Page 88 of 149 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2233

At this point, Scott is nothing more than cameo king. Commander Cameo if you will

Right know Scott is being characterized above all from his more familiar approach, as a good father and good older brother. It reminds me of when Hickman wrote to 4Fs.

It makes me feel a little bit heartier to see him worry so much and give so much support to Kid Cable, Alex and Gabriel. It is clear that everything he does in Krakoa he does for his family and it will be very sad when everything falls apart (evil Vulcan, Havok with Maddie, Kid Cable vs Old Cable). It is beautiful but also somewhat sad how he tries to maintain at all costs the small oasis of happiness and stability that he has managed to form for the first time in his life.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's a far cry from his "stoic leader always ready for battle" schtick but I am absolutely loving this family-oriented side of him. It's refreshing and interesting.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    At this point, Scott is nothing more than cameo king. Commander Cameo if you will
    I was going more for Captain Cameo.

The only people who thinks Cyclops is a main character on this X-Men are the ones who aren't reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's a far cry from his "stoic leader always ready for battle" schtick but I am absolutely loving this family-oriented side of him. It's refreshing and interesting.
    It gives him more personal stakes. Like, you can see how he was willing to challenge the Quiet Council and Magneto to protect his little brother.

Scott has spent many years being the character that has to sacrifice his personal happiness in favor of the cause and it is an interesting change to see him take a step back in order to reconnect with his "human" side.

With the exception of Wolverine and Cable's solo books...no other standard X-Men character is a "Main Character" in any of these team books.

For the most part...X-Men is an ensemble book (as promoted) along with New Mutants.
    Marauders, Hellions, X-Force, Excalibur and now X-Factor are set teams but you can't say that any one character is driving the story and plot (although Kate did but is now dead and o--[A]--0 in Excalibur...for obvious reasons)

For the first time in a very long time I like that these books are about ALL the X-Men/Mutants and not just the daily struggles of a select few.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-29-2020 at 12:23 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yeah, except Cable and Wolverine I can't think that any series is really focused on any character. Marauders looked like "Kitty's book" but she died.

I think Emma has been driving the narrative over in Maraurders since Kitty's death. The book has become a cat and mouse game between she and Shaw. Apocalypse and Psylocke are the clear leads in Excalibur. Sunspot was for NM when Hickman was writing. Fallen Angels was a stealth Kwannon solo. X-Force is the one book that I think has done the best job with its ensemble cast
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-29-2020 at 12:41 PM.

X-Force have main characters, it's team book sure, but the characters that form the team are the focus of that book. Same for Excalibur, Marauders, Hellions and X-Factor.

These books may deal with larger issues about the new status quo, but change the characters who are in those teams and the story would not be the same. The whole Jean x Beast conflict would not be the same whith other characters, Wolverine dynamic with Quire that carries over from WaTX; the Shaw, Emma and Kate thing would not be the same.

Can any of you tell what of unique Cyclops have given to the X-Men story? Beside the poly stuff the most interesting thing about the character is that he is related to Vulcan, who actually seems to have some importance to the x-books.

Well, Cyclops gives the comic a unique narrative as it sees everything from a family point of view, as his family is the only stable one in Krakoa. He bridges different plots since he has connections that other characters do not. In the long run it is clear to me that for example the Vulcan thing is going to be more "how that affects Scott" than to Vulcan itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Well, Cyclops gives the comic a unique narrative as it sees everything from a family point of view, as his family is the only stable one in Krakoa. He bridges different plots since he has connections that other characters do not. In the long run it is clear to me that for example the Vulcan thing is going to be more "how that affects Scott" than to Vulcan itself.
    Id say the Guthries are fairly stable from what we saw. The siblings are as tight as ever

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I'm just not that optmistic. Have a feeling that we are seeing is what we are getting, not on a story level, I'm sure Hickman will weave an amazing story out of this, but on a character leve, on it comes to Cyclops, this is probably the norm.

Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Id say the Guthries are fairly stable from what we saw. The siblings are as tight as ever
    True, but Sam doesn't have the same connections Scott does. Scott works like a Swiss Army Knife, you can put him in almost any situation is need.

He may not be the leader of his own team of X-Men (as some would have hoped) but he has obviously added value to the "cameos" he given. And he features prominently in HiX-Man's X-Men though not in the same capacity to which some have been accustomed. Clearly...milages vary on that point.

As Captain Commander he obviously plays a vital role (one not yet explored) and seems quite happy with his current lot.
    Personally, I think he's quite enjoying not having the weight of the X-Men resting on his shoulders for a change.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I'm relatively new to the X-Men comics. I'm currently reading the original 1963 Uncanny X-Men (at issue #16 now), Bendis' All-New X-Men and Fraction's Uncanny X-Men. I've already read the solo Cyclops comics when he was in space which was a really great read. Hopefully, there's a continuation to that. I've ordered Whedon's and Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men, and Bendis' Avengers vs X-Men, and I can't wait to read them. A lot of Cyke content to dig in and enjoy while I still can before I catch up with the current ongoing issues.