Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Highly annoyed that Magneto is on that list. But the list doesn't make much sense anyway. Why would the New Mutants be there along with Dark Beast and others? Does Cyclops know there is a new Hell Fire Club? The Inner Circle should be on the list, but then I don't think Emma Frost and Mystique should be back in charge of a new Hell Fire Club. Maybe the X-Office had a change of heart about Emma and isn't driving so hard off the cliff with the character. That makes me happy too. But there is no list of "problems" of the X-Men that wouldn't contain the Hell Fire Club and Inner Circle.

But Magneto, why? Most of what he was doing the last few years was at Cyke's orders. The most recent bullsh*t with him attacking the HF buildings was manipulation by Emma and Briar Raleigh. How can Scott Summers think Magneto is a "problem" now? That's why I say, Cyclops seems like a brain-washed version of himself. And Logan wanting to kill everyone on the list, how does that correlate with his stance during "Schism"? The "list" seems like an editorially mandated swerve, and doesn't arise from any past stories or character story arcs. It doesn't even align with current X-books in the Age of X-Man world. The premise is that mutants are going extinct? Or that the X-Men as a cult are going to disappear? If the former, didn't Scott already deal with this regarding Utopia. If the latter, how does making a list of mutants who range from truly evil (Dark Beast) to anti-hero (Magneto) to former X-Men (New Mutants) and call them "problems" that need to be solved, do ANYTHING to restore the X-Men or create some kind of X-Men legacy? Think, writers, think. What can Scott Summers do that is POSITIVE to restore the X-Men legacy? You can't think of something between Xavier-zombie cult leader Scott and "Revolutionary" Scott? Defining others who you don't like as a "problem" that you have to "solve" is about as de-humanizing and fascistic as you can get. So Scott Summers has gone hard-right-wing now?

The X-Men legacy of narrow-mindedness, dualistic moralizing, defining mutants as either Xavier follower or "enemy" or the X-Men legacy of trying to help mutants whoever they are, whatever they look like, and help the public accept their mutant neighbors? (Remember the Morlocks in Claremont's era, confronting Xavier with the fact that all his early students looked "normal" while they had to hide underground and Xavier called them "villains.") Is this coming from the characters, or from reactionaries who work for Marvel, who want to go back to the 1960s, not the 1990s and now project their prejudices onto the Scott Summers?

I'm sorry, but this preview makes no sense. The story looks disconnected from the past 15 years, it looks mandated, it appears to be inconsistent with other books being published at the same time. The characters are OOC but worse, just so simplistic, caricatures of themselves. I don't get what Scott is doing, or what he believes. The character is so much better than this. He would NOT put Magneto, the New Mutants, the Morlocks, and others on a list. I can't see him making a list on a legal pad of "problems" like the editors at a Marvel Summit making a list on a legal pad of the story-arcs they're going to deal with. Maybe even in order.

From this preview, it looks to me like the X-Books are going down the rabbit hole again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Where did you hear Siryn was joining this team?

I think that Rahne having long hair is fine; her hair color isn't Hope's distinguishing feature anymore. The scar on her eye is.
    Actually Rahne shouldn't have straight hair, it should be curly and frizzy like this picture even when long.

Last edited by jalsrix; 02-28-2019 at 07:13 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Scott has the memories of his teenage self; he's incredibly aware that Magneto went full psycho again.

And, again, the Morlocks and New Mutants are on that list. It's a list of unresolved issues, not enemies. Emma leading the new HFC (and, as explained by Williams and written by Thompson, doing so as a morally gray hero at best) isn't an unresolved issue.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Scott has the memories of his teenage self; he's incredibly aware that Magneto went full psycho again.

And, again, the Morlocks and New Mutants are on that list. It's a list of unresolved issues, not enemies. Emma leading the new HFC (and, as explained by Williams and written by Thompson, doing so as a morally gray hero at best) isn't an unresolved issue.
    Yep, they aren't targets, they're problems that need solving in some way or another. How they are going to go about solving these problems could still go downhill, but I like that it's not a hit-list.

BANNED

Emma and Magneto are villains, deal with it

In fact Emma should be the first person on Cyke's list, dealing with that problem will be the first step towards his redemption.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I don't recall either the Worthington Industries compound in SF or the former Weapon X base getting blown up, so unless Yana's teleporting has been nerfed due to the virus, they should've been able to hit those places up for gear, right?

Almost thought Rahne was Jean in some of those panels, lol.

BANNED

So the New Mutants actually meant new mutants like Chamber and Eye-girl because half of the original New Mutants are on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    Emma and Magneto are villains, deal with it

In fact Emma should be the first person on Cyke's list, dealing with that problem will be the first step towards his redemption.
    Go read Jessica Jones. The writers and editorial don't see Emma as a villain anymore - and she's appearing in Uncanny despite not being on this list anyway.

Oh, and Rahne with long hair had straight hair before too:

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    So the New Mutants actually meant new mutants like Chamber and Eye-girl because half of the original New Mutants are on the team.
    I think it meant more like purging Dani and Shan of the Techno-Organic virus.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Go read Jessica Jones. The writers and editorial don't see Emma as a villain anymore - and she's appearing in Uncanny despite not being on this list anyway.
    Is JJ part of the X-Office? If not, how she is there means very little. lol Hell the X-Office hardly keeps up with their own continuity, let alone what goes on in other books.

JDW has stated he doesn't like Hell-Face Turns, that he preferred Emma when she was against the X-Men & he feels Scott dragged down her character.

We know from the Bendis era that Scott and Illyana are on the Hot Topic Guest List, why didn't they pull up with that membership for new gear?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

What a weird list.

Factor Three is in there, that is sooo old school.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Is JJ part of the X-Office? If not, how she is there means nothing. lol Look at Brisson's Sabretooth in Iron Fist, then flip Over to Pak's Weapon X. lol Before Pak was forced to change his narrative, Creed was a villain there while still being an inverted good guy in IF.

JDW has stated he doesn't like Hell-Face Turns, that he preferred Emma when she was against the X-Men & he feels Scott dragged down her character.
    Which is all just pandering to 80s nostalgia because the X-Office thinks it makes the most money.

Luckily, literally every other writer at Marvel thinks different than White and Rosenberg. Jessica Jones, Iceman, X-Men Black, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Is JJ part of the X-Office? If not, how she is there means very little. lol
    ... It's written by Kelly Thompson. You know, one of the three writers that wrote Disassembled and is still writing Mr and Mrs X? So I'm fairly sure she knows what she's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Does Larroca know that Wolfsbane is supposed to be mousy? In any case, it will be fun when Hope shows up and looks like Rahne's identical twin.
    She hasnt been mousy since the 80s

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I don't recall either the Worthington Industries compound in SF or the former Weapon X base getting blown up, so unless Yana's teleporting has been nerfed due to the virus, they should've been able to hit those places up for gear, right?

Almost thought Rahne was Jean in some of those panels, lol.
    Magik actually has the ability to create uniforms (though this was during a period where her powers were boosted).