and… the one on the panel.

But, it's silly: it's just an association of ideas… depending on the kind of pictures you have been used to see in your lifetime.
    What is more tendentious is the Krakoan policy based on biology and the value the Krakoans put in a citizen depending on his powers: more they have power, more they are valued. To the point, there are even villains in the government: they have so much power that they are inescapable…

It could be a fun moment if you forget the murder of Alysande Stuart by Jaimie Braddrock… But I liked her in Excalibur… No coming back for her.