Page 555 of 827 FirstFirst ... 55455505545551552553554555556557558559565605655 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by djk61387 View Post
    Wait. It's not? I totally thought it was.
    It's the thinker. He was announced as the main villain for the season already.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm guessing something else came out of the Speed Force with Barry.

Wally looks better in the Flash suit than he does in the Kid Flash suit. And I say that even though the comic book Kid Flash is one of my favourite costume designs but on TV it just doesn't look right. I guess it would be cold, but I thought Wally should have taken over the role of the Flash in Central City, none of this Kid Flash business.

I understand why they need to do an episode like this to set up the season, but the Kid Flash and Steel scene on LEGENDS was the kind of thing I wanted to see on THE FLASH. Some fun super-hero action.
    Of course it has. Has there been anything big on this show that wasn't somehow Barry's fault yet?

I'm kind of surprised Team Vibe/Kid Flash was having so much trouble since it's the two of them and they have Iris in the role of the person who tells them what to do all the time. Was Barry really carrying the team that much? I did think it was amusing that Cisco is still adjusting to the physicality of being a Superhero.

I'm sad to see that Julian left off-screen, but after what happened with Caitlin and Barry I guess I can't blame him for leaving.

So, how long before we get to season 4 Harrison Wells?

I see they covered for Barry with Singh, but I wonder who all else knew about what really happened? It sounds like Team Arrow knew given Cisco got Felicity and Curtis' help to fix up a means of getting him back. With all that happened to him last season, I'm kind of wondering how Oliver would have dealt with the one-two-punch of the Prometheus business and Barry being gone.

Wally just randomly knowing Japanese was funny. Anyone else get the sense that Lonsdale seems a little more energized this season?

I wonder how ticked off the Speed Force is going to be when it finds out it got tricked into releasing Barry? Assuming it didn't just release Barry of its own accord.

Jeez, Barry was as crazy as Starman from Johns' JSA in this episode. It seemed like he was cycling through different moments of his life, both past, present, and future, after getting out of the Speed Force. It makes you wonder exactly what was going on with him in there and if pulling him out made him experience his entire life before his eyes .

Some of the interesting stuff he said was denying killing someone, maybe teasing that flash-forward of him in prison, and needing more diapers, like in the event of he and Iris having twins (the Tornado Twins that is).

I wonder if there is something to all that writing and if we're going to eventually see Cisco crack that code...

Caitlin now seems a lot more laid-back and casual now that she's supposedly got Killer Frost "under control," even though we see at the end that she still pops out in brief spurts. Though on-top of that it seems like Caitlin was, perhaps willingly, involved with some shady stuff with Blacksmith that's sure to come back and bite her.

It was nice to see Wally in the red Flash suit at least once, even if Barry's return pretty much undercuts Wally taking over and now puts him squarely back into the role of sidekick again.

Speedsters getting stabbed in the leg is almost a right of passage at this point.

Cecile getting Joe to go back to Church was interesting, especially since the Arrowverse generally doesn't go into the Faith of it's heroes. We know Felicity and Rory (Ragman) are Jewish, and Oliver (and presumably the rest of the Queen family) are lapsed Catholics, but that's about it as far as I can recall.

That Samuroid with the Katana and glider was pretty darn cool, but not as cool as the return of The Flash in his brand-spanking new suit, as well as his chase with the Samuroid to save Iris .

Y'know what's the best thing about there not being another Speedster Big Bad this season? Barry can now be the undisputed Fastest Man Alive .

And the Speed Force giving Barry a speed boost pretty much resolves the issue of Wally being faster then him (even if it, once again, undercuts Wally).

Man, it is so refreshing to see a happy, positive, Barry again and not mopey, depressed Barry. I'd forgotten how much I missed this show just being awesome and fun and not overbearing in drama and darkness.

Looks like the Thinker is attached to a more elaborate version of his machine from the comics, though I wonder if we'll see him go full-on digital being later on?

Quote Originally Posted by djk61387 View Post
    Wait. It's not? I totally thought it was.
    Lmao, I saw the chair and I was like "whoa is that Metron?" Then he turned around and I fanboyed out "Holy crap it IS Metron!! **** just got real!!" Then he said something about thinking, and I remember the Thinker is the season's big bad.

BANNED

It's really annoying that the love interest has to be the main thing that can help the hero with whatever they are going through. It doesn't make sense for Barry to be instantly cured of dementia because Iris is in trouble. I understand they have a bond but they skipped over so much. It's one thing to have Barry save her but to have him be completely cured and for that matter not even remember anything? What was the point of him being in the speed force in the first place?? That being said I do recall reading that Barry has visions of the future from being in the speed force. Maybe memories will come back to him.

Also, STOP making Killer Frost an alternate personality!!!! If you want her to be a good guy but still Killer Frost you literally can do that. Nobody would be pissed off. But this dual personality is really dumb and such a tired trope. And now with this new dynamic of Caitlyn having "Hulk" moments with that personality (I mean she literally gives a callback to the TV show) I'm even more annoyed. It was stupid in Season 3 and it's stupid now.

Iris was just intolerable this episode. There's really no way to justify "don't bring my dead/gone boyfriend back because I've already moved on." That's simply not a thing. Anyone with the chance to bring back a loved one would do it. There was really no reason to write her like that.

Despite all of that it was a pretty solid episode. It will still take a lot to win me over after season 3, but I'm in nonetheless. The Thinker looks really cool; like some type of 80s sci-fi/James Bond villain. I'm really excited to see what's in store for him. I also really appreciated the callbacks to the pilot episode, really hammers home the fact that this season is a soft reboot for the show (hopefully that will turn out to be true) .

