Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Holy cow I missed that. Honestly, nothing makes me happier to read this. I'll snap up this without question.
    Yes yes yes! I've been holding off on NM in hopes the trade would collect just the space story. Yes!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ugh. Bummer that Marauders is becoming a monthly book. Really enjoy that one. Look forward to the rest of the X books though!

So...where is Wolverine this month?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    It certainly seems a failure in marketing.

Want to introduce new characters?

Give them in their own book, and make them all look like they're just cheap knock offs of existing characters!
    and promote them in spite of the nearly 30 teen characthers to be used, saying they are the best ever and even have them get special treatment from the older mutants, yea...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    I don't know about this one, destroying London seems very on the nose at the moment. I can't help but see this as a reaction to Brexit. Once again using comics as an ideological punching bag, when the writer is unable to defeat their real-world political opponents.

Also, I see that X-Men is an Empyre tie-in. May just have to drop it from my pull list in April and resume it later, once all this Empyre nonsense has been flushed through the system.

I just hope Marauders delivers at least...
    The Mutant Magic/Otherworld/Krakoa stuff has had absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.
    Brexit started in June 2016 and will finally come to closure at the end of this month 2020. Tini Howard has only been writing Excalibur since 2019 and this issue #10, is solicited for April 2020.
    So...
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    and promote them in spite of the nearly 30 teen characthers to be used, saying they are the best ever and even have them get special treatment from the older mutants, yea...
    Gotta wonder if they’ll vanish into the ether when this book inevitably gets canned or if they’re going to be serving as our teen X-Men for the next few years before the next batch appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So...where is Wolverine this month?

BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • ADAM KUBERT (A/C)
    Variant Cover by TONY DANIEL
    VARIANT COVER BY ADAM KUBERT & GREG HILDEBRANDT
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY GERARDO ZAFFINO
    WOLVERINE DIGS IN!
    The Flower Cartel and the Pale Girl seem to be one step ahead of Wolverine, but he has a plan. It’s a risky gamble that will take him into the heart of a larger criminal conspiracy even as it puts many mutant lives at risk.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Gotta wonder if they’ll vanish into the ether when this book inevitably gets canned or if they’re going to be serving as our teen X-Men for the next few years before the next batch appears.
    nah they will disapear immediatly, i love vita but their creations wont carry any clout like for example bendis oc's, and since they arent even original no point in even remembering they exist
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-23-2020 at 03:44 PM.

"Krakoa and Britain at war"

Welp, so much for the "Betsy being Krakoa's ambassador" plot.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post

BENJAMIN PERCY (W) • ADAM KUBERT (A/C)
    Variant Cover by TONY DANIEL
    VARIANT COVER BY ADAM KUBERT & GREG HILDEBRANDT
    MARVEL ZOMBIES VARIANT COVER BY GERARDO ZAFFINO
    WOLVERINE DIGS IN!
    The Flower Cartel and the Pale Girl seem to be one step ahead of Wolverine, but he has a plan. It’s a risky gamble that will take him into the heart of a larger criminal conspiracy even as it puts many mutant lives at risk.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
    Dodging and taking bullets, my man!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

nah they will disapear immediatly, i love vita but her creations wont carry any clout like for example bendis oc's, and since they arent even original no point in even remembering they exist
    That really all depends on how well they resonate with the buying public as opposed to just this message board. Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, and Laura Kinney aren't all that original on the surface but through a number of factors ( including but not limited to decent writing, a push from above, and the right timing) have stuck around even though more original ( at least on the surface) characters have been largely forgotten - including some who have appeared in alternate media.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    It certainly seems a failure in marketing.

Want to introduce new characters?

Give them in their own book, and make them all look like they're just cheap knock offs of existing characters!
    That’s literally how the Young Avengers got started.

nah they will disapear immediatly, i love vita but her creations wont carry any clout like for example bendis oc's, and since they arent even original no point in even remembering they exist
    They. Them. Brah is it that hard???

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The Mutant Magic/Otherworld/Krakoa stuff has had absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.
    Brexit started in June 2016 and will finally come to closure at the end of this month 2020. Tini Howard has only been writing Excalibur since 2019 and this issue #10, is solicited for April 2020.
    So...
    To many the X-men have always been allegorical for somebody's politics and this history alone is enough to justify even the most heavy-handed messaging.. So it wouldn't surprise me if Excalibur is be is used now for a more personal agenda. How better to mock the British for their choices then by having the enlightened mutants set fire to London?

BANNED

the young avengers were the first, not the freaking fifth generation of mutants, i hope the book flops miserably to stop any future pitches of new teen mutants.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Where was these sollicitation got april revealed?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================