Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I've tried to make a habit of staying away from twitter and political youtube channels on weekends. Being aware of what's happening in the world is a good thing, but there is such a thing as being too absorbed, which wreaks havoc on someone's mental well-being.
    I do this, too, but largely stay away from social media during the weekend.

It's good to know your triggers (for me personally).
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

As for the drinking. If there is AA group in your area I encourage you to reach out. They have helped me a lot over the years and still do. They are a big heavy on the higher power front but they really do want to help people. A lot of places are not having meetings in person but here at least there is a number you can call and they will set you up with people to talk to.

On this particular aspect...

Someone I know had to attend meetings as a part of DUI sentencing(and eventually being eligible to drive again...) While not one for meetings, this person did get a lot out of on older fellow who was a part of the meetings talking about maintaining his sobriety.

Long story short, I wouldn't rule out getting something you might not expect out of meetings.

Along the lines of the post in the quote, even just potentially getting to speak to someone about your particular situation could help.

Obviously, this assumes that meetings are not already a part of the equation.

If they are not, maybe just think over giving them a chance.

It's just depression for me lol

Not a good morning at all. I am a damn mess. As many of you know I am a caretaker for my disabled father. he was taken to the hospital last night and was admitted. he has covid. He is high risk and I am super worried. I had to leave the hospital because of Covid rules. I just do not know what I am going to do if anything happens to him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Not a good morning at all. I am a damn mess. As many of you know I am a caretaker for my disabled father. he was taken to the hospital last night and was admitted. he has covid. He is high risk and I am super worried. I had to leave the hospital because of Covid rules. I just do not know what I am going to do if anything happens to him.
    I hope you stay safe and your dad gets well soon.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I hope you stay safe and your dad gets well soon.
    Thank you. Things may not be as bad as I feared. My dad had a second rapid test at the doctors orders because he was unsure if it is covid. It came back negative. The doctor is saying it is a raspatory infection. Theyd id a normal test and are just waiting on the results.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Thank you. Things may not be as bad as I feared. My dad had a second rapid test at the doctors orders because he was unsure if it is covid. It came back negative. The doctor is saying it is a raspatory infection. Theyd id a normal test and are just waiting on the results.
    Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Fingers crossed.
    Thank you. I am a bit of a mess. A positive test then negative. I have no idea what is going on. My aunt went to her daughters for a few days. (I am enjoying that quiet) But in the 6 years I have been out of prison and living with my dad I have not been alone in my house overnight but 3 times in all that time. I am not used to being a lone and I am kinda of freaking out.

Thank you. I am a bit of a mess. A positive test then negative. I have no idea what is going on. My aunt went to her daughters for a few days. (I am enjoying that quiet) But in the 6 years I have been out of prison and living with my dad I have not been alone in my house overnight but 3 times in all that time. I am not used to being a lone and I am kinda of freaking out.
    If it's something you need to discuss in thread, I will be out for a bit this evening. Other than that, I should be around. Maybe not all that helpful, but around.

If it's something you need to discuss in thread, I will be out for a bit this evening. Other than that, I should be around. Maybe not all that helpful, but around.
    Thank you that means a lot. I have been keeping busy reading comics and lurking on here. It is odd. before I went to prison I lived with a partner. Then I went to prison and was around 160 guys in my dorm every day. Then after prison to the half way house for 7 months. Then my dad the last 6 years. When ever he goes to visit my sister over night my aunt would be here. And before she moved in my friend would come stay the night. Neither of them is available right now sadly. I have not spent more then 4 nights alone in 11 years. its odd but I dont know how to handle that at all. I forgot what it is like to be by myself.
    Last edited by babyblob; 02-03-2021 at 06:53 PM.

Thank you that means a lot. I have been keeping busy reading comics and lurking on here. It is odd. before I went to prison I lived with a partner. Then I went to prison and was around 160 guys in my dorm every day. Then after prison to the half way house for 7 months. Then my dad the last 6 years. When ever he goes to visit my sister over night my aunt would be here. And before she moved in my friend would come stay the night. Neither of them is available right now sadly. I have not spent more then 4 nights alone in 11 years. its odd but I dont know how to handle that at all. I forgot what it is like to be by myself.
    While I don't really bring it up a whole lot, my dad passed last year.

Before he passed, I had been living with him to help keep an eye on him after a pretty close call in 2016.

I'd suspect that I have some idea of what you mean about not knowing how to handle the sudden shift into it just being you somewhere.

It's certainly been an adjustment for me.

Anyhow, will probably be around occasionally if you just need to talk that part of it over a bit.

All that said, some degree of trying to not focus on the oddity of it is something I'd advise. Maybe try to balance your focus being elsewhere with your focus being on that.

Again, fingers crossed.

While I don't really bring it up a whole lot, my dad passed last year.

Before he passed, I had been living with him to help keep an eye on him after a pretty close call in 2016.

I'd suspect that I have some idea of what you mean about not knowing how to handle the sudden shift into it just being you somewhere.

It's certainly been an adjustment for me.

Anyhow, will probably be around occasionally if you just need to talk that part of it over a bit.

All that said, some degree of trying to not focus on the oddity of it is something I'd advise. Maybe try to balance your focus being elsewhere with your focus being on that.

Again, fingers crossed.
    I am very sorry to hear about your father. And thank you for responding. it makes it easier to come here and talk to people. And I think I am setting a record for how many comics i cane read in one night lol.

How's everything going the last 2 days?

Boisterously Confused

Sending you the best hopes BB.

Thank you guys for asking. I love that the people on this site are very friendly towards each other and we legit care about each others wellbeing. I didnt notice that you did until now. Sorry for the late reply. my dad does not have covid. huge weight off my shoulders. he does have a respiratory infection but the doctor thinks he will get over that pretty quickly. Well as quickly as one can.

I have been pretty scared around the house on my own. Went nuts last night and pushed my sofa in front of my front door because I was worried about people breaking in. But I have been keeping busy. I think I have read every post on this boards lol. And I have been reading comics like mad cray. I am at 60+ issues for this month. Other then eating and showering I have been reading. my shrink said I need a more healthy way of dealing with my fears and problems as an addiction is not healthy. but there are worse things to do then go nuts on comics I think.

DrnewGod how are you doing? Are you still distressed by watching the news? have you found a way to help deal with that?