Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty sure Liu did Death and Reign back to back. The problems with Reign had more to do with the time constraint than anything. Red Son is a three issue mini so I don’t see it having the same problems.
    OK, but the writer of DoS was Tomasi.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    OK, but the writer of DoS was Tomasi.
    And Reign’s was Sheridan. JMD has written some pretty great stuff, including Kraven’s Last Hunt, JLI, and one of my favorite Superman Elseworlds Speeding Bullets. Wasn’t a fan of Batman vs. Robin or Bad Blood which he wrote but Justice League Dark was great I thought. I think he’ll do a good job here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Eh, the art style/character design doesn't really wow me on this, I miss when they used to try and ape the original artist's style better, and his chin looks too big. But as long as the movie is good I'll get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Not sure about the director, Sam Liu. Reign could have been more exciting and moving. It turned out just fine. The director of DoS did an stronger job, imo. Still haven't seen some of those other movies.

Is the writer for Red Son really good? Have no idea who he is, but the writing better be really good.

Oh and Supes looks handsome. Wonder if he wears the trunks in this.. Really hope the graphics are better than other recent movies.
    I forget, who directed DoS? Because yeah, I'd rather have that guy on such a big Superman story.

And did Red Son Supes have the trunks? I'm trying to remember that part of the costume but I'm drawing a blank.
    Personally I prefer no trunks either way, but I'm less resistant to it on these big name story adaptations because I get the appeal of having it be just like the classic story.

Looks like Jim Krieg and Bruce Timm might be producers.
    Pretty sure Liu did Death and Reign back to back. The problems with Reign had more to do with the time constraint than anything. Red Son is a three issue mini so I don’t see it having the same problems.
    He did direct both Death and Reign but I believe Jake Castorena co-directed for at least one of them.
    And Reign’s was Sheridan. JMD has written some pretty great stuff, including Kraven’s Last Hunt, JLI, and one of my favorite Superman Elseworlds Speeding Bullets. Wasn’t a fan of Batman vs. Robin or Bad Blood which he wrote but Justice League Dark was great I thought. I think he’ll do a good job here.
    I think this will be the first time he's done a direct adaption with the animated movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I forget, who directed DoS? Because yeah, I'd rather have that guy on such a big Superman story.

And did Red Son Supes have the trunks? I'm trying to remember that part of the costume but I'm drawing a blank.
    Personally I prefer no trunks either way, but I'm less resistant to it on these big name story adaptations because I get the appeal of having it be just like the classic story.
    He had trunks:

Yep. He also wrote come really cool Dr Fate comics in 80's and early 90's (which I've still got in my collection). I think he should do a good job here.

He had trunks:

Huh. Maybe because they weren't red they didn't stand out in my mind as much?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Huh. Maybe because they weren't red they didn't stand out in my mind as much?
    Didn’t he also have a couple costumes? Maybe one of them was trunkless.

Spectacular Member

I'm not 100% sure about the trunks thing since I'm going off memory, but yeah he did go through a few costumes to reflect the story taking place over decades.

thanks. Really hope the writing is strong all around with some memorable lines.

Regarding the trunks lol.. I don't care if he has them or not here. My main concern is a powerful story. Also the visuals. Hope this looks pretty.

It would be great to have him wearing different costumes.

He had at least two if not more. Definitely the costume he wore when working for/under Stalin's reign was different from the one he wore later as the head of the Soviet Union himself.

Red Son and Man of Tomorrow promo pics. Really like the look of Metropolis in the Man of Tomorrow pic, hoping that’s how Metropolis will look in the movie! https://www.reddit.com/r/superman/co...tm_name=iossmf

Really really hope these 2 movies are great. Otherwise, why even bother?

First look at Red Son Batman:

Red Son and Man of Tomorrow promo pics. Really like the look of Metropolis in the Man of Tomorrow pic, hoping that’s how Metropolis will look in the movie! https://www.reddit.com/r/superman/co...tm_name=iossmf
    Metropolis in the Man of Tomorrow pic looks like how it did in past in-continuity movies, in my opinion, but I'm also not beholden to that since I think that might also be their go-to for animated depictions of Metropolis. Very "city of tomorrow" though.

Red Son's very fitting.

First look at Red Son Batman:

Metropolis in the Man of Tomorrow pic looks like how it did in past in-continuity movies, in my opinion, but I'm also not beholden to that since I think that might also be their go-to for animated depictions of Metropolis. Very "city of tomorrow" though.

Red Son's very fitting.
    Eh I don’t really agree. Here’s what Metropolis looked like in Reign of the Supermen promo:
    7561F7F6-AE0E-453E-9C5C-0406FC23E498.jpg
    Versus in Man of Tomorrow’s promo pic:
    7E7D540A-3F27-42CF-8A6E-A014CEA2B3DA.jpg

The Metropolis of Reign looks like your typical generic modern day city while Man of Tomorrow’s Metropolis looks more 70s sci-fi or like the DCAU Metropolis.

Edit: Why do the pics always shrink? Is there a way to fix that?

Eh I don’t really agree. Here’s what Metropolis looked like in Reign of the Supermen promo:
    7561F7F6-AE0E-453E-9C5C-0406FC23E498.jpg
    Versus in Man of Tomorrow’s promo pic:
    7E7D540A-3F27-42CF-8A6E-A014CEA2B3DA.jpg

The Metropolis of Reign looks like your typical generic modern day city while Man of Tomorrow’s Metropolis looks more 70s sci-fi or like the DCAU Metropolis.

Edit: Why do the pics always shrink? Is there a way to fix that?
    I'm really curious as to what the storyline will be for Man of Tomorrow. That Metropolis doesn't fit a "back to basics" Superman as some theorized, considering it looks like a shining futuristic city (which I like don't get me wrong).

As the for the photo thing, the only fix I've been able to find is adding them via URL and not a saved photo. Saved photos always seem to shrink.