Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. This season has been a blast and the new cast members have been a real breath of fresh air.
    Wow. Mind=blown. The writing was so subpar, I was forced to approach each new episode with trepidation, which unfortunately had nothing to do with the actual events of the show — the absolute nadir being Big Girl and Li'l Girl trapped by themselves in Scary House — saved from Soggy Basement Trap by Falling Zombie! 2nd Place goes to What-The-Hell-Do-We-Do-Next-With-Morgan, and Wacko NuWench, who somehow managed to keep doing everyone harm after being knocked out, shot, concussed, and everything else short of being dropped in a deep-fryer. LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjnn...&feature=share

New opening. Kind of reminds me of WALL-E's ending credits, except with zombies.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So in sad news today , it was confirmed that Scott Wilson who played Hershel Greene has passed away.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead...d-age-hershel/

Wilson was 76 years old and his career seemingly got a huge jolt from playing Greene as his film and tv roles grew after this. He will forever be known as Hershel and the speech he gave 5 years ago to Rick Grimes.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Well the 1st episode details....

-

-

-

-

-

- The episode begins with EVERYONE seemingly taking part in a group deal to get various objects . One was seed registry that was kept for plants etc that Jadis had seemingly told Rick about. He tells her she was right about it and she seems to be a big part of Alexandria and Rick's group. The other was a plow and blacksmith supplies. And they decided to take a wagon to carry it back.

- Carol and Ezekiel are a couple now and he decides to hand her a ring to marry him. She of course loves him but comically tells him to put that thing away.

- During the trip back , a poor young boy named Ken dies on the trip trying to save a horse from walkers. Maggie has to tell the parents he didn't make it back and gets blamed for his death. Even questioning why Maggie did this fool mission to get supplies for Sanctuary and those Saviors again.

- The trip basically is to save the Sanctuary as the crops they planted haven't worked and they need farm equipment. So they went for supplies. Rick doesn't want the Saviors to fall back into old habits like Negan and we get why he's doing this.

- Daryl has been leader of Saviors awhile. A fact he's starting to hate doing it and requests to Rick he doesn't like being behind those walls anymore. Rick how good a job he's done since he took over leadership. But understands Daryl's feelings and wanting to go to Maggie and the baby. So he will find someone to lead before he goes.

- Things are getting ...harder. Various roads was washed out due to a major storm and supplies are now limited. Daryl brings up how gas is now becoming so limited they use corn syrup to run on but its a matter of time before that runs dry.

- Gregory starts using the parents (Tammy and her husband) to get Maggie out of the way. He had lost the election he called for. Anyhow he tries to set up Maggie to be killed and she survives as Enid and others come to her rescue that night. Maggie is PISSED and seemingly debates killing Gregory for this.

- Maggie and Rick have a meeting where Rick requests some more help for Sanctuary who are barely holding on. He wants to repair the bridge that is out and requests her man power n food. But Maggie puts her foot down and claims that she'll ask her people to help but in exchange wants the Saviors supply of corn syrup and they supply most of labor.

- In the end....Maggie has Gregory hanged nearly like from comics. Rick looks on scared in a way.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Why in the heck did you just gloss over that Ken's mother(Tammy) is being played by Brett Butler?!

It's about time someone gave that lady a job.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Still a fan of the show and still watching here. With both Andrew and Lauren leaving the show, two new leaders will be needed. Will one be Negan? Carol has offered to look after the Saviors to give Daryl a break.....could Carol end up being a leader to the Saviors, or to the Hilltop once Maggie leaves?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Why in the heck did you just gloss over that Ken's mother(Tammy) is being played by Brett Butler?!

She's worked the last decade on a variety of shows and roles more or less . Nothing major since folks worry how she'll do I'm betting.. Its just sadly she'll never be at the heights she once had with Grace Under Fire. Her own issues ruined that.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

And his dad was the guy who played pacey's alcoholic abusive father on Dawson's creek.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Regarding Ken's death, I'm not sure, were they trying to get rid of the arm where he was bit (I know he ultiametly died from blood loss and the horse kick probably didn't help, but it looks like they put some effort to save him anyway)? It's been established that although the walker bites are usually fatal (although they don't spend the walker virus-everybody already has that-they do seem to have a secondary superflu virus or something like that) the person can be saved if the virus doesn't extend beyond a certain appendage (Hershel of course being the prime example....they tried it with Tyreese but it was too late). Of course with Bob and Carl I'm pretty sure neither was bit on the limb.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-09-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    And his dad was the guy who played pacey's alcoholic abusive father on Dawson's creek.
    Oh, yeah.

There was surely a lot of "Meta" happening in that episode.

Ok since i fell asleep and watched the replay.....

-

-

-

- Rick details the entire episode to Negan in his cell basically.

- Anyhow the episode shows that tensions still remain between Saviors and others. Anyhow one Savior tries to bully Henry as he handles water detail on the bridge. Daryl steps in and that starts their heat through the episode. Later the same Savior neglects to check batteries on a walkie and it leads to poor Aaron losing his arm after its crushed. Enid shockingly has learned enough in the last 2 years to amputate the arm after learning from the doctor !

- Earlier Michonne visits the Hilltop to try and appeal to Maggie for help and reveals that Saviors bringing her the corn syrup for the tractor have disappeared . Later Aiden gets with Rick who is busy handling a lot with bridge and details that Saviors who have left the bridge project haven't returned to Sanctuary. They are disappearing.

- Maggie visits Earl Sutton who we learn was drinking that night as his wife Tammy , wants to see him after a month of being locked up. At 1st Maggie is hard on things but once Earl details how he's a man who tried to stay sober and he was sober for years....til his son died....Maggie sees that same thing with her dad. She grants him supervised parole in a sense as he works and the council will decide how long that lasts. Maggie tells Michonne ; Gregory ran outta chances and had to pay the price finally.

- Earl Sutton's character in the comics was single and not married to Tammy Rose. In fact Tammy Rose was married to a man named Morton.

- Maggie lets her take supplies to the Bridge to get it done.

- In the end Rick kicks that useless Savior out and tells him to go home and you see the old flash of Rick Grimes. That he'd do worse to him than what Daryl did. On his way home , someone he seemingly knows....kills him.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - In the end Rick kicks that useless Savior out and tells him to go home and you see the old flash of Rick Grimes. That he'd do worse to him than what Daryl did. On his way home , someone he seemingly knows....kills him.
    While I'm not certain, I got the feeling that he might have been knocked out cold and not killed. Something about the perspective.

I'm guessing the culprit might be Henry, although they kind of went over that whole arc last season so maybe not.

Perhaps Maggie? We do see her in the previews seeming to kill somebody with a crowbar, but I suppose that it could just be a walker.

Kind of interesting seeing Briana Venskus and Zach Mcgowan in the same show again, as I just finished SHIELD season 5.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm guessing the culprit might be Henry, although they kind of went over that whole arc last season so maybe not.

Perhaps Maggie? We do see her in the previews seeming to kill somebody with a crowbar, but I suppose that it could just be a walker.

Kind of interesting seeing Briana Venskus and Zach Mcgowan in the same show again, as I just finished SHIELD season 5.

Well I kinda doubt its Henry since the interaction we saw with him earlier in episode wouldn't lead to this Savior walking over to chat with someone in a friendly manner . It could be Aiden who has decided to take out Saviors who won't follow Rick's rule unknown to everyone. That he wants Rick's attention and believes this is a way to get it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm really gonna miss Lauren Cohan; many of my favorite moments from the past few seasons have centered around Maggie's arc.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES