Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Earth is free to make it's own declaration as the capital if they so choose to accept the consequences as well. Whether they know it or not big things are on the way to the sol system and if world leaders want to get together and make their own declaration i don't see anything stopping them or anyone forcing them to recognize Mar's as the capital of Sol. If outside civilizations choose to accept that as fact or the Shiar spread the word etc, that simply shows that instead of focusing on mutants in their backyard, humans should have been focusing on threats in the galaxy.
    Arakki being the capitol of Sol is a wise move I’m more referring to the Regent thing. I know about Nova being Earth’s representative to the galactic council and I wouldn’t be surprised if Earth’s world governments knew about that and accepted it not because he is human, but because of his experience. Though Krakoa claiming they can speak for him without getting his consent as of know is yet to be seen, but should they have not talked to him or others about who can speak for all of Sol on his or others behalf is wrong and filled with hubris.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh but I don't think they are ever going back to the status quo would be a big backlash if they do. Though it looks like there are some krakoa haters here there are MANY MANY MORE fans who are happy with the fact that the mutants are just done giving and F about pleasing humans and are putting themselves first. Hickman was brought in to build back up the prominence of the mutants to what it once was the premiere marvel team before avengers 2011 movie came out. Since the mutants are coming to the MCU I doubt Disney or marvel would want to diminish them but hey like I said that remains to be seen.
    i also hope they don't just go back to the mansion when this is done but hickmans also set up a reset button in moira with a potential 11 life. i dont want the era to end yet, for the most part im enjoying what i still read.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    If giving yourself the title of Regent of Sol without getting consent from even your closest allies isn’t over stepping your bounds what is? It’s one thing to give people a knew home and a place for diplomatic visits. It’s another to publicly declare yourself as ruler of an entire solar system. The supremacy kicks in when you assume authority over others and never asked them you just take it.
    I like this statement from supernatural when they ask the archangels why they do what they do they simply state no one gives them the right they simply took it. If humanity could achieve it they would have done it. They can't and Reed, BP, Bruce...etc won't help them. They have bigger things to think about than fufiling humanities ambition and greed. Doom would have taken it for himself and done exactly that. What the muatnts did wasn't hubris, when america says they are the most powerful nation on earth they mean it because it is true. You can't be arrogant about something that just is. I agree the supremacy talk is cringy but aside magneto and a few others the mutants as a whole do not see humans as beneath them. Storm has never stated that man is less than her eventhough she is not only an omega level mutant but also a goddess. The supremacy talk is magneto's way of trying to let the race know that the propaganda that the humans fed them all their lives that they are less than that they are inferior was false. Like cyclops said how long should they sit there and take it. Its almost as if you people enjoy mutant misery and pain like muatnts should never evolve past their school and constant threat of genocide.
    I love seeing them thrive yh the supremacy talk is cringy but they are generally trying to help humanity as a whole with their drugs, refugee programs, relief programs and so on. They even give drugs to people on nations who do not recognize their autonomy, that's why the black market was created by the hell fire trading company in the first place.

I stated earlier for decades humanity did not just make decisions with mutants absent but made decisions about the very lives of the mutants themselves, weather they had worth or not. That power is no longer in their hands they can't dictate the life of a mutant anymore so hence they are bitter and trying to end the entire race again. Weather they consent to it or not is irrelevant if aliens want to ignore that they can go deal with earth directly leaving the mutants to be on mars, I have a feeling the kree/skrull would do exactly that.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 06-18-2021 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    As for the "Supremacist" thing.
    on the 17th of june, little Timmy is a 14 year old human child - he can't go visit the incredible bio-technological marvel that is Krakoa, can't enjoy it's advanced technology, and is doomed to eventually die sooner or later.
    Then the next morning, on the 18th of june, little Timmy wakes up and discovers, through no choice or fault of his own, that he's got a pair of horns jutting out of his skull - he can now go live in the mutant utopia, enjoy all it's splendors, and is guaranteed immortality.

What changed between the 17th and 18th of june that brought about this amazing change in Timmy's status ?
    He went to sleep a human, and woke up a mutant - and that's it.
    And because he now suddenly is a mutant - he deserves better then he did the night before, when he was just a human.
    What changed is that Timmy will now be targeted and hunted by evil humans. Timmy doesn't deserve that.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely...

I'd say that this is looking at it from the wrong side.

It is not about what he "Deserves..."

