Page 49 of 301 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

June 2019 solicits are being secretive about what is going on, very vague. Just an implication that the HFC is linked to the X-Men, so it could be Emma has been supporting them from the background. