Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Batman: The Adventure Continues

Batman: The Animated Series returns in comic format for a continuation penned by Paul Dini and Alan Burnett with pencils by Ty Templeton.

The series will introduce Jason Todd, Azrael, and Deathstroke to the animated continuity.

I don't really care for this type of project usually, but that creative team really catches my attention. If the series does well, I may end up buying the collected edition
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Colour me very excited . Looking forward to it.

Mighty Member

I'm really interested in this. I'm actually curious if they will make ANY references to some of the comics that were based on the show or if they will ignore them. Especially concerning the Red Hood and how Jason Todd will fit into any of it.

If it wasn't for the creators I wouldn't even give this a second glance....loved the cartoon (not much of a cartoon guy, but that was a good show) but comic adaptations rarely are as enjoyable.

But I might have to check this one out. Especially if Nightwing plays a solid role.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If it wasn't for the creators I wouldn't even give this a second glance....loved the cartoon (not much of a cartoon guy, but that was a good show) but comic adaptations rarely are as enjoyable.

But I might have to check this one out. Especially if Nightwing plays a solid role.
    I think it really depends on the creative team. This is a top notch creative team, and in the 90s/2000s, we had Kelley Puckett and Rick Burchett, another top notch team. Sholly Fisch is another person I'd tend to trust with this project. A bunch of others, though? Not so much. And honestly, I wouldn't even trust Bruce Timm anymore, after Batman and Harley Quinn and The Killing Joke.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I have immense faith in Paul Dini and Alan Burnett to be able to deliver a worthwhile continuation.

Liked the cartoon and so am curious about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'm really interested in this. I'm actually curious if they will make ANY references to some of the comics that were based on the show or if they will ignore them. Especially concerning the Red Hood and how Jason Todd will fit into any of it.
    Not so familiar with the DCAU tie-in comics, but it was kinda my understanding that each series did its own thing?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Liked the cartoon and so am curious about this.

Not so familiar with the DCAU tie-in comics, but it was kinda my understanding that each series did its own thing?
    The different series did for the most part. They were mainly stand alone stories like the cartoon with the exception of Batman Adventures which had a bit more serialization. The thing that makes me wonder about it is mainly Templeton being there (though I suppose that could mean nothing).

I REALLY wonder about what they will do with Jason due to Tim in the DCAU basically was Jason...right down to Joker forever tainting his life.

A story with a Batfamily that's not a hot ass mess!? Color me interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    The different series did for the most part. They were mainly stand alone stories like the cartoon with the exception of Batman Adventures which had a bit more serialization. The thing that makes me wonder about it is mainly Templeton being there (though I suppose that could mean nothing).

I REALLY wonder about what they will do with Jason due to Tim in the DCAU basically was Jason...right down to Joker forever tainting his life.
    I'm really curious about it. I have high expectations actually. I wonder what they will do with Jason this time, given the many marks and traits that they can't follow with him because of DCAU Tim own story and background.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I wouldn't even trust Bruce Timm anymore, after Batman and Harley Quinn and The Killing Joke.
    Batman & Harley was a fantastic cartoon, what are you talking about?

It was just weird and off kilter and not at all like the old DCAU. But I've never understood why so many here dislike that show; I found it to be tons of fun, and much smarter than it might appear at first glance.

But then, I have a twisted and dark and weird sense of humor......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't know about those two movies, but Gashlight was pretty good. I just wished both animation and art direction were better, but still. Was that one produced by Timm too?

Introducing 1000 Robins? That takes away from what made TNA era good. What's even the point then why not just tell modern Batman stories? smh
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member

Batman & Harley was a fantastic cartoon, what are you talking about?

It was just weird and off kilter and not at all like the old DCAU. But I've never understood why so many here dislike that show; I found it to be tons of fun, and much smarter than it might appear at first glance.

But then, I have a twisted and dark and weird sense of humor......
    I guess I have a similar sense of humor because I liked Batman & Harley too.