Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Yeah im pretty sure there are other people Mags could've gone after if he was looking to get a reaction from Emma(ie her former students) , hell I truly still dont know why he went to the HFC like when was the last time she was actively member?
    Which is stranger when you remember that he was more recently involved with the Hellfire club than she was.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Agree with this, magneto is just having a baaaad day. . . They'll talk it out and tomorrow they'll be drinking martinis and laughing at this
    I would not mind more of this

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

I actually loved this comment of Emma’s 😂🤣
    27_C9945_C-8_F7_E-4_B9_F-8874-_F49660_E1_F1_D1.jpg

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąяĨ Tycon: How exactly is he an unstable menace?

I just find a big difference between this...

[IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/800/0*T9SkQ4sMVWuecCs3.jpg[/IMG]

and this, from the same series.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto
    There was Magneto's redemption in UXM 200 when Prof X asked him to become the head of the school. If I remember correctly, a lot of issues after UXM 200, Magneto goes back to being a full villain after something bad happened. Then, he said that he tried being good and couldn't continue. It was also kind of a drastic change.Edit: I remember, it was during the arc in the Savage Land when he fought Zaladane (UXM 275).
    Yes, Itīs usually done like that

I donīt like this explanation at all but itīs better than nothing I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-11-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Agreed, they'll be FWBs in no time.
    Ewww

He's too old and she's too (not)blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Ewww

He's too old and she's too (not)blonde.
    Magneto is a hottie. but he has great taste

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    As has been said Magneto has valid reasons to go after Emma, not the least of which is her mind-controlling him in IVX. And why the hell would the 05 even want to protect Emma from Mags, that makes no sense. It is funny seeing all the Emma fans aghast that Magneto killed some humans in the various Hellfire clubs. When Emma goes around killing people its no big deal, its always "mama is justified in whatever she does". She can imprison fellow mutants into re-education camps in New Tian, she can mind-control/manipulate fellow xmen and slaughter inhumans in IVX, she can be a willing participant and complicit in the whole mothervine fiasco but her defenders will always excuse her actions. Emma deserves whatever Magneto is going to do to her.
    You justvsaid the truth. Emma always getting free passes for her mess
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-12-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    I miss Lorna and her team. :/
    Same. Wish we can get something like that again soon. Part of why I'd rather Mags cooperate with Emma, that's a much more compelling duo to set up a team with.

This dumb villainizing is so played out , it only appeals to people who never read the 80s comics with Mags or 90s/00s with Emma. Neither character is some cackling evildoer in a LONG time and attempts to revert EITHER back are hack jobs and atrocious writing
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Unsure how I feel. I think the "heel turn" people are referring to would have been easier expected if this story was from Magneto's perspective, instead of the O5. And I think that's the failing of the issue for me, personally. I don't mind what's being done (the collateral damage is a bit much), but it doesn't hold the same nuance with the O5 as leads.

But that's also why I think it could also be a good story, overall, if the next issue/s allows Magneto to, in a way, make his case. The O5 perspective feeling far too Manichean should be nicely contrasted against a mature, nuanced Magneto. If Bunn pulls out something really surprising, and has Jean succeed in holding back the "real Magneto", then I think Bunn will have perfectly melded the thematic dissonance that has defined Blue. It'd retroactively feel more purposeful, but if Magneto just continues his role as antagonist I feel like Blue will feel artificially important (for the heel turn, Havok's inversion, Emma's redemption, Xorn's death), but emotionally vapid.

EDIT: I went through it again and it's better than my first reading. I think you do have to give it two goes around, just because the Magneto stuff can be quite jarring. It definitely reads believable (but I still think there's a lot riding on the next issue).

I really wish there was a better integration of the previous two issues into this story- the Polaris/Havok interaction particularly felt like it was needed in the immediate MotherVine aftermath, not gallivanting with a Venom-spin-off character. I do like seeing Bunn pay set-up off, going so far back as the first issue. Blue doesn't feel quite like it's earned this cyclical throwback though- it seems to suggest that Blue was telling a single, drawn out story (and you can see how it was likely pitched that way), but with too little focus on Magneto and too many diversions from said story (Mojo, Cross-Time Capers, Poison-X, Venomised) things have become murkier.

I had high hopes considering what Bunn had said about this issue and feel somewhat let down. I still think that Blue has the opportunity to end on a high note, I just really hope those time-travelling Magneto issues really focus in on him and give him some good final interrogation before his next set-up.
    Last edited by akiresu_; 07-12-2018 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Unsure how I feel. I think the "heel turn" people are referring to would have been easier expected if this story was from Magneto's perspective, instead of the O5. And I think that's the failing of the issue for me, personally. I don't mind what's being done (the collateral damage is a bit much), but it doesn't hold the same nuance with the O5 as leads.

