Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

I haven't read it... i don't know the creative team... But i hear this ''Paradise Lost'' name and even saw its influance over JL animated. Can you enlighten me about this ''Paradise Lost'' story or whatever it's?

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

There is none!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    There is none!
    Oh, really... I thought it came from comics... my bad.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I haven't read it... i don't know the creative team... But i hear this ''Paradise Lost'' name and even saw its influance over JL animated. Can you enlighten me about this ''Paradise Lost'' story or whatever it's?

"Paradise Lost" was from Phil Jiminez's run. It was pretty well-crafted, taking a lot of what was set before and building on it. Specifically, he used the Bana-Mighdall repatriation onto Themyscira as the spark for dissention among the Amazons, leading to a civil war with transgressions from both sides.

Other threads that he wove into the Paradise Lost storyline were:
    --Bringing Donna Troy back into the WW-fold more fully, using the John Byrne mirror twin origin. Hippolyta fully recognized and embraced Donna as her own daughter and as princess.
    --Donna uses her new status to try to bridge the divide with the Bana-Mighdall, especially with photography.
    --Hippolyta's aspirations for more and continued role as Wonder Woman (from the Byrne run) is a point of friction for Diana. The Amazons also feel as if their queen has abandoned them for adventures in the outside world, which adds fuel to the divide between the tribes. Hippolyta's also engaging with Ted Grant as more than friends.
    --Fury is brought in as well, as the protégé of Hippolyta's Golden Age adventures with the JSA. Her instability and delusion of being Hippolyta's daughter is exploited by the architect of the civil war.

The story arc ended with Hippolyta and Diana abolishing the monarchy.

This leads to a pretty well-received single issue "A Day in the Life" story, featuring Lois Lane doing an in-depth piece on Wonder Woman.

And then "Paradise Found" story arc serves as the follow up to "Paradise Lost."

Quote Originally Posted by JackBNimble View Post
    "Paradise Lost" was from Phil Jiminez's run. It was pretty well-crafted, taking a lot of what was set before and building on it. Specifically, he used the Bana-Mighdall repatriation onto Themyscira as the spark for dissention among the Amazons, leading to a civil war with transgressions from both sides.

Other threads that he wove into the Paradise Lost storyline were:
    --Bringing Donna Troy back into the WW-fold more fully, using the John Byrne mirror twin origin. Hippolyta fully recognized and embraced Donna as her own daughter and as princess.
    --Donna uses her new status to try to bridge the divide with the Bana-Mighdall, especially with photography.
    --Hippolyta's aspirations for more and continued role as Wonder Woman (from the Byrne run) is a point of friction for Diana. The Amazons also feel as if their queen has abandoned them for adventures in the outside world, which adds fuel to the divide between the tribes. Hippolyta's also engaging with Ted Grant as more than friends.
    --Fury is brought in as well, as the protégé of Hippolyta's Golden Age adventures with the JSA. Her instability and delusion of being Hippolyta's daughter is exploited by the architect of the civil war.

The story arc ended with Hippolyta and Diana abolishing the monarchy.

This leads to a pretty well-received single issue "A Day in the Life" story, featuring Lois Lane doing an in-depth piece on Wonder Woman.

And then "Paradise Found" story arc serves as the follow up to "Paradise Lost."
    Ohhhh it was GLORIOUS! I'll never forget how shocking it was to see bulldozers and machine guns on Paradise Island.

WW PARADISE LOST.jpg

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Oh, really... I thought it came from comics... my bad.
    Not really any acclaimed stories compared to Batman and Superman even though she is part of trinity. If you take Top 10 DC comics, she is not going to be in them compared to multiple Superman and Batman stories

Ok, so for my Wonder Woman Magnum Opus Destiny Story (or WWMODS, for short), I'd love it to be crafted by an all-female top talent creative team ... none of whom has ever done a solo WW tale prior to this project.

So, first question: uh, who exactly would be my candidates here?

No Gail Simone, for example. Been there, done that.

Looking for a top female writer, top female penciller (top female hybrid writer/artist would be ideal), inker, letterer, colorist, etc.

Can you suggest an all-star female creative team for this WWMODS who are still "virgins" (or "newbies", if that v-word is too politically incorrect) when it comes to working on Diana?

