Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I love the JSA and Jay Garrick is one of my favorite members of that team and the flash family, but I had no clue that guy existed.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I was unaware he existed, and am now realizing that there is some sort of weird reverse flash family with Reverse-Flash, Zoom, Inertia, and apparently the Rival.
    So they're the villainous counterparts to Barry, Wally, Bart and Jay respectively, right? They should introduce a pair of new teenage Reverse Flashes - evil counterparts for Wallace and Avery.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Yeah. Johns was going to have another Flash event with the Flash Family vs. the Reverse Flash Family after his original ending for Flashpoint, but then the higher ups at WB came calling and the ending of Flashpoint was changed with the whole Pandora thing, Vertigo, DC and Wildstorm were merged into one and we got the New 52 instead.
    And then they can finally do this.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Flash: Inside the Return of Jay Garrick

That hopeful theme, and the fact it takes place in the early 1940s, makes this feel like a kind of sequel to the story that Scott Snyder and Bryan Hitch did in Wonder Woman #750. So is this supposed to kind of be the next chapter of that in a way?

Joshua Williamson: I wouldn't say the next chapter, but I would definitely say it's in the same vein. It's supposed to honor that story and show these things are happening and this story is moving forward. I think it's another sign of a bigger story that we're telling in the DC Universe that you're going to start seeing more and more.

There's other stories inside The Flash #750 aside from this one that kind of move a couple of things forward that you'll see in the spring and then the summer leading into the fall. So I would say it's not like it's a sequel, but it is another piece of that puzzle that we're building.

There was a moment in a recent issue of Justice League where Barry is in the 1940s with the JSA, and he tells Jay he feels like they've already met, but Jay doesn't feel that way, since their first meeting hasn't happened for Jay yet. There's obviously coordination with you, Scott Snyder, and other DC writers. I feel like that's happening with these JSA stories. How were these kind of divided up between everybody?

Joshua Williamson: I mean, I actually wrote this Jay story before the Wonder Woman story was written. And Scott and I talk fairly frequently throughout the week and throughout the day, we bounce back and forth and kind of get on the phone or get on chat so we can talk to each other. I mean we just talked to each other. It's that easy. We talk to each other and we discuss what we're going to do and he knew I was going to be doing this story and then I thought he was going to be doing that story and there was a little bit of an "Oh, okay, can we connect these?" We make sure it's all part of the thing.

Scott's always really liked Wonder Woman and he's always wanting to do a story with Wonder Woman in this specific area. So I think it was perfect for him. I always wanted to bring Jay in and do a hopeful story with Jay. This one Jay story you're getting is eight pages in an 80 page book. And it's funny...once you read all 80 pages, these eight pages are going to take on a whole new meaning for you. You're going to look at certain things and be like "Oh, that's what this was about." It'll actually start to build.

Full interview here: https://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/d...of-jay-garrick

Jay looks like Teddy Sears in that one panel.

Oh hey, The Shade!
    Yeah. Johns was going to have another Flash event with the Flash Family vs. the Reverse Flash Family after his original ending for Flashpoint, but then the higher ups at WB came calling and the ending of Flashpoint was changed with the whole Pandora thing, Vertigo, DC and Wildstorm were merged into one and we got the New 52 instead.
    What I would've given to see this instead of the New 52 relaunch .

Astonishing Member

Geoff Johns left Flash before the decision came to do a big reboot. Manapul/Buccellato said that their first pitch/outline picked up where Geoff left off, but they had to throw that out when they were told about the reboot. I wish I could find the podcast/interview where this was mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That isn't the Rival Flash. That's a robot that appeared in one panel of one issue: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/rever...sh/4005-83879/

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Geoff Johns left Flash before the decision came to do a big reboot. Manapul/Buccellato said that their first pitch/outline picked up where Geoff left off, but they had to throw that out when they were told about the reboot. I wish I could find the podcast/interview where this was mentioned...
    Most likely Manapul/Buccellato were taking over Flash with Johns doing All Flash, the Flash family book that was in the works.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

You know I kind of hope that while Wally is looking at DC history he just gets really confused when he sees the Wildstorm characters. Like everything seems normal and suddenly he just sees a scene he is unaware of and goes "who the heck is Grifter and Team 7?"

I mean I kind of hope that they will use 5G to bring back Midnighter, who I really enjoyed in his DCyou ongoing, as well maybe introduce Gen13 proper.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

DC has been very weird with integrating Wildstorm. Really, only midnighter has gotten any development. Kinda how they only really used Static when they had Milestone in there. Would be interesting to see them (and Milestone but that would take a blood sacrifice to achieve apparently).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Most likely Manapul/Buccellato were taking over Flash with Johns doing All Flash, the Flash family book that was in the works.
    How did you reach that conclusion? Johns left Flash and relaunched Justice League and Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    DC has been very weird with integrating Wildstorm. Really, only midnighter has gotten any development. Kinda how they only really used Static when they had Milestone in there. Would be interesting to see them (and Milestone but that would take a blood sacrifice to achieve apparently).
    Well no idea what is happening with Milestone (sad how thats all turned out) but Wildstorm is on that timeline as discussed previously so...always a chance someone might do something good.
    Words to live by.

Ok so I kind of just put this together after posting in the Wally thread, and I am not sure if anyone else said this already, but if Wally isn't going to be the villain in Generation Zero ala Parallax in Zero Hour (and I really hope he isn't) I think I thought of another suspect or suspects who could be the villains. I thought of this because when it comes to the Mobius Chair I remembered a forth entity involved...Grid of the Crime Syndicate. If you remember in Darkseid War, Owlman after stealing the mobius chair put the Earth 3 counterpart of Cyborg, Grid, into the chair and Grid even speaks to him before Doctor Manhattan annihilates them. That means Grid is still in the Chair when Wally gets its power along with Doctor Manhattan's power from the Chair, which would also go to Grid. Besides that you know who else made a recent appearance as being alive again, the Crime Syndicate in Hell Arisen. So, either we are going generic that Wally goes mad with power or The Crime Syndicate ala Grid is gonna try to rewrite history/the universe. I could be completely wrong but it is something to think about if Grid is still in the chair.

jl-50-a.jpg
    DCs-Year-of-the-Villain-Hell-Arisen-1-spoilers-4.jpg
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-09-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    Words to live by.

How did you reach that conclusion? Johns left Flash and relaunched Justice League and Aquaman.
    That was after the relaunch. Before the relaunch Robinson was writing the Justice League book while Johns was going to write the Aquaman book spinning out of Brightest Day and All Flash spinning out of his Flash run.

Fantastic Member

[QUOTE=Frontier;4824229]Jay looks like Teddy Sears in that one panel.

Oh hey, The Shade!

What I would've given to see this instead of the New 52 relaunch .[/QUOTE

Not to be the guy who breaks up the party (sigh.), but why does Jay have blond hair in this preview? And what has happened to his original outfit? This one looks as if it were designed by the New 52 crew...Edit: I gave the link to the Williamson interview a more thorough read and it looks as if the plan in place for several years now has been to alter Jay's costume to this current form. No explanations about the blond hair, however. Perhaps we can place the golden tresses in the same "colorist error" box where Al Pratt's original Golden Age costume in the recent JLA arc was actually depicted as striped?
    Last edited by Stingo; 02-09-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

That was after the relaunch. Before the relaunch Robinson was writing the Justice League book while Johns was going to write the Aquaman book spinning out of Brightest Day and All Flash spinning out of his Flash run.
    Geoff Johns and Jim Lee's Justice League was in the works for a while. The second story arc was supposed to be the first, before the reboot idea came into play.

Geoff Johns and Jim Lee's Justice League was in the works for a while. The second story arc was supposed to be the first, before the reboot idea came into play.
    Yeah, but the relaunch was what brought those things about a lot sooner than originally planned. No relaunch, Robinson finishes his JLA the way he was supposed to, Johns launches his Aquaman with Mera, Tula and Jackson as already established supporting characters and the build up to the Flash Family vs. The Reverse Flash Family begins.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but the relaunch was what brought those things about a lot sooner than originally planned. No relaunch, Robinson finishes his JLA the way he was supposed to, Johns launches his Aquaman with Mera, Tula and Jackson as already established supporting characters and the build up to the Flash Family vs. The Reverse Flash Family begins.
    Right. So the end result is that he left Flash so he could relaunch Aquaman and Justice League.

I can't find much online about Geoff writing All Flash - it's been so many years. But Noodle's suggestion that Geoff planned to leave the core Flash title to write All Flash instead, seems far-fetched.