Page 21 of 120 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Like I said in the other thread, whether or not I can get behind this if they provide a solid motivator for joining with the Magistare.

He’s clearly not enjoying his life (or much of anything really) in the FS: RH story so I doubt he’s going full on super villian again.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Any new fanfic recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Any new fanfic recommendations?
    I have a few. Give me a few minutes and I'll post some links .

Edit: there we go.

in nebraska, you can still be happy by @ijustmightwing. It's the first main entry of a series. It's short but well written. I liked it. It's also JayRoy pure shipping. And mature with explicit content.

Blood Ties, by @iselsis. It's says it's from a Vampire AU, but it really is its won thing. The other works are by other writers and are not exactly connected to this one. It's pretty gen, has no ships. It's short and a nice read.

Minefield is an ongoing series of connected short stories by @coyote_nebula. Not all are Jason-centric, but most of them are. I recommend Harvest in especial. It's pretty good. Teen aimed, no ships; but some of the depicted themes are heavy.

to the red planet Mars by @r_astra is almost finished. It's an angst feast, but it's been a great read so far. No ships, but it's definitely late teen towards mature by the themes treated (and the graphic that the writing gets to be sometimes).

Some Cupid Kills with Arrows, by @poisonivory. A great read, to be honest. It's a bit of a mix of different canons, but it's respectful to all the characters as far as I know. It's teen targeted, and it's JayRoy shipping again.

In for a Pound, by @Cdelphiki, has probably been mentioned before already. But just in case, this series is a nice AU story with child Jason and the other batkids being adopted by a far, better Bruce under different circumstances. An enjoyable read, still ongoing.

Form 23-C: Application For A New Roommate, by @Moxibustion (RyuuzaKochou). It's old, but I found this one recommended in the comments a similar fic and it was definitely worth the search and try. JayTim ship, teen aimed. With a civilian Tim and a moving on Red Hood Jason. Very enjoyable.

The 70 Days After Groundhog Day, by @Ptelea. To be honest, I don't remember much about this one. But I saved it with a Rec mark, so it's probably safe to say that it was fun, satisfying and/or enjoyable enough to win my heart. It's teen aimed, and it's marked as no shipping.

More later.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-06-2021 at 06:47 AM.

Following on my previous and edited post (there's a bunch of links to look at up there), more works to check out.

Flesh, by @tori1116. Another old work I found by chance. Mature aimed, with a RoyJay ship. It's a fun read, but also a nice drama. I liked it a lot. Jason is a priest. Roy is a vampire. Misunderstandings happen. Violence too. And quips.

Furor, by @envysparkler. It's an interesting premise that makes for a interesting read. It's not an angst feast, but it's a sad story. No ships (duh), but I would say it's more mature than teen aimed.

Moving Target, by @Toobizi. Still ongoing, but regularly updated. It's mature aimed, with some eventual explicit content. I like it a lot, even if it's a bit too angsty. It's JayDick shipping, but a really slow burn.

All Good Things, by @pudding_bretzel. Still ongoing, and it seems to be on a hiatus. But I think you guys may like it. Teen aimed, no ships.

Blank Slate, by @Stablemonkey. Still ongoing. It's Dick-centric, but Jason has a prominent role that you could say it's almost a co-protagonist. An alternate story for the Ric Grayson arc that's been pretty enjoyable so far. Middle to late Teen aimed, no ships.

Dreams From the Sargasso, by @RivetingFabrications. This one is ongoing and hasn't updated in a while. But has a lot of content to it and it's so good, that I need to mention it. It's a pirate AU, with some heavy stuff on it that puts it into the very mature territory. JayTim left and right, and it's Tim-centric. And Jason is a jerkass. But, it's a really good read so far.

Give Thanks to Broken Bones, by @thepartyresponsible. MCU (marvel movies)/DC Comics crossover, still ongoing. Updates quite regularly. I wasn't expecting it to be something I would enjoy, but look at that! I do, a lot actually. It's pretty nice, even when the pairing is rare as heck. So far mature, but without explicit content. Tony Stark/Jason shipping: rare, I said.

Ports Bakery, by @RedStarfish. Still ongoing, updates regularly. It's really Tim-centric with a civilian Jason in a main role. It's a comfy read, with some drama on it. It says general audiences in the tags, but I would say it's teen aimed. It also doesn't have ships so far, but it gives some JayTim vibe sometimes.

Time Bomb Town, by @Moxibustion (RyuuzaKochou). I haven't finished my read of this one (yet), but I liked it a ton up until where I stopped. It's an interesting steampunk? cyberpunk? Errr... Whatever the setting is, it's interesting. It's an AU drama with superpowered bats and a heavy and dark atmosphere. Definitely mature despite the tag in the work. JayTim shipping, and did I say it's heavy in the drama? It is. Probably a good read all the way to the end.

And that's all from me! The remaining works either haven't been updated "lately", or have been already posted, or are just so-so, or are just too new to have a lot of content to read. Or I missed them. Or I didn't like them.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 02-06-2021 at 06:52 AM.

Amazing Member

I don’t know about another Red Hood mini series in Anthology...

Man i just hope je gets his freaking solo back after Urban Legends.

I’m much more excited for Zdarsky’s run on Red Hood. It could lay an interesting ground for a solo after that! Let’s hope.

