Page 79 of 117 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1743
    BANNED

ngl his mutie squad had style, they just deserve a better education in self love

omg theyd be such a good hellions arc, zeb wells please hear my pleas

The Crucible was a fantastic exercise in crafting ritual. I know Hickman is a far cry from the magician writers like Morrison, but a lot of the symbolism was spot during the Crucible. Even the name, while cliched, is clever, given the purpose of a crucible is to burn off impurities and reveal the pure metal.

The rest of the issue was great too. Nightcrawler pondering the dark underbelly of Krakoa, the creepy/sad scene with Doug and Warlock, more set up for Wanda's entrance... I am not a big X-fan but I'm loving what Hickman is crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Great recap Vegan Daddy! I really enjoyed this issue especially the scenes between Logan, Scott and Kurt and the scene with Warlock is both creepy and funny.

Regarding the crucible and what happened to Aero, yeah it was messed up especially having her die like this in front of all of Krakoa and I wonder what's going to be the consequences on the long term for those who went through this "ritual", especially the trauma that come with it.

Yu's art was really good here, I've always loved the way he draws Apocalypse.

So all in all it's another good issue of X-Men in my opinion but honestly after reading this issue, I hope Hickman will have another title with Kurt as one of the main protagonists, I really like he way he writes him.
    Just want to make some points to be clear about this. It was Gutherie's own choice to become a mutant again and she knows what she has to do. Nobody wants kill themselves via suicide. The main question of the issue was what happens to souls after he or she dies.

Kurt pointed that whole thing about his perception for death or resurrection and what happens to souls after he or she dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I am pretty sure Reed would do anything for his children but I have yet to see him get on his knees before a nazi who just mentally and physically tortured him just to keep safe the mind of one of his stranged children, history of hisl life no one noticed this but that always has been his luck.
    I Don't see him defending his daughter on Krakoa, eventhough he knows she was possessed by the Life Force during the events of Disassembled, then House of M.
    He had the knowledge and means to stop the desacration of his daughter's name as "the Pretender" long before it took hold, now it's too late, even the children are taught to hate and fear her, as much as they are taught to hate and fear sapiens.

I have no sympathy for a man capable of throwing his own children Under the bus, even by apathy, the moment his wishes are granted, or ignore them altogether when he learns they aren't his blood.

n.b: and also, isn't that chilling that the Red Skull's doctrine matches the one Magneto purpoted at Davos a couple of issues ago? He's a supremacist through and through.
    Last edited by People Of The Earth; 02-27-2020 at 06:56 AM.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    I Don't see him defending his daughter on Krakoa, eventhough he knows she was possessed by the Life Force during the events of Disassembled, then House of M.
    He had the knowledge and means to stop the desacration of his daughter's name as "the Pretender" long before it took hold, now it's too late, even the children are taught to hate and fear her, as much as they are taught to hate and fear sapiens.

I have no sympathy for a man capable of throwing his own children Under the bus, even by apathy, the moment his wishes are granted, or ignore them altogether when he learns they aren't his blood.
    she aint his child, the only conection there ever was just in blood and that is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    she aint his child, the only conection there was only ever in blood and that is gone.
    Exactly my point, thank you.
    Magneto is an awful parent. Just so you know? Blood isn't the be all, end all of parenting.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Magneto is an awful parent. Just so you know? Blood isn't the be all, end all of parenting.
    exactly, he was never her father, they were never close EVER, it was a looose conection only kept because he fucked her mom once upon a time.
    witout any biological connection, that already faint conection is gone
    so why would he defend her?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    she aint his child, the only conection there ever was just in blood and that is gone.
    Right!! Better luck Next episode...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vt2i0ts-uck
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, even Val or Franklin turned out to not be his kids, you know he would still love them. And Magneto is not a good father. That is hard cannon!
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Reed is a better father than Magneto but Claremont's Magneto certainly wasn't indifferent to Wanda: he went rescuing her after she killed the Avengers and asked Xavier to heal her…

Hickman's Magneto is a wacko.
    The idea that he would care for Lorna on Krakoa while ignoring Wanda and Pietro because they aren't mutants anymore/ aren't his blood sheds a terrible light on the kind of man and parent he is.
    That's so bad.

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

like i know he isnt her father, never was, why do you want him to act like one when you also state he isnt a father to her ?

Spectacular Member

Yeah but where does parenting come into it He met her as an adult and was unaware of any relationship until much later.For a while he thought he had an adult daughter but she never was.
    I don't think a poor relationship with an adult that you for a while falsely thought was your child makes you a bad parent.

BANNED

Absolutely.

The idea that he would care for Lorna on Krakoa while ignoring Wanda and Pietro because they aren't mutants anymore/ aren't his blood sheds a terrible light on the kind of man and parent he is.
    That's so bad.
    lorna actually considers him her father and cares for him, vice versa, they have been working it out but the relantionship is there.
    it was never ever ever there with the twins

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Just want to make some points to be clear about this. It was Gutherie's own choice to become a mutant again and she knows what she has to do. Nobody wants kill themselves via suicide. The main question of the issue was what happens to souls after he or she dies.

Kurt pointed that whole thing about his perception for death or resurrection and what happens to souls after he or she dies.
    I never said she was forced to participate, I just said it was messed up to see her die like this in front of Krakoa and that I wondered what's going to be the consequences on the long term for those who went through this crucible especially the psychological trauma that could come with it.

Absolutely.

That's so bad.
    You meeeeean the kids who were never 'proud' to be mutants? And were not particularly proud to be his kids? What would you have. Them do? Talk about? If you had an adult cousin that didn't particularly vibe with you....then it turns out y'all aren't related would still want to be around that person?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I never said she was forced to participate, I just said it was messed up to see her die like this in front of Krakoa and that I wondered what's going to be the consequences on the long term for those who went through this crucible especially the psychological trauma that could come with it.
    Given the note about Synch's mental stability a few issues ago, and Wolverine's comments in Wolverine #1, it seems like this is going to be addressed head on at some point. You're right to ponder it.