Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he jumps ship to DC in the next couple of years tbh.
    In time, anything's possible. Aaron could go to DC at some point. Snyder could come to Marvel. You never know what might happen.

But for now, and for the foreseeable future, Aaron is exclusive to Marvel so by late winter/early spring of 2020, he's going to be jumping on to at least one, if not two, new Marvel projects. I expect we'll hear something by the March solicitations.

True, what title would fit him though? I'm trying to think...

Any chance he do Shang-Chi? As kind of a build up to the movie.

BANNED

Hmm. I don't know. It's a guarantee that there will be a new Shang-Chi title before the movie comes out.

Is it something Aaron would want to do or even has a feel for? Not sure. Given how well he did with Iron Fist, my first pick out of Marvel's current stable of writers for Shang-Chi would be Ed Brisson.

It will be interesting to see what Aaron does next. Even though he's been at Marvel awhile, there's still a lot of hills for him left to climb.

Even though it might be a long shot, I really hope that Marvel gives Aaron BP when Coates is done. I love the way he writes T'Challa in The Avengers and, going back to his Secret Invasion BP story "See Wakanada and Die!", it's clear that he has a real love for and affinity for the character.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 11-18-2019 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    He's too high profile at this point to afford for a book staring a B-list character, and all the A-list characters are currently in the middle of solid runs with generally well-respected writers.

The highest profile character without a current series or mini is... Ant-Man?
    Maybe She-Hulk (but I'm sure nobody wants that!)

My guess would be that he's going to mastermind a big push for The Eternals in the lead up to the movie.

Or, long shot, they're really gonna push a new Champions / Young Avengers book in the lead up to the Disney+ shows
    Ant-Man already has a new series coming out.

There will be a new teen book next year, but I don't see Aaron doing that. I think Ironheart's writer Eve Ewing is more likely (whoever's writing the Champions in Incoming probably has the gig - hell, maybe there'll be two books - they are promising a "titanic divide").

Eternals is a logical suggestion.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I would though Marvel would choose an asian writer to write Shang-Chi.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Does that really matter? I mean, is it that important to do that versus the talent of the writer? There's a thing called pigeonholing, where "black writer writes black character" or "female writer writes female character". Priest ran into this issue where because he was black he only got black offers, causing him to quit the Big Two for a long time until he was offered Deathstroke. I mean, the new Deadpool run is being written by female writer Kelly Thompson, and Miles Morales (an Afro-Latino) was created by white Brian Michael Bendis.

They'd probably just have Greg Pak do Shang - he's already writing him in Agents of Atlas and Sword Master.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Coates on the Black Panther books should forever be the red flag for what sometimes happens when you get what you ask for! That being said I could take Aaron on Black Panther only after blood pact promise to never have A v X disrespect of Panther again.
    Last edited by dkrook; 11-18-2019 at 11:34 AM.

BANNED

Power Man & Iron Fist would be cool.

Whatever it ends up being will probably surprise everyone.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

He's done so many amazing books; but I would lose it if he took over Black Panther. I would love for him to explore the mythos and the associated Gods of Wakanda.

If not Black Panther, a revamped Herc; I know it may be too similar to Thor or Conan but a fully cosmic book with the new Olympians running around would be cool.

I am curious though how long his run on Avengers will be, especially since he's not really doing long form writing for that run they're more small arcs as opposed to Hickman's style.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 11-18-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Oh man, Aaron’s run on Conan is coming to an end at the conclusion of this arc? That’s a bummer.

I like his Avenges book, and W&tXM was pretty cool but I much prefer his solo books so I hope it’s another solo.

Maybe Blade or Shang Chi? Too early to start focussing on them?

For a number of years post KSD, I thought Captain Marvel was crying out for Aaron but it seems they’ve found a worthy successor in Thompson so it’s a moot point now.

I guess I’d like to see him on Hawkeye, Herc or Namor, however unlucky that is.

It could be time for him to do the standard transition from Marvel to full-time creator owned work.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    It could be time for him to do the standard transition from Marvel to full-time creator owned work.

I wouldn't mind that, give him more creative freedom

BANNED

How about NONE... No way in the world. I mean I was never the biggest fan of what Jason Aaron as written for Marvel as everything he writes turns to a dumpster fire of a mess. Thor and the X-men are proof of that.

I'd kill for another six issues of Weirdworld written by Jason Aaron with Mike del Mundo art.

-Pav, who misses Warbow...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details