Page 104 of 207 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3103

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    A few months ago Simon Kinberg said that Kevin Feige reviewed the movie.
    So rather than do something visually distinct and different, he'd rather scrap the iconic image and blame Captain Marvel, since blaming Captain Marvel for everything is in vogue these days.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So rather than do something visually distinct and different, he'd rather scrap the iconic image and blame Captain Marvel, since blaming Captain Marvel for everything is in vogue these days.
    Exactly.

Instead of keeping what he had, or even going further in that direction, enhancing it more, kinberg turned tail and went in the other direction, downgrading Phoenix/Dark Phoenix.

I said that they were not just minor reshoots going on! I just knew it! More kinberg lies. It is also poor etiquette to blame Captain Marvel movie success/great effects for his lack of abilities.

All that aside, I will be first in line to see it. For me. For Jean. For Phoenix/Dark Phoenix.

We have no idea what the new Phoenix looks like or the full ending. Could a dumpster, could be ok. Either way, I just got my ticket.

BANNED

...like if they show enough Clairemont nostalgia people won't care that the characters are more set pieces than participants.
    And people say the X-Men films don't follow the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Wait Captain Marvel's 1st trailer was released September 18th 2018 the Dark Phoenix reshoots started in August 2018 and ended in September. How is Captain Marvel to blame for changing the ending?
    It is Captain Marvel, months back Spoilers of the Xmen DP was revealed and it spoil the old ending and since it has new ending, I don't think it is spoilers anymore but old ending Phoenix goes into space and fights off alien invasion. I am 99% confident in those spoilers because they accurately hit Mystique dying and details of the space mission we have seen to be true.

Going with "Glowing woman beats Space Armada as your big ending" would get your movie critically murder regardless of how good it is and given how the x-men handle their Special effects I am willing to bet that Captain Marvel was faster and more dynamic than the X-men version.Probably was right decision to change the ending for a movie
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 05-30-2019 at 04:58 AM.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    "Recently"? The hate has always been vocal even back when the movies got good reviews.
    True, but it seems like things are at a fever pitch now that we're nearing the end.

I understood people getting heated prior to the Disney deal, as I'm sure some people thought Fox had "stolen" the rights and was keeping them away from the MCU (the latter of which was true becuase why would they give back a moneymaking property?); however, that's not the case anymore. We're gonna get an MCU X-Men film (even if its gonna be many a year from now), so why not let those of us that enjoy these movies have this moment instead of constantly sh!tting in our cereal? That question is rhetorical, mind you.

These movies aren't perfect. As a Cyclops fan, I don't think we've been given a proper representation of the character. There are other issues, too, but, overall, I enjoy the heck outta these movies and want to see how they wrap things up. It ain't gonna be perfect, but I'm almost positive I'm gonna like it more than Avengers: Endgame ; however, to be fair, my vasectomy was more fun than Avengers: Endgame, so that may not be saying much.

Concerning the reshoots and my previous comment about Captain Marvel, I do recall the actors saying they like the retooled ending (namely Chastain and McAvoy), so that's really encouraging, and we did see a firebird in the trailer. So I'm not expecting us to go Phoenix-less, by any means. I'm just kinda sick of the omnipresence of the MCU and how it's affecting everything else in comic book movies. I know they're the king of the financial mountain and everything, so that's not without reason.

I've long since turned this from a focused response into a stream-of-consciousness post, so...how crazy is it that Dazzler's actually gonna be in this movie? I'm not expecting more than a scene or two, but it'll still be fun to see.

Also, since I'm completely all over the place (i.e. off topic), release the MF-ING Snyder Cut, WB!
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    We have no idea what the new Phoenix looks like or the full ending. Could a dumpster, could be ok. Either way, I just got my ticket.
    I got mine too! They just went on sale at the main theater near my place. I plan on going to a Thursday showing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Concerning the reshoots and my previous comment about Captain Marvel, I do recall the actors saying they like the retooled ending (namely Chastain and McAvoy), so that's really encouraging, and we did see a firebird in the trailer. So I'm not expecting us to go Phoenix-less, by any means. I'm just kinda sick of the omnipresence of the MCU and how it's affecting everything else in comic book movies. I know they're the king of the financial mountain and everything, so that's not without reason.!
    Well, of course they're being positive now. Let's see what they say a couple months after it's out. (Maybe nothing changes, maybe not)

As an example, at the time of the reshoots they were downplayed as minor and no big deal. How true did that turn out?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is Captain Marvel, months back Spoilers of the Xmen DP was revealed and it spoil the old ending and since it has new ending, I don't think it is spoilers anymore but old ending Phoenix goes into space and fights off alien invasion. I am 99% confident in those spoilers because they accurately hit Mystique dying and details of the space mission we have seen to be true.

Going with "Glowing woman beats Space Armada as your big ending" would get your movie critically murder regardless of how good it is and given how the x-men handle their Special effects I am willing to bet that Captain Marvel was faster and more dynamic than the X-men version.Probably was right decision to change the ending for a movie
    Kinberg said that the space battle was a small part of the final battle

Seems like a excuse if the movie fails, a good play from the PR

New Tv Spot JEAN in class

Last edited by juan678; 05-30-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Do Fassbender and Peters get along?
    I hope they do.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 05-30-2019 at 10:38 AM.

So, did they boot Shipp from the press tour because she was talking mess about the movie a few months ago, or just because they wanted to go for horrible optics?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!