Surprised Zaresh didn't mention these;

Earth 132 A series of interconnected stories that has a basis in the main comics canon, but with a number of notable differences. Very Jason centric, but also includes the wider DCU as well. Canonical shippings.

When Sanity Runs Out Roy and Jason, while Starfire is off looking at something else, touch something they shouldn't have and get dragged into Star Wars the Clone Wars series. From there, they run into the clone army, a Jedi with a propensity for one-liners, the Council that promises to help them how they can to get home, an up and coming dual-wielding Padawan, a Jedi Knight inching closer to the Dark Side, war, politics, and a secret plot. A good read, and canonical shippings.

Red X A series of stories that explore the mystery of the second Red X if he were Jason Todd. From the time he steals the suit, to his ventures away from the Titans. It borrows a bit from cannon, as well as from things that should have occurred in cannon, but never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Surprised Zaresh didn't mention these;

Earth 132 A series of interconnected stories that has a basis in the main comics canon, but with a number of notable differences. Very Jason centric, but also includes the wider DCU as well. Canonical shippings.

When Sanity Runs Out Roy and Jason, while Starfire is off looking at something else, touch something they shouldn't have and get dragged into Star Wars the Clone Wars series. From there, they run into the clone army, a Jedi with a propensity for one-liners, the Council that promises to help them how they can to get home, an up and coming dual-wielding Padawan, a Jedi Knight inching closer to the Dark Side, war, politics, and a secret plot. A good read, and canonical shippings.

Red X A series of stories that explore the mystery of the second Red X if he were Jason Todd. From the time he steals the suit, to his ventures away from the Titans. It borrows a bit from cannon, as well as from things that should have occurred in cannon, but never did.
    "When Sanity" was one we mentioned a few weeks back, when we were talking about the star wars crossovers. Or I think we did. Good read, a lot of fun and with a nice plot that's slowly building up.
    The other two, honestly passed under my radar. I'm not very much into the TT universes; so I tend to skip the Red X fics. And the Earth-132 one didn't draw my interest for some reason. But I'm adding both to my lists to give them a try now. Thanks, as usual .

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

@Zaresh and @Jackalope89: Thank you for all the recommendations.
    I guess 2021 will be a fanfiction year for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM – RED HOOD HUNTS THE BAT-FAMILY FOR THE MAGISTRATE IN THIS ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES!

Presumably this is an anthology type series with Jason only starring in the first arc.
    What a click-bait title. It says that he is hunting the batfamily, but the article says that he is only hunting the new Batman.

I can't say I'm interested because I'm not impressed with FS, but I will wait before I make any judgment.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Stephen Oyoung talks about portraying Jason in the Gotham Knights video game.

"The team at WB Montreal is doing everything they can to make Red Hood as dynamic a character as possible. He's not a one note guy," Stephen explained before teasing a deep dive into Jason Todd. "We all know Jason's backstory, his anger, his disappointments, his pain. So the temptation is just to lean super heavy into that. But there's more to him. That's been super fun to play with."

"As far as Arkham Knight, that portrayal is iconic. I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm not influenced by it. I think about it a lot. But at the end of the day I don't think anyone wants a copy of someone else's performance, no matter how close it is. I think I have a realistic base in my action-performing/ stunt background, so I try to bring that kind of energy to the scenarios. Basically this is just a long way of saying I'm trying to steal what's great from Arkham Knight and bring some of my own flavor to it!"

"Without getting into too much trouble I can say the writing team is phenomenal! They're finding ways to surprise you. Again, we're all hyper aware of bringing out the humanity in our Jason and making him as emotionally nuanced and dynamic as possible while still honoring his painful past." However, that doesn't mean we won't get some action! "And yes, he's handy with guns!"

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Is a bit depressing that what can possibly be the best take of Jason in the foreseeable future comes from a videogame and not from one of the comics he'll be in.

Speaking of, from Bleeding Cool

I understand that in March, DC Comics will publish a comic that will create a similar scene for the Infinite Frontier continuity. That will see Red Hood commit an act of cold-blooded murder against someone who he believes deserves it. Someone who is cruel, psychopathic, indifferent to the well being of others including children – and who infuriates Jason Todd, but who is not a direct murderer. Not an immediate threat. Jason Todd is judge, jury and executioner.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jaso...nite-frontier/

Is obviously Urban Legends but still, meh.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 02-06-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Is a bit depressing that what can possibly be the best take of Jason in the foreseeable future comes from a videogame and not from one of the comics he'll be in.

Speaking of, from Bleeding Cool

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jaso...nite-frontier/

Is obviously Urban Legends but still, meh.
    Video games are powerful
    They revived Harley Quinn

Jason is starring in the first issue of Batman: Urban Legends, cool. But what I'd really appreciate is if they gave him his old Rebirth suit back. This Mortal Kombat suit should never have stuck around.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Jason is starring in the first issue of Batman: Urban Legends, cool. But what I'd really appreciate is if they gave him his old Rebirth suit back. This Mortal Kombat suit should never have stuck around.
    That's the majority's opinion, it really is baffling they've clung to that costume like this.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Red Hood Outlaw 52 would of been a perfectly fine place to leave the MK outfit and move onto to something new (or old depending on their choice). With his FS suit being what it is and FS apparently being a thing that won’t end this month it seems like it’s not going anywhere any time soon.