There's no great soul-defining 'WW' story, in the tradition of DARK KNIGHT or ALL-STAR SUPERMAN. There isn't. In it's place, in 70-plus years, ..there's nothing. For what started as the most imaginative comic of the Golden Age and became a pop culture icon...no truly definitive work in the annals, worthy of greatness.

Shame, shame, shame...
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 08-08-2019 at 05:38 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Ok, so for my Wonder Woman Magnum Opus Destiny Story (or WWMODS, for short), I'd love it to be crafted by an all-female top talent creative team ... none of whom has ever done a solo WW tale prior to this project.

So, first question: uh, who exactly would be my candidates here?

No Gail Simone, for example. Been there, done that.

Looking for a top female writer, top female penciller (top female hybrid writer/artist would be ideal), inker, letterer, colorist, etc.

Can you suggest an all-star female creative team for this WWMODS who are still "virgins" (or "newbies", if that v-word is too politically incorrect) when it comes to working on Diana?
    Uh why not Gail? If Gail got the same deal that Miller and Morrison got With TDKR and All-Star what makes you think she wouldn’t do a great job? Her run was sabotaged by editorial crap. If Gail got to tell a standalone WW story where she didn’t have to care about continuity or canon and got whatever artist she wanted I think she could do a great job.

Otherwise KSD. She wrote a good Diana in Aquaman #50 and she’s already doing an Amazons prequel story with Jimenez.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Uh why not Gail? If Gail got the same deal that Miller and Morrison got With TDKR and All-Star what makes you think she wouldn’t do a great job? Her run was sabotaged by editorial crap. If Gail got to tell a standalone WW story where she didn’t have to care about continuity or canon and got whatever artist she wanted I think she could do a great job.
    I think Simone is a good writer, but her strengths aren't really suited to this. Her strengths as an author lies in character interactions, the reference game, and wacky plots. Or put another way, she's a real street-level writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Otherwise KSD. She wrote a good Diana in Aquaman #50 and she’s already doing an Amazons prequel story with Jimenez.
    DeConnick is a strong possibility. She gets epic dramas and can drive up the gravitas of the story without letting it take over. She also has a strong understanding of character.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Extraordinary Member

I hate League of One, but it’s probably a strong contender.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

So I think I have a prime candidate to write this theoretical Wonder Woman Magnum Opus Destiny Story in time for release during Diana's 80th anniversary year in 2021.

This writer has worked professionally for Dark Horse, Marvel, and DC on a number of high-profile and/or critically acclaimed projects.

This writer currently has enough clout to open a new ongoing series about a notable character at one of the Big Two.

This writer has never worked on Wonder Woman before in any major way.

Bonus #1: This writer is a woman, which matters more than it probably should.

Bonus #2: This writer is a top-notch penciller as well, providing that same dual-threat talent that Frank Miller and John Byrne and George Perez also had in their primes.

This writer?

Joelle Jones.

That's my first vote for both writer and penciller on Wonder Woman's hypothetical magnum opus destiny story.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 09-16-2019 at 04:00 AM.

No, but I think the only superheroes that have those kinds of titles are Batman and Superman. So it isn't necessarily an indictment on the character.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    No, but I think the only superheroes that have those kinds of titles are Batman and Superman. So it isn't necessarily an indictment on the character.
    Not an indictment, but still not a good thing for Wonder Woman. Almost 78 years going strong now, and no single magnum opus? Hell, Spider-Man fans have "Kraven's Last Hunt", and that was like 30 years ago.

This gal deserves a better class of epic, and we're going to give DC the blueprint.

Ok, back on point: If Joelle Jones is already both the writer and penciller (and cover artist) for this hypothetical WWMOD in 2021, then who can we get for inker, colorist, and letterer? Female creatives preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Not an indictment, but still not a good thing for Wonder Woman. Almost 78 years going strong now, and no single magnum opus? Hell, Spider-Man fans have "Kraven's Last Hunt", and that was like 30 years ago.

This gal deserves a better class of epic, and we're going to give DC the blueprint.

Ok, back on point: If Joelle Jones is already both the writer and penciller (and cover artist) for this hypothetical WWMOD in 2021, then who can we get for inker, colorist, and letterer? Female creatives preferred.
    Again, she does. People have listed The Hiketeia, and the Perez and Rucka runs.