Default Bart Allen and Conner Kent

I'm just curious...are the current versions of Bart and Kon that are appearing in Bendis's Young Justice at all the same characters that appeared in the New 52 Teen Titans?

Because Tim seems to be the same Tim, Cassie the same Cassie...and lots of others are the same as the New 52...but Bart and Kon seem to be from prior to the New 52. Actually, they don't even seem to be the same versions as just prior to the New 52 but rather slightly younger, more similar to the 90s versions of those characters.

So if they aren't the same characters as the New 52 Bart and Kon, then who exactly were the New 52 versions of those characters?

No they are not the same versions, the Kon and Bart in Young Justice are the pre-flashpoint versions.

Bart in New 52 was actually revealed to be an entirely different person, Bar-torr, a futuristic criminal terrorist who was sent back to the past as punishment for his crimes. I believe he’s a villain now. But it was not the real Bart.

New 52 Kon was...well a mess. I believe they revealed that he was a clone of an alternate Jon Kent, and then the evil alternate Jon Kent replaced him and then I think both versions died.

You want to know the honest truth, after DC decided to return characters back to their pre-flashpoint selves or at least a close approximation they either changed the character through writing (Green Arrow and Supergirl), actual universe changes (Superman), and ignoring what happened before and hoping you don’t question it. They did that last one to characters like Martian Manhunter and it’s what they are doing with Bart and Conner. To some it’s better to ignore then to explain the odd difference in character.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-01-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I'm just curious...are the current versions of Bart and Kon that are appearing in Bendis's Young Justice at all the same characters that appeared in the New 52 Teen Titans?

Because Tim seems to be the same Tim, Cassie the same Cassie...and lots of others are the same as the New 52...but Bart and Kon seem to be from prior to the New 52. Actually, they don't even seem to be the same versions as just prior to the New 52 but rather slightly younger, more similar to the 90s versions of those characters.

So if they aren't the same characters as the New 52 Bart and Kon, then who exactly were the New 52 versions of those characters?
    they're both post crisis bart and connor and they both are post final crisis version not younger. Bart knows Barry alive and connor was shown to be in high school in smallville before he went to gem world. as for the new 52 version dc is pulling a guza as in it never happen.

Conner apparently has amnesia. In tomorrow's Action Comics (preview here), Clark asks him where he came from, and he said he doesn't know because he was little. That's completely wrong. He was never a child, he woke up already a teenager. And he should know perfectly well he was created by Cadmus. He even worked for them! It's like the Hawaii Superboy era has been erased. Conner should remember it (as well as Bart and Tim, since Bart is also from pre-Flashpoint and Tim got his memory restored by Zatanna) even if nobody else does.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ugh, it all sounds like such a mess!

It sounds like retcon is about to happen. It's possible he and Bart are about to be folded in to this earth's history. Are plans of another crisis still going on?

Yeah that’s kind of what happens when you remove characters from a universe and then attempt to reintroduce them in a universe that has been fundamentally changed in significant ways since they were last around. But people like me enjoy these characters and are just glad to have them back hence why I read Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    It sounds like retcon is about to happen. It's possible he and Bart are about to be folded in to this earth's history. Are plans of another crisis still going on?
    I would look to Snyder’s Death Metal, he’s been talking about the various crisis, Superboy prime, Zero Hour, Doomsday Clock, and setting a stable timeline/continuity. Though not sure what it will end up looking like.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

It's always been a mess. Or rather, it's been a bit of a mess since they started introducing multiple Earths. Then it was a different mess after Crisis on Infinite Earths. Then a slightly different mess following Zero Hour. And yet a different one following Infinite Crisis. Then still a different one since Flashpoint. Anyway, the point is that it's usually a mess, but whether or not you can deal with it or not depends on how fast you can get used to the current mess.