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    It's really annoying that the love interest has to be the main thing that can help the hero with whatever they are going through. It doesn't make sense for Barry to be instantly cured of dementia because Iris is in trouble. I understand they have a bond but they skipped over so much. It's one thing to have Barry save her but to have him be completely cured and for that matter not even remember anything? What was the point of him being in the speed force in the first place?? That being said I do recall reading that Barry has visions of the future from being in the speed force. Maybe memories will come back to him.
    Some of the stuff he was spouting out definitely seemed like stuff that hasn't happened to him yet.

I was perfectly fine with Iris bringing Barry out of his funk since it was in-line with how Iris has usually been the one to bring the best out of Barry or bring him back from trouble, wile also emphasizing how powerful his feelings for her are, and just in general how love interests for Speedsters are able to effect them .

But that's just me. Plus, the whole "Return of The Flash" sequence was just so darn awesome .

Also, STOP making Killer Frost an alternate personality!!!! If you want her to be a good guy but still Killer Frost you literally can do that. Nobody would be pissed off. But this dual personality is really dumb and such a tired trope. And now with this new dynamic of Caitlyn having "Hulk" moments with that personality (I mean she literally gives a callback to the TV show) I'm even more annoyed. It was stupid in Season 3 and it's stupid now.
    I honestly expect we're going to see some kind of merging of the personalities as they start pushing Killer Frost as less of a villain and more of begrudging hero (since she's on the heroes' side in the poster for the upcoming crossover).

Despite all of that it was a pretty solid episode. It will still take a lot to win me over after season 3, but I'm in nonetheless. The Thinker looks really cool; like some type of 80s sci-fi/James Bond villain. I'm really excited to see what's in store for him. I also really appreciated the callbacks to the pilot episode, really hammers home the fact that this season is a soft reboot for the show (hopefully that will turn out to be true) .
    I did get some Blofeld vibes as he turned his chair around.

Retired

I think Iris got the wrong message when Barry told her to run. He meant she should keep going forward with her life, yet she seems to think he wanted her to run STAR labs. It's great that she can pick up so much knowledge in a few months--but probably Harry set up the computers so any idiot can run them--press any key on the keyborad and the computers will do all the heavy lifting.

It would have been better if Iris put her energies into something else.

But the team was looking shabby. What they really need is someone with medical skills and someone who can quote Douglas Adams to Cisco. Too bad Caitlin is a bartender.

Maybe they could establish that she's had this multiple personality disorder for most of her life and it's not a recent thing. It doesn't make sense that Caitlin becomes a bad guy every time she uses her metahuman powers when this never happens with anyone else. So perhaps it's all in her mind and has nothing to do with her metahuman abilities. Maybe she was always split and she actually has several personalities--not just the two or three we've seen.

I was thinking there was an evil presence that occupied Barry's body when he came out of the Speed Force (the Bitchin' House is Barry's body), but now I'm thinking the presence doesn't need to be evil. Bart Allen could have been trapped in the Speed Force and Barry was the Trojan Horse that got him out of there. The fast thinking fits with Impulse and the strange alphabet could be some version of Interlac.

Incredible Member

I wish we were done with this whole jekyll and hyde nonsense with Caitlin it’s getting old big time.

Hope we see Bart, “this House is bitchin” couldn’t have been for nothing

The lack of any Wells upset me

Episode 2 looks like a nonsense filler episode based off the preview, hope I’m wrong

Nice to see Iris could afford a penthouse on a single income of whatever her job is now if she’s running team kidflash/vibe for 6 months

Got a total metron vibe off that guy thought I’m sure it’s not and I can only assume his look was inspired by metron

I really don’t wanna see a Barry/Wally fight, I’m much happier with them working alongside each other all happy instead of unneeded drama. Yes Wally took over for 6 months but Barry had been around for a whole season and a half roughly before he got a full grip on his powers. Just let them be drama free partners

Ultimate Member

Can we just let Caitlin control her powers and be an anti-hero already? This "she cannot control her powers" plot has gotten really old by this point.

Other than that, it was a decent premiere. Wally speaking Japanese was hilarious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Episode 2 looks like a nonsense filler episode based off the preview, hope I’m wrong
    Idk which one you watched, but this teaser seems to give more detail:

More of Iris being annoying, Wells, and the introduction of Breacher (Danny Trejo) . Looks like fun

Bart would be awesome. I still say "We're gonna need more diapers" is a reference to Don/Donna
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I love the new costume but this show which I once loved is annoying the Hell out of me. End season 2 with Flashpoint and it's over by the end of the season 3 episode 1. End last season with Barry going MIA into the Speed Force by the end of the first episode Barry's not only back he's his old self again. Barry could had been MIA for a few episodes perhaps intertwine the real world with the Speed Force to show what Barry was up too. Bring Barry back but making him different longer than a few commercial breaks. This show has just become so disappointing.

Yeah also Thinker's look made me think of Metron.

Retired

What worries me is the producers did a big song and dance about FLASH being much more fun and bright when they promoted this season. And then we get the first episode and it's "Hello, Darkness, my old friend." So were they lying? Is the rest of the season going to be like this or are they going to find their happy place?

I want FLASH to get better, if for no other reason than it leads into LEGENDS now and LOT needs the views--it's the better show right now.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Well, I thought the season premiere was the best of the CB shows so far this season (except for The Gifted, which was pretty damn awesome).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?