It is about affording him the potential future access to a place where he might be safe in a world where Orchis was literally just recruiting and even more determined.
    Exactly.

The mutants have been running and fighting for so long. They finally have time to create and look what they've done. They've increased their medicine production and have placed some of the oldest, best fighters of their kind in a position to defend against galactic threats. They brought life to a dead planet and created a space that could be used for diplomatic discussion.

They even provided valet.

Rest assured, beings from all over the cosmos will be excited to check out the new digs.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    If Krakoa itself wasn't a place humans can't go to, you'd have a point.
    I'm guessing humans aren't allowed on Mars either

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Like cyclops said how long should they sit there and take it. Its almost as if you people enjoy mutant misery and pain like muatnts should never evolve past their school and constant threat of genocide
    There's plenty of room between "sitting there and taking it" and "declaring themselves kings and sovereign rulers of the planet"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i also hope they don't just go back to the mansion when this is done but hickmans also set up a reset button in moira with a potential 11 life. i dont want the era to end yet, for the most part im enjoying what i still read.
    I know it's soo good and it freeing to know the mutants have evolved past being victims. Being mutant is a symbol of pride for many who aren't marginalized in real life it can be difficult to understand. But when you decide you as you are are enough that self love gives you a power that transcends all reason. That's what the mutants have that's what they have, are and going to achieve. More is yet to come and Hickman said that storms arc would be about two years I doubt after what he does with her and the mutant race they can change that. But I like you am also enjoying this era.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    There's plenty of room between "sitting there and taking it" and "declaring themselves kings and sovereign rulers of the planet"
    They didn't declare themselves filers of the planet earth. They do not need it hence why Mars was reformed. Humans can keep the earth mutants can make plenty more. They simply sated that the solar system is under their protection and juristidiction and they are the superpower of the region. I also doubt they would leave humans out of decision making.... Like I said wait till the book comes out before speculating we do not even know who the Sol regent is just hints and implications.

I like this statement from supernatural when they ask the archangels why they do what they do they simply state no one gives them the right they simply took it. If humanity could achieve it they would have done it. They can't and Reed, BP, Bruce...etc won't help them. They have bigger things to think about than fufiling humanities ambition and greed. Doom would have taken it for himself and done exactly that. What the muatnts did wasn't hubris, when america says they are the most powerful nation on earth they mean it because it is true. You can't be arrogant about something that just is. I agree the supremacy talk is cringy but aside magneto and a few others the mutants as a whole do not see humans as beneath them. Storm has never stated that man is less than her eventhough she is not only an omega level mutant but also a goddess. The supremacy talk is magneto's way of trying to let the race know that the propaganda that the humans fed them all their lives that they are less than that they are inferior was false. Like cyclops said how long should they sit there and take it. Its almost as if you people enjoy mutant misery and pain like muatnts should never evolve past their school and constant threat of genocide.
    I love seeing them thrive yh the supremacy talk is cringy but they are generally trying to help humanity as a whole with their drugs, refugee programs, relief programs and so on. They even give drugs to people on nations who do not recognize their autonomy, that's why the black market was created by the hell fire trading company in the first place.

I stated earlier for decades humanity did not just make decisions with mutants absent but made decisions about the very lives of the mutants themselves, weather they had worth or not. That power is no longer in their hands they can't dictate the life of a mutant anymore so hence they are bitter and trying to end the entire race again. Weather they consent to it or not is irrelevant if aliens want to ignore that they can go deal with earth directly leaving the mutants to be on mars, I have a feeling the kree/skrull would do exactly that.
    You keep referring to humans as a whole group when it’s individuals who also support mutant rights. So because a powerful who abused their station and dictate people’s lives that gives mutants the right to do that to all those humans and non-human/mutants on the scale of a solar system by not getting their consent as to how they are to be represented or have a say in who is their regent. I’d assume you wouldn’t want to at least have a vote on such matters instead of that person being unilaterally picked.