But that's also why I think it could also be a good story, overall, if the next issue/s allows Magneto to, in a way, make his case. The O5 perspective feeling far too Manichean should be nicely contrasted against a mature, nuanced Magneto. If Bunn pulls out something really surprising, and has Jean succeed in holding back the "real Magneto", then I think Bunn will have perfectly melded the thematic dissonance that has defined Blue. It'd retroactively feel more purposeful, but if Magneto just continues his role as antagonist I feel like Blue will feel artificially important (for the heel turn, Havok's inversion, Emma's redemption, Xorn's death), but emotionally vapid.

EDIT: I went through it again and it's better than my first reading. I think you do have to give it two goes around, just because the Magneto stuff can be quite jarring. It definitely reads believable (but I still think there's a lot riding on the next issue).

I really wish there was a better integration of the previous two issues into this story- the Polaris/Havok interaction particularly felt like it was needed in the immediate MotherVine aftermath, not gallivanting with a Venom-spin-off character. I do like seeing Bunn pay set-up off, going so far back as the first issue. Blue doesn't feel quite like it's earned this cyclical throwback though- it seems to suggest that Blue was telling a single, drawn out story (and you can see how it was likely pitched that way), but with too little focus on Magneto and too many diversions from said story (Mojo, Cross-Time Capers, Poison-X, Venomised) things have become murkier.

I had high hopes considering what Bunn had said about this issue and feel somewhat let down. I still think that Blue has the opportunity to end on a high note, I just really hope those time-travelling Magneto issues really focus in on him and give him some good final interrogation before his next set-up.
    This is all true but the "problem" is Bunn got saddled with the neo O5 "burden". He clearly had no real idea what to do with them and it showed.

The good parts of BLUE are when the neo O5 were not around honestly.

He handled teen Jean alright but she is obviously the most compelling part of the neo O5 to begin with.

Basically Angel and Iceboy got essentially 0 development under Bunn. Beast sort of had an arc but to be honest it sucked.

Teasing teen Cyke with Bloodstorm was... OK. But not great.

So that is what held BLUE down but then again that was the premise of the book in the first place.... not Bunn's fault this has to do with higher up the food chain type decisions.

OBEY

I loved this issue. It really let Magneto cut loose and show why he's still one of the X-men's most menacing threats. Plus, seeing Briar again was a nice bonus. She always brings a little something extra to the mix. She has this strange approach to Magneto that just seems to work. She knows who he is. She doesn't try to change him. She just gets out of his way when he needs to go be Magneto. That might make her the most self-aware character in all of Marvel.

And bringing Emma Frost into the mix at the end really helped raise the stakes. The idea of her having to work with the O5 and them having to protect her has all sorts of potential. Emma's demeanor and attitude seem to have settled since the Mothervine arc. She's still in a position to influence mutant affairs, provided she survives Magneto's wrath. It'll be interesting to see what kind of role she takes on when all is said and done.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Molina's Tyke and Warren are so hot.

Fantastic Member

dont know whos making the final call and im sure there were other factors involved but is there any true x-fan out there that would much much rather see the magneto series coming back than the beyond dumb iceman book get a second chance at life...that was one of the big mistakes canceling the magneto book around secret war that led to that huge down period for marvel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I loved this issue. It really let Magneto cut loose and show why he's still one of the X-men's most menacing threats.
    Yeah, great issue. Nice to see Blue make a return to form as it heads towards its finale.

As for Magneto turning bad again, I'm for it. Yes, Magneto has worked fine as a not-so-bad bad guy or an anti-hero of sorts, someone who's willing to push things farther than a hero would but towards just ends. But he's also the X-Men's most famous adversary and one of the MU's best villains. It's kind of a waste to not have him fill that role, just as it's a waste to not have Dr. Doom be villainous. They can still have complex motivations and not be mustache-twirling caricatures but when you have a good villain, you don't want to throw that away forever in favor of having them become an ally, even if that alliance is a cautious one - especially when that villain looms as large in your mythology as Magneto does in the X-Men's.

BANNED

Get Her Magento, she said she can handle you. GET HER!!! LOL.
    I Love Angry Magneto :-)

RCO022.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    dont know whos making the final call and im sure there were other factors involved but is there any true x-fan out there that would much much rather see the magneto series coming back than the beyond dumb iceman book get a second chance at life...that was one of the big mistakes canceling the magneto book around secret war that led to that huge down period for marvel
    I liked the Mags solo yeah he was basically The Punisher in it more or less but it was pretty gripping stuff

OBEY