Page 90 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2204
    Ultimate Member

Re: Jenkins.

I absolutely hate that Professor Hulk was just another alter. Considering all that happened that was a colossal retcon that I personally don't like.

I think that situation could have been better handled just by saying that Professor Hulk could lose control and become savage or any other alter. The Professor should have basically been his default state. Jenkins went out of his way to make Banner as "broken" as possible (didn't he have Lou Gehrig's disease or something?).

Professor Hulk was one of the best eras of the Hulk and arguably the defining modern version of the character. He basically represents the end point of the character even if he wasn't the strongest Hulk.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-12-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyDemonic View Post
    It’s not surprising that editorial didn’t correct Jenkins’ continuity mistake. The reason that PAD left the Heroes Reborn era was because disagreements with editorial over the direction of Hulk’s character. So once he was, editorial completely ignored elements of his run for years, even after Jenkins’ run.

I’ve always hated the Professor retcon because it robs more 5 years worth of storylines of their intended emotional hook. Perhaps a better solution would have been to say that the merged hulk did exist as PAD originally planned up until the events of issue 425, where Betty is shot and Bruce has his mental breakdown. Then, due to the breakdown, just say he didn’t have the fortitude to maintain the merger anymore, so his subconscious created the Professor as a solution, and that’s the person that we see from the end of issue 426 until the end of the Onslaught event. It’s not a perfect answer, but it’s better than invalidating that whole section of the run character wise.
    Exactly this.

It basically invalidated a very,very long part of the Hulk's development.

And for what?

BANNED

IH #50 will be out on October 13th.

NOT Wonder Man, yes? Simon Williams's Avatar

Hi guys... Long time no post! I hope you are all keeping safe and well. I thought with all this Professor/Merged Hulk talk that you may be interested in seeing these that I drew up recently. Think of this as a three page deleted scene from Incredible Hulk issue 377. This is how I imagined Bruce's reaction would have been to his new, Merged self. This was an idea I had awhile ago, and just recently drew it up for fun.

Hope you like it! Not 100% sure how to upload images on here, so here's a link to view the pages.

simon-williams-img-20210705-152252.jpg
    Last edited by Simon Williams; 07-13-2021 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Fixed the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Wait... Cates' Hulk comes out before IH 50? Marvel needs to readjust their publishing schedule...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Wait... Cates' Hulk comes out before IH 50? Marvel needs to readjust their publishing schedule...

The Cates/Ottley Hulk FCBD issue comes out Aug 14th. Their Hulk #1 doesnt come out till November. Both writers talk to each other and will have it planned out in away to not ruin issue 50. Unless someone thinks Banner being around for the next Hulk series is a spoiler. Kind of a “Duh” to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    The Cates/Ottley Hulk FCBD issue comes out Aug 14th. Their Hulk #1 doesnt come out till November. Both writers talk to each other and will have it planned out in away to not ruin issue 50. Unless someone thinks Banner being around for the next Hulk series is a spoiler. Kind of a “Duh” to me.
    Huh my apologies XD It does come out in November. It's just that I usually check TFAW for release dates and it had 29th of September for some reason.

On completely unrelated note. Does anybody know how long does it take for comic books to be printed? I think they sent to printer for like 2-2,5 months ahead? Just wonder if # 50 is already being printed or not yet
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 07-13-2021 at 12:21 PM.

I think the post Onslaught Hulk was sort of meant to be Joe and Savage merged, but missing the Banner element, a process started by Jean Grey but which led to a more physical mutation when Banner became physically seperated. Although this kind of falls apart a bit since Banner in Heroes Reborn world became the Savage Hulk..
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think the post Onslaught Hulk was sort of meant to be Joe and Savage merged, but missing the Banner element, a process started by Jean Grey but which led to a more physical mutation when Banner became physically seperated. Although this kind of falls apart a bit since Banner in Heroes Reborn world became the Savage Hulk..
    That’s exactly what the Hulk during this time period was supposed to be: A modern interpretation of the “Gravage” persona that Hulk had in Tales to Astonish, before the Savage Hulk’s personality became fully dominant. We have a current Gravage hulk type situation in the current arc of immortal hulk, with Joe and Savage sharing the body and cooperating, while Bruce is removed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Williams View Post
    Hi guys... Long time no post! I hope you are all keeping safe and well. I thought with all this Professor/Merged Hulk talk that you may be interested in seeing these that I drew up recently. Think of this as a three page deleted scene from Incredible Hulk issue 377. This is how I imagined Bruce's reaction would have been to his new, Merged self. This was an idea I had awhile ago, and just recently drew it up for fun.

Hope you like it! Not 100% sure how to upload images on here, so here's a link to view the pages.

Hey man i see you on twitter all the time, love your Hulk art.

Be a wait but as long as it comes out before Cates Hulk, since I’m sure that will spoil Ewing’s ending, I’m ok with it. Can’t believe we’re so close to the end...
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hey man i see you on twitter all the time, love your Hulk art.
    Thank you... Much appreciated

The link doesn't work, is the art below yours?! looks like a page from a real comic book

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    The link doesn't work, is the art below yours?! looks like a page from a real comic book
    Thanks for the heads up about the link... I'm still not 100% sure how to post images and links on here! Please let me know if this link works:
    http://www.simonwilliamscomicartist....07/merged.html

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

OUTSTANDING! Been loving your stuff for years. Wish you got a proper run on the Hulk book...