BANNED

Arakki being the capitol of Sol is a wise move I’m more referring to the Regent thing. I know about Nova being Earth’s representative to the galactic council and I wouldn’t be surprised if Earth’s world governments knew about that and accepted it not because he is human, but because of his experience. Though Krakoa claiming they can speak for him without getting his consent as of know is yet to be seen, but should they have not talked to him or others about who can speak for all of Sol on his or others behalf is wrong and filled with hubris.
    Yh but what gives him the right though. Did he ask every human being on earth before becoming their representative? If he didn't his position is also one of hubris or that only applies to the mutants.
    Listen arako is the capitol of Sol the one who rules arrako is the ruler of Sol. The regent rules arrako hence the regent rules sol. Hell we don't even know if the regent rules or just keeps the peace look at the assumptions we are making here.
    Also on Nova, I doubt he has more experience than Abigail in matters of galactic affairs this move wasn't a magneto move it was Abigail's idea. She said they have to speak for Sol and magneto took that advise. Because galactic civilizations dont think in terms of planets or island they think interms of systems. So if you have beef with this move look at Abigail not magneto or the quiet council...and I doubt Nova transcends Abigail in knowledge when it comes to galactic politics.

BANNED

You keep referring to humans as a whole group when it’s individuals who also support mutant rights. So because a powerful who abused their station and dictate people’s lives that gives mutants the right to do that to all those humans and non-human/mutants on the scale of a solar system by not getting their consent as to how they are to be represented or have a say in who is their regent. I’d assume you wouldn’t want to at least have a vote on such matters instead of that person being unilaterally picked.
    Bruh have you read marauders 21 I am not referring to humanity as a whole the diplomats are. Yes there are those who support the mutants the mutants do have human family whom they adore. Kyle lives in krakoa as a citizen and can come and go as he pleases. There are islands where humans who are refugees get to stay in comfort. They don't hate humans they just don't care about their approval. That is what you guys don't seem to get they don't care about human approval anymore. Whether human like it or not they did what they did. If a galactic power doesn't like it they can choose to go deal with the avengers back on earth and that's exactly what the skrull and kree would do given their relationship to the scarlet witch and her son. The other galactic powers do not care, mysterium an immeasurably priceless artifact is in the possession of the mutants I doubt snarks, shiar, and other powers would pass up an opportunity to deal with those who wields it. And the regent which looks to be storm would be wielding this material almost exclusively. So that gives them galactic leverage over the earth in inter galactic politics.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 06-18-2021 at 06:07 AM.

Yh but what gives him the right though. Did he ask every human being on earth before becoming their representative? If he didn't his position is also one of hubris or that only applies to the mutants.
    Listen arako is the capitol of Sol the one who rules arrako is the ruler of Sol. The regent rules arrako hence the regent rules sol. Hell we don't even know if the regent rules or just keeps the peace look at the assumptions we are making here.
    Also on Nova, I doubt he has more experience than Abigail in matters of galactic affairs this move wasn't a magneto move it was Abigail's idea. She said they have to speak for Sol and magneto took that advise. Because galactic civilizations dont think in terms of planets or island they think interms of systems. So if you have beef with this move look at Abigail not magneto or the quiet council...and I doubt Nova transcends Abigail in knowledge when it comes to galactic politics.
    Why would you assume she transcends Nova on galactic politics, by what actions can you make such a claim. It’s more been seen by Brand that she makes decisions that come back to bite her. Like you just said Arakki is the capitol of Sol and whoever rules Arakki rules Sol. So by that statement alone it could be said by Brands decision there is someone who rules all of Sol including the Earth. A regent by definition is someone who rules/speaks in place of an absent monarch

Is it any less wrong he was chosen by no one on Sol to represent them. Who gets' to say who speaks for the system. I think it makes sense a group who are actually born of the sol system decided they were strong enough to speak for themselves. What was before would be more hubris imo. Let the unawares on earth go about their business while some outside force chooses who protects their best interest.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Well damn i wasted a post. Could have just dittoed this.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Why would you assume she transcends Nova on galactic politics, by what actions can you make such a claim. It’s more been seen by Brand that she makes decisions that come back to bite her. Like you just said Arakki is the capitol of Sol and whoever rules Arakki rules Sol. So by that statement alone it could be said by Brands decision their is someone who rules all of Sol including the Earth.
    Why would you also assume nova knows more than her I these matters. I really want to know what evidence you have on panel that states that nova is more adept in these things than her.
    Also like Jwatson said earth can choose not to participate,the mutants do not care. They left krakoa on earth they still have sovereignty on earth. Arrako is not a country but a planet as such doesn't need earth governments to approve of it's sovereignty it's a whole planet with its own systems and laws. Also last I checked Al Ewing is in charge of Marvel's cosmic landscape really doubt he is going to leave the mutants hanging as he is the writer of sword.
    The xmen would be operating on earth mainly new York and storm is going to preside over sol. That feels bitter for many x haters to swallow but it is what it is.