Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Bold of you to assume I bothered reading UXM regularly in the 300s.
    It is pretty famous. Gambit got iced literally.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Rogue worked greatly with Human Torch, Deadpool and bitch slapping Quicksilver.

Maybe she belongs with the Avengers (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Hickman... "I'm fixing all the old toys"....
    Hickman break all the old toys...
    More like he is doing simplistic solutions to problems

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Rogue worked greatly with Human Torch, Deadpool and bitch slapping Quicksilver.

Maybe she belongs with the Avengers (lol)
    On a meta level I hated Rogue joining the Avengers, comics equivalent of a poc joining the police and climbing the ladder to a high ranking position. Aint got time for that. In universe while I dont agree that leading an Avenger squad was the endgame of Xaviers dream like it was presented I appreciate that she forged a path unique to her. Duggan really helped.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    On a meta level I hated Rogue joining the Avengers, comics equivalent of a poc joining the police and climbing the ladder to a high ranking position. Aint got time for that. In universe while I dont agree that leading an Avenger squad was the endgame of Xaviers dream like it was presented I appreciate that she forged a path unique to her. Duggan really helped.
    The painfully predictable conclusion to the Everyone-vs-Cyclops-because-structure-and-giving-a-crap-about-civil-rights-is-bad-or-whatever drama from the Reload/SanFran/Utopia era, alas. Roguey definitely lucked out compared to the likes of Beast and Havok, though.

BANNED

Rogue would probably be as hated as Havok and Beast if not for Duggan. The place Remender left her in in 2015 was a die-hard Wanda stan who literally called Magneto a Nazi for punching the Red Skull.

Rogue as an Avenger was new, exciting and even gave nostalgia fans the sassy, indestructible Rogue from 90's that they loved without ever having to resort to cheap throwbacks

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Rogue would probably be as hated as Havok and Beast if not for Duggan. The place Remender left her in in 2015 was a die-hard Wanda stan who literally called Magneto a Nazi for punching the Red Skull.
    And now it's Kitty's turn to be redeemed via Duggan. I can only assume Alison "All lives matter" Blaire lost her spot on the squad in favor of top/bottom jokes. Oh well.

BANNED

Checked 2014 and 2015 X-books awards and Rogue wasn't in the top 5 least favourite heroes in either year so I guess she wasn't as hated after all. Oh well.

(Storm hilariously won best hero and the runner-up for best hero once despite doing virtually nothing in the 6 ongoings she appeared in)

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    And now it's Kitty's turn to be redeemed via Duggan. I can only assume Alison "All lives matter" Blaire lost her spot on the squad in favor of top/bottom jokes. Oh well.
    Wait did Dazzler really say something like that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Wait did Dazzler really say something like that?
    In the 2018 Dazzler one-shot.

In the 2018 Dazzler one-shot.
    Written by who? Who made her a sellout?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Eh, I dunno about that. At least in the first volume of Uncanny Avengers, before the Avenge the Earth arc, Remender had her calling out Wanda and Wonder Man for the BS they were spouting about "we're all equal, mutants aren't different from humans". It was all downhill from there, from her acting like Magneto was Satan for killing a fucking nazi, to becoming BFFs with mutantkind's very own Satan. Duggan's part was 100% legit. She had good chemistry with Deadpool and Torch, went against Captain America to try and help mutants, as shown in the Civil War II arc, and had great showings in terms of character and powers. The Avengers office at the time had the common sense of just letting Duggan do his thing, so his run showed a great grasp on hers and Cable's character, the same way he had a saner take on the mutants vs inhumans conflict.

Duggan pretty much made Rogue the exemplary X-Men alumna. Got to take the pro-mutant militancy to the Avengers, didn't surrender to the establishment and actually did all in her power to try to help with the terrigen crisis.

Not to mention the "I'm not leaving my home because of the damn inhuman poison!" moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Written by who? Who made her a sellout?
    Mags Vissagio wrote a story about how mutants (a stand-in for LGBs) terrorize inhumans (a stand-in for Ts) by beating them up ad using the kind of exclusionary language you see from TERFs and other anti-trans bigots and Dazzler solves the conflict by creating a safe space (her shitty nightclub performances) where all lives matter.

Mags Vissagio wrote a story about how mutants (a stand-in for LGBs) terrorize inhumans (a stand-in for Ts) by beating them up ad using the kind of exclusionary language you see from TERFs and other anti-trans bigots and Dazzler solves the conflict by creating a safe space (her shitty nightclub performances) where all lives matter.
    Sounds like a nightmare of a book.