Page 229 of 865 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329729 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 12974
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    I'm interested in Saga. Got any interior pics? Is it as interesting as Y?
    I haven't got the HC yet but I've read the first trade. It's very, very good. It's a weird journey with a lot of action an bizarre concepts. It's worth a read for sure
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Saga is a brilliant read and the art is great. It's hard to find pics that don't spoil things though.

And here's Zenith Phase Four. Will be getting Phase Two soon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...pf_rd_i=468294

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to read either series yet. I'll post a few pics below. Sorry, the best I can do with the camera on my phone. Most of the extras are step-by-step details on how the comic was created. From the general idea to script and storyboards. Very detailed. It also includes a few sketches by Fiona Staples. Binding is sewn. Takes awhile to lay flat without weight pushing it down. If you meant you want shots of the binding and such just ask and I'll take a few.

Last edited by danmar85; 12-07-2014 at 01:47 PM.

BANNED

I hope we get a non-limited edition hardcover of all 4 Zenith's collected into one book.

A few pics of Alien Legion: Omnibus v01. Art is from the early '80s. Probably '84-'85.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I hope we get a non-limited edition hardcover of all 4 Zenith's collected into one book.
    I hope not: in this case my limited Zenith HC will fall in price +)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    I hope not: in this case my limited Zenith HC will fall in price +)
    Nooo, keep the limited HC exclusive stuff and whatnot, just pull out an ordinary hardcover or something, so then everyone wins.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    A few pics of Alien Legion: Omnibus v01. Art is from the early '80s. Probably '84-'85.
    The art looks pretty solid. What's the story about? I heard the name Alien Legion before but I don't know anything about it. Is it good?

Saga looks interesting and I really liked Vaughn's Y: The Last Man, so I'd willingly to buy this great $50 OHC.

I've never read Alien Legion either, but the art looks good! Is that 80s DC? What's the dustjacket and hardcover look like?

Saga looks interesting and I really liked Vaughn's Y: The Last Man, so I'd willingly to buy this great $50 OHC.

I've never read Alien Legion either, but the art looks good! Is that 80s DC? What's the dustjacket and hardcover look like?

Epic Comics. A Marvel imprint. Pretty much early to mid 80's for this particular Omnibus. The Omnibus are only available as TPB unfortunately and they're pretty small in size. The first two Omni are published by Dark Horse while the next two are published through Titan Comics. I'm not sure on the size of the Titan Omnibus. I'm actually waiting on Omnibus 2 and 3 to show up next week. A fourth is available next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    The art looks pretty solid. What's the story about? I heard the name Alien Legion before but I don't know anything about it. Is it good?
    Sorry, haven't read it. Just arrived a few days ago and I have a bad habit of not reading my books for long periods of time.

I posted this last night. I'll post a few pics of size comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    What originally caught my eye was a solicitation for Alien Legion: Uncivil War, scheduled for 2015. I liked the premise and looked into the backstory of this series.

Here's a little copy/paste from Wikipedia:

"Alien Legion is a science-fiction comic-book series and associated titles created by Carl Potts, Alan Zelenetz, and Frank Cirocco for Marvel Comics's Epic Comics imprint in 1983. It features a military unit, Force Nomad, similar to the French Foreign Legion."

Unfortunately, the series usually didn't last more than 20 or so issues before being cancelled, but it usually managed to resuscitate itself. It encompasses two short runs and a few mini-series. If you're interested in reading it, there are a few Omnibus out atm, with a fourth on the way next year.

Here's the list:

Alien Legion: Omnibus v01 - Contains the first half of the first series. Published by Dark Horse and available as TPB only.
    Alien Legion: Omnibus v02 - Contains the second half of the first series along with "A Grey Day To Die" GN. Published by Dark Horse and available as TPB only.
    Alien Legion: Dead & Buried - Contains the first issues of the second series. Published by Titan Comics and available as TPB only.
    Alien Legion: Vector Red - Should continue with issues from the second series. Scheduled for release early 2015. Published by Titan Comics and available as TPB only.

I'm not sure if the newest Omnibus will collect anything other than the second series. There are still a few mini-series floating around and I'm unsure of the chances of any of them being reprinted.

Alien Legion: Omnibus v01 size comparison to a volume of Mind MGMT. The hardcover is the normal Dark Horse dimensions, which some feel are pretty small to begin with.

I really want to get zenith but the volumes are way to expensive for the page count imo

If anyone picks up Ciudad HC published by Oni Press, I would love to get their input on build quality, size and their thoughts on the story.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

I'm buying the individual Zenith Hc's now and hope they put out another one volume edition. I would care less about price of books I have going down just so they could stay in print so whomever wanted could get their hands on it. Some prices are so absurd its not even fair. Collecting these books isn't about the money for me. I just want the nicest hc's of my favorite stories (and a few guilty pleasures haha).