Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Mainly the rice hat on her back. At least that's what I thought it was seeing as they're farmers. And her costume too reminded me of something worn by characters like Kitana and Jade in Mortal Kombat.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-07-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Mainly the rice hat on her back. At least that's what I thought it was. And her costume too reminded me of something worn by characters like Kitana and Jade in Mortal Kombat.
    I didn't notice the hat or swords.i was got distracted by the goofy looking baby and turned the page. i could see her being an asian.

Extraordinary Member

I'm definitely open to seeing where this is going. I did not see the return of Kon-El like this at all and I'm impressed as hell that Bendis managed to surprise me as much as he did.

Also, I'm pretty certain Conner is going to be the Superboy who takes a new name. I mean, a dad calling himself Superboy is kinda weird.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Kon93

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm definitely open to seeing where this is going. I did not see the return of Kon-El like this at all and I'm impressed as hell that Bendis managed to surprise me as much as he did.

Also, I'm pretty certain Conner is going to be the Superboy who takes a new name. I mean, a dad calling himself Superboy is kinda weird.

Bendis does surprise us, that's his shtick,his others are writing characters out of character, and not building up to his game changing ideas.

I've been almost to firm on my belief this won't stick or last long, but if it did that would be pretty cool to have the guy who was created in a tube now being a good husband and father.

Scion, even the smallville show used that with the superboy episode.

Now can we guess what's in his yellow side pouch?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, Bendis's game plan with Conner & Jon is becoming much more clear now. With most of the founding Young Justice crew now being aged ever so slightly into the 19/20ish range, Conner being a young father allows the 17ish Jon to take Conner's old role while the DC Ink books can carry on with the telling stories of Jon as a pre-teen with Damian in Super-Sons.

That seems like the best situation.

You've got Lois & Clark as the Mom & Dad perpetually in their late 30s/early 40s.

Kara seems to be firmly back in her mid-20s again as the big sister.

Conner as the big brother just starting his own family while Jon takes over as the teenager still learning the ropes.

Hopefully, they'll bring back Lana Lang & John Henry Irons soon as the cool aunt & uncle
    I want Power Girl to make a comeback. She's been gone too long.

Kon93

It's time for all members of the SUPER family to comeback. Kenan, Kara, Lana, John, and Cir-El, because she has untapped potential and there are a lot of hybrids running around.chris/lor is already around, just not on the side of good

Wow. To say I'm shocked is an understatement. So many questions. Firstly though the art was a joy to comb through. My dream was to see Conner wearing the jacket over his t shirt and jeans and it actually happened. With Viktor's art he looked like a fusion of the Geoff Johns and Karl Jewel era versions. His personality reflected that too. His old cockiness appeared but he seemed to hit a moment of clarity that was also reflective of his maturity since his resurrection. I'm confused on the timeline. He's in Smallville so this seems to have taken place after the Lemire run before Flashpoint. I know they purposely left it vague since time in DC is all over the place, but how much of his history is intact? Cassie's origin was impacted by the new 52. The Kent's aren't alive so who was he living with at the time or is he displaced like Wally and his whole history is intact? My guess is they won't delve into this since this is more of nod and a wink to us the audience who really know yes this is the guy from before Flashpoint. I would have had him come to his moment of clarity away from class instead of ruining his secret ID in front of the class. He couldn't have just jeprodized the Kent's and Clark like that unless he wasn't living with them. I did like that bit of his comment to Stacy. He's a ladies man and the way he praised his teacher before leaving was old school Conner. Small moment but it was a nice touch.

Time flows differently in gemworld. Amethyst on earth is 13 but ages up to 20 when in Gemworld. When she leaves Gemworld, ahe becomes 13 again. I wonder if that's the case with Kon. He clearly looks late teens possibly early twenties but Bart didn't mention that aside from the beard. Maybe that's just Bart being Bart. Great reunion scene btw. Another bit I liked was the influence being a Kent has had on him. He's a farmer and actually enjoys it. I wonder what influence from the other side of the family we'll see unless of course that rebellious streak we saw earlier and the need to do more than sit in class are aspects from Lex. In some versions of Lex's origins he had a hard time just staying in class and would look towards bigger things. We see that in Secret Origins and Birthright.

And now that shocker of an ending. A wife. A child. Holy. He married a denizen of Gemworld. Who is she? Lil guy is definitely is his going by the blue eyes and spitcurl. Man is that such a dominate trait. Like everyone else I assume they'll either be magical constructs or illusions but a part of me hopes they're real and wants to see where this will lead. He'll have to leave Gemworld at some point. Will he bring them with him or are they stuck they and he has to split his time between worlds. Also will he deaged when he returns like Amethyst? Could be an interesting situation. Started wondering if that holster he has can carry baby bottles lol.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Yeah, Bendis's game plan with Conner & Jon is becoming much more clear now. With most of the founding Young Justice crew now being aged ever so slightly into the 19/20ish range, Conner being a young father allows the 17ish Jon to take Conner's old role while the DC Ink books can carry on with the telling stories of Jon as a pre-teen with Damian in Super-Sons.

That seems like the best situation.

You've got Lois & Clark as the Mom & Dad perpetually in their late 30s/early 40s.

Kara seems to be firmly back in her mid-20s again as the big sister.

Conner as the big brother just starting his own family while Jon takes over as the teenager still learning the ropes.

Hopefully, they'll bring back Lana Lang & John Henry Irons soon as the cool aunt & uncle
    Who said Kara was in her 20s? I haven't been reading the new writers run, but in Orlando's run she was still in high school

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Didn't know the Yj team has been aged up. How old is Tim aged up to now and what issue is that?
    The first issue seem to imply that Cassie was now college aged, which would be slightly older than she was before. I would guess that Tim, Connor, & Cassie are now in the 18/19ish range.

As for Bart? His age is screwy thanks to aging rapidly from an infant while being raised in VR, being aged up to an adult, dying, being resurrected as a teenager again, then erased from history, then coming back. So, he's whatever age that would be....5...16...21...?

Granted, Connor's age is also screwy, but biologically, he looks to be about 18/19ish now

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I want Power Girl to make a comeback. She's been gone too long.
    Doomsday Clock has only 3 issues left. I'd say we'll be seeing her soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Who said Kara was in her 20s? I haven't been reading the new writers run, but in Orlando's run she was still in high school
    That was prior to Superman Reborn and Bendis. She's not being written like an inexperienced teenager in the current comics. She's acting like someone who's been around the block with the confidence of a young woman in her 20s like in the TV show.

Granted, all this age stuff is conjecture. I don't think DC is going to nail down anyone's age these days. It's best to keep things vague.

The first issue seem to imply that Cassie was now college aged, which would be slightly older than she was before. I would guess that Tim, Connor, & Cassie are now in the 18/19ish range.

As for Bart? His age is screwy thanks to aging rapidly from an infant while being raised in VR, being aged up to an adult, dying, being resurrected as a teenager again, then erased from history, then coming back. So, he's whatever age that would be....5...16...21...?

Granted, Connor's age is also screwy, but biologically, he looks to be about 18/19ish now
    We don't know if Cassie finished high school. In pre and post flashpoint she stopped going to high school. She was around 17. Bart I have no idea. Probably 14-15. Tim was stated to be 16 but going to college early since he was a genius. This was Tynion. Conner after his resurrection was about 17 going on 18 before Flashpoint. He looks pretty young in the flashback but has clearly aged in Gemworld however time flows differently there. He may be deaged when he returns like Amethyst.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    We don't know if Cassie finished high school. In pre and post flashpoint she stopped going to high school. She was around 17. Bart I have no idea. Probably 14-15. Tim was stated to be 16 but going to college early since he was a genius. This was Tynion. Conner after his resurrection was about 17 going on 18 before Flashpoint. He looks pretty young in the flashback but has clearly aged in Gemworld however time flows differently there. He may be deaged when he returns like Amethyst.
    That all tracks, I guess, Tim being younger is a bit odd, but he's always been wiser than his years, so sure. If Cassie was 17 prior to Flashpoint, she must be at least a year older by now. Generally, around 5ish years of our time equals about 1ish year of comic time, give or take

Astonishing Member

That was prior to Superman Reborn and Bendis. She's not being written like an inexperienced teenager in the current comics. She's acting like someone who's been around the block with the confidence of a young woman in her 20s like in the TV show.

Granted, all this age stuff is conjecture. I don't think DC is going to nail down anyone's age these days. It's best to keep things vague.
    Kara was still a High School Student after Superman Reborn, since Orlando still write Supergirl comic after Reborn (we have a family dinner between Kara, Jon, Lois and Clark written by Orlando) and we still see her in High School.

Supergirl being more experienced can be just a decision of the new writer. Not necessarily a hint of her age.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-07-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Kara was still a High School Student after Superman Reborn, since Orlando still write Supergirl comic after Reborn (we have a family dinner between Kara, Jon, Lois and Clark written by Orlando) and we still see her in High School.

Supergirl being more experienced can be just a decision of the new writer. Not necessarily a hint of her age.
    If Kara's being written as a more seasoned heroine again, I'm just going to assume that's what she is now unless they say otherwise and chalk it up to the history reasserting itself since Kara first graduated from high school in the early Silver Age

Unless there's some value to her Pre-Crisis existence still being erased from everyone's memory, I don't see much point to sticking with it any longer. Supergirl died and came back to life, just like Superman died and came back to life and Superboy died and came back to life. She's been a 20-something on the TV show since the beginning, so the general perception of her is no longer as a teenager, but as a young woman.

Hell, for the vast majority of Kara's publication history, she's been over 18. The idea that she's a high school student in the current day is the outlier.