Page 146 of 657 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 9841

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Wasn’t Hope supposed to BE a reincarnation of Jean? Gah redheads.
    I never heard a definitive answer on this. I guess on the beginning she was suppossed to be and then later it was abandoned.
    A complete waste of time, they could just used Rachel (yeah she exists and can bond with the phoenix) or just ressurrect Jean and avoid the messiah trilogy ending on AvX

Taylor and Hickman aren't remotely comparable.

Red was fun but it was a book dedicated to Jean after coming back from the death. It had good quality but Hickman is even more interesting while focusing in more characters and will have bigger consecuences for the franchice.

Not at all on the same level

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

You can't use "Taylor needed a lot of issues cuz he was doing character development" as an excuse because his co-workers like Jason Aaron, Cullen Bunn and Al Ewing can pull that off with less issues.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You can't use "Taylor needed a lot of issues cuz he was doing character development" as an excuse because his co-workers like Jason Aaron, Cullen Bunn and Al Ewing can pull that off with less issues.
    And he didn't even do character development for anybody, not even Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    And he didn't even do character development for anybody, not even Jean.
    this is the first time Jean having to lead without any other leader to help, so I really think jean got developed

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    this is the first time Jean having to lead without any other leader to help, so I really think jean got developed
    Storm isn't a leader?

Jean has led her own teams a few times before

The best Taylor did was copy the few parts of Morrison that didn't treat her like garbage

Even Jeen had recently lead her own team. Red was fun but it had zero, nada, méishénme, nichts, nothing of development. It just came after a long Jean abscence, anything was going to look cool after that.
    Last edited by fsger; 08-23-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix is a bad story. I don't get the love for this one. Rachel sucks as Mother Askani. If you want a story that deals with Scott, Jean, Cable and Stryfe, I'd say that X-Cutioner's Song is way superior.

Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix is also better.

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Storm isn't a leader?

Jean has led her own teams a few times before

The best Taylor did was copy the few parts of Morrison that didn't treat her like garbage

Even Jeen had recently lead her own team. Red was fun but it had zero, nada, méishénme, nichts, nothing of development. It just came after a long Jean abscence, anything was going to look cool after that.
    Storm didn’t help her lead. She pretty much took a backseat

Eh, I wouldn't even say that Red was fun, it was milquetoast. Bland.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Even the tour in HOX was a subtle show of power, showing how disconnected mutantkind has become and how advanced they will keep on getting.

Yeah, Red’s ending was cute and all but there’s 0 chance they would ever have recognized her nation.

Besides controlling the length, Taylor’s said that they were letting him tell his story. I do know that some Hickman sort of canceled the ResurreXion line, but even a smidgen of something concrete would’ve been nice.
    He started off Red talking about forming a mutant nation, but then ended up doing other stuff, for some unknown reason. Hickman’s run started out with a new mutant nation, Sounds like Hickman’s mutant nation won out.

I think Magneto should be in the right some of the time.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I think that deep down most X-men fans agree at least partially with him in some aspects.
    I have never see anybody hating him for real, people recognize he has done terrible things but most would tell you he had reasons for that.

There are many people that don't even think he is a villain and don't care when he kills someone.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think that deep down most X-men fans agree at least partially with him in some aspects.
    I have never see anybody hating him for real, people recognize he has done terrible things but most would tell you he had reasons for that.

There are many people that don't even think he is a villain and don't care when he kills someone.
    If Emma can be read as morally grey rather than an outright villain (which I agree with) then so can Mags . I feel like we can move past the cookie cutter desgnations of hero or villain anyways, the stories and characters should definitely be more complex than that

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    If Emma can be read as morally grey rather than an outright villain (which I agree with) then so can Mags . I feel like we can move past the cookie cutter desgnations of hero or villain anyways, the stories and characters should definitely be more complex than that
    Most of the time the issue with Magneto isn't what's behind what he's doing, but his methods. And to be honest, I think Emma has been on the side of the X-Men for far too long to be shoved back into the box of an outright villain. She works best, IMO, as someone shady, who will help the heroes but they won't be happy accepting her help most of the time. With one or two of them trying to get her to stop being so shady all the time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

I dont consider Magneto a villian and he hasnt been since 2001's Eve of Destruction. I'll put a footnote on one of the final arcs of Blue where he loses it trying to kill Emma but that seems to have been a momentary slip and ultimately didnt revert him back to villian status considering it was almost immediately ignored in his subsequent appearances