Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We know that Hulkling and probably Wiccan will be off world. Certainly, the rest of the YAs should be somehow involved. If Outlawed is a long term status quo and not something that'll be over in six months, then they could easy just get a mini after Empyre is over.
    I wonder how dependent that is on the sales for Ewing's Champions.

Very, I'd say. It's Outlawed's flagship book, so if that goes, we're probably looking at a quick Omega issue wrap-up. Hopefully it'll sell though - we don't want Marvel learning the wrong lesson, thinking nobody wants to read about the teenagers. Bad enough that a lot of DC's are out of focus or out of character right now, we don't want Marvel's falling out of focus as well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Very, I'd say. It's Outlawed's flagship book, so if that goes, we're probably looking at a quick Omega issue wrap-up. Hopefully it'll sell though - we don't want Marvel learning the wrong lesson, thinking nobody wants to read about the teenagers. Bad enough that a lot of DC's are out of focus or out of character right now, we don't want Marvel's falling out of focus as well.
    I think the book has a decent shot of lasting thanks to the explosive attention Miles and Kamala are getting thanks to ITSV, & the MCU Ms. Marvel show coming next year. And Nova fans are just happy Sam finally got his helmet back at the end of the last volume.

- My best guess is the floppy sales numbers will probably be in the mid to high 20 thousand range as the hype evens out after the first few issues.

- It will probably have stronger sales digitally.

- The strongest physical sales numbers will probably come from TPB'S.

If anything though I just want someone to make a Disney+ cartoon of the Champions. Start with the core three of Kamala, Miles and Sam then expand the roster from there as the season goes on. Then you'll be on the right track for longevity, similar to Runaways now.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Young Avengers are bigger than both groups and they got dust for their anniversary.
    YA has their 15th anniversary this year so who knows.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I think the book has a decent shot of lasting thanks to the explosive attention Miles and Kamala are getting thanks to ITSV, & the MCU Ms. Marvel show coming next year. And Nova fans are just happy Sam finally got his helmet back at the end of the last volume.

- My best guess is the floppy sales numbers will probably be in the mid to high 20 thousand range as the hype evens out after the first few issues.

- It will probably have stronger sales digitally.

- The strongest physical sales numbers will probably come from TPB'S.

If anything though I just want someone to make a Disney+ cartoon of the Champions. Start with the core three of Kamala, Miles and Sam then expand the roster from there as the season goes on. Then you'll be on the right track for longevity, similar to Runaways now.
    I'd say the uphill battle part is like with Zub's run, you may have a significant portion of the audience just reading the pirating copies rather than actually buying a copy themselves. The sad thing is you can't count on a character's fanbase to necessarily support a team book they're on either. Like I know there's some Kamala fans here who have been vocal about only reading her own book and ignoring things that happens outside of her book if they can help it. lol

I really loved Zub's run and bought each issue on Comixology, but I know one of the big complaints I saw online from Sam Alexander fans in particular was them hating how drawn out his powerless tenure was.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Well, Marvel Rising might be dead in the water with Cort Lane being let go and Feige taking over, so there might be room if Marvel is interested...but I don't know what Marvel's priorities are with cartoons anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'd say the uphill battle part is like with Zub's run, you may have a significant portion of the audience just reading the pirating copies rather than actually buying a copy themselves. The sad thing is you can't count on a character's fanbase to necessarily support a team book they're on either. Like I know there's some Kamala fans here who have been vocal about only reading her own book and ignoring things that happens outside of her book if they can help it. lol

I really loved Zub's run and bought each issue on Comixology, but I know one of the big complaints I saw online from Sam Alexander fans in particular was them hating how drawn out his powerless tenure was.
    I still maintain that they should've just relaunched with Zub from the beginning instead of just having him carry on from Waid. And I hate excessive relaunches.

Piracy is obviously a huge problem, especially for smaller titles that probably don't get a pass like the bigger titles do even if they're as likely to be pirated. And trade-waiting probably still impacts sales.

I completely agree about that, issue 19 should've been the new #1, not issue 28. I actually came across people who didn't even know Waid was no longer writing the book so while piracy is a factor, I think marketing can take some of the blame for the previous run's demise too.

As for Rising, you may be right. We haven't heard about anything else beyond Playing With Fire have we?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-27-2020 at 04:15 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

As much as I like reading the stories. If lived in 616 and had a super powered kid....I would be totally against them running around doing super stuff. Both for their safety...and as their parent I could be sued for any damage the kid does.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    As much as I like reading the stories. If lived in 616 and had a super powered kid....I would be totally against them running around doing super stuff. Both for their safety...and as their parent I could be sued for any damage the kid does.
    I get where your coming from. It’s not really that big of a problem for most of the teen heroes, but I think it would add a much more interesting dynamic if some parents who knew about their kid’s superhero activities and were against them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I get where your coming from. It’s not really that big of a problem for most of the teen heroes, but I think it would add a much more interesting dynamic if some parents who knew about their kid’s superhero activities and were against them.
    And legally and financially responsible for them. Imagine If Kamala's parents found out she was doing this by the cops coming to arrest them for her 'crimes'.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    For what it's worth, the writer (Eve Ewing) isn't going to present the conflict as black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For what it's worth, the writer (Eve Ewing) isn't going to present the conflict as black and white.
    She's going to try to. But usually these events come down to one clearly right side and one wrong with a lot of people being written poorly and OOC to justify stupidity or cartoonish villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    She's going to try to. But usually these events come down to one clearly right side and one wrong with a lot of people being written poorly and OOC to justify stupidity or cartoonish villainy.
    I mean...yeah, but hopefully she and the tie-in writers are able to avoid that for the most part.

She's a sociologist, right? So I think she has probably a better chance then most of capturing the motivations and feelings of individuals in relation to this stuff better then most.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean...yeah, but hopefully she and the tie-in writers are able to avoid that for the most part.

She's a sociologist, right? So I think she has probably a better chance then most of capturing the motivations and feelings of individuals in relation to this stuff better then most.
    Yeah, that's what I'd be counting on, too. Granted, the last decade or so hasn't been very friendly to the idea of presenting allegories for real-world sociopolitical conflicts in superhero stories with real nuance, which I lay at the feet of the writers being unable to break completely from the "good vs. evil" paradigm that underwrites the genre, but I'll give this a shot.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'd be counting on, too. Granted, the last decade or so hasn't been very friendly to the idea of presenting allegories for real-world sociopolitical conflicts in superhero stories with real nuance, which I lay at the feet of the writers being unable to break completely from the "good vs. evil" paradigm that underwrites the genre, but I'll give this a shot.
    Like Child Protective Services showing up at a super hero HQ to bust them for endangering children??