Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Ed Norton slams MCU for bad script.

https://screenrant.com/edward-norton...t-marvel-shot/

So the story in a nutshell is, Ed Norton is a very a serious actor or tells himself he is one. He hated how marvel took away his acting talents in the film. he calls out marvel for lack of creativity also. its all there in that article.

''Norton was one of the many roasters at the Bruce Willis roast this past weekend and used the stage to call out Marvel for what he feels was a bad script for The Incredible Hulk. As shared by THR's Ryan Parker, Norton addressed his difficult behavior throughout the production process by saying, "I wanted a better script."
    Weird that he did this at a roast. Kind of in appropriate. For those that preferred him to Mark Ruffulo what's your take? He is not the first person to criticise MCU for bad scripts or poor story telling. Mickey Rouke had the same problems in Iron Man 2. David Finch has also called MCU out on this too.

It's good he left though since I can never imagine him playing Hulk in Thor 3 and Avengers. He could have had a heart attack. I think he may have found it too embarrassing like George Clooney in Batman and Robin.
    Last edited by Grindlelord; 07-16-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    https://screenrant.com/edward-norton...t-marvel-shot/

So the story in a nutshell is, Ed Norton is a very a serious actor or tells himself he is one. He hated how marvel took away his acting talents in the film. he calls out marvel for lack of creativity also. its all there in that article.

Weird that he did this at a roast. Kind of in appropriate. For those that preferred him to Mark Ruffulo what's your take? He is not the first person to criticise MCU for bad scripts or poor story telling. Mickey Rouke had the same problems in Iron Man 2. David Finch has also called MCU out on this too.

It's good he left though since I can never imagine him playing Hulk in Thor 3 and Avengers. He could have had a heart attack. I think he may have found it to embarrassing like George Clooney in Batman and Robin.
    Edward Norton was fine as Bruce. Ruffalo is just better and plays the "Nerd" type better. Incredible Hulk wasnt bad but it wasnt as good as most MCU movie either if you were gonna call out a MCU movie for having a bad script it would be Ironman 2,Incredible Hulk, or Thor 2. That said the fact Norton still isnt over it tells me hes still upset about talking his way out of the biggest pay day of his life

Comparing avengers and thor 3 to Batman and Robin is beyond silly. Also Idris Elba and Anthony Hopkins are in thor 3 and they aren't embarassed. Elba hated Thor 2 but that was because he had to do CGi heavy reshoots right after he finished spending months in Africa filming his Mendela movie. He was over it but happily came back two more times
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-16-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Boisterously Confused

I try to remember that nothing you hear out of Hollywood is probably the entire story, and all of it has probably been through somebody's spin filter. That said, Norton was reputed to be a difficult, and very self-important actor long before Marvel crossed his path.

Probably nothing more to it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Edward Norton was fine as Bruce. Ruffalo is just better and plays the "Nerd" type better. Incredible Hulk wasnt bad but it wasnt as good as most MCU movie either if you were gonna call out a MCU movie for having a bad script it would be Ironman 2,Incredible Hulk, or Thor 2. That said the fact Norton still isnt over it tells me hes still upset about talking his way out of the biggest pay day of his live.

Comparing avengers and thor 3 to Batman and Robin is beyond silly. Also Idris Elba and Anthony Hopkins are in thor 3 and they aren't embarassed. Elba hated Thor 2 but that was because he had to do CGi heavy reshoots right after he finished spending months in Africa filming his Mendela movie. He was over it but happily came back two more times
    Elba's biggest complaint these days is he didn't wait to get a bigger MCU role than Heimdall. I liked Incredible Hulk but Norton is also a pain in the backside on sets and is a bit of a control freak. The director of American History X famously wanted an Alan Smithee credit on the film over Norton's meddling. Also who know what'd his experience be like now that Disney gave Feige control and all the current directors praise the freedom he gives them to put their own stamp on the films. Perlmutter and the Marvel Committee in those days were meddling a lot Gunn said the Committee didn't want to ok the awesome tape mix because they didn't want to spend the money. Also Perlmutter wanted RDJ to have either a small or even no role in Civil War because he didn't want to pay him the big bucks.

Extraordinary Member

Norton was a superior Bruce Banner. Ruffalo is good for what Marvel wants. A likeable guy who will turn keep audiences cheery until the big Hulk our moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I try to remember that nothing you hear out of Hollywood is probably the entire story, and all of it has probably been through somebody's spin filter. That said, Norton was reputed to be a difficult, and very self-important actor long before Marvel crossed his path.

He has been slamming Marvel for years, He just did it so publicly this time that does come of an inappropriate, right message, wrong time. He was there to roast Bruce Willis but he went after marvel. I can only imagine the resentment he must have.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

That is the big thing right there. Every actor can be called "difficult" once or twice or just not get along with a director, but when you have a long standing reputation for it with multiple people it is usually on the actor themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That is the big thing right there. Every actor can be called "difficult" once or twice or just not get along with a director, but when you have a long standing reputation for it with multiple people it is usually on the actor themselves.
    Yea WESLEy Snipes was difficult one time.because he hated Goyer and they were trying to not pay him what he was owed. And people now call him difficult to work with. Norton has had this follow him for years across lots of movies. Then again so Has Bruce Willis and that's who they were roasting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Norton was a superior Bruce Banner. Ruffalo is good for what Marvel wants. A likeable guy who will turn keep audiences cheery until the big Hulk our moment.
    Cherry or in the words of Jokerz79 ''kidspool'' audiences such a shame since Ed could have been the next Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) or Christian Bale (Batman) , Though it does show not all comics films are the same as Marvel movies as Jokerz79 tried to tell me. cherry is not what I will use for Wolverine and Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    Cherry or in the words of Jokerz79 ''kidspool'' audiences such a shame since Ed could have been the next Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) or Christian Bale (Batman) , Though it does show not all comics films are the same as Marvel movies as Jokerz79 tried to tell me. cherry is not what I will use for Wolverine and Batman.
    There is absolutely nothing in this that makes sense nothing. Also they said Cheery not Cherry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    There is absolutely nothing in this that makes sense nothing. Also they said Cheery not Cherry.
    You told him that Ruffalo Banner was Kidspool? I'm so confused at the moment.

I think kidspool is in reference to an argument from the Fox-Disney thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    I think kidspool is in reference to an argument from the Fox-Disney thread.
    Never heard of the term until jokerz79 used this. usually I just thought it was some random story where Deadpool became a kid.
    Last edited by Grindlelord; 07-16-2018 at 02:25 PM.

I said the x-men films aren't as deep as he tries to play off that they're as deep as a kid's pool.

BANNED

Can I just say I am happy with the response so far. Some are even compassionate towards Ed. Not one person has said. Ed is bitter and he sucks, Mark is way better anyway. cool.

I do feel for Ed. Good comic actor in the wrong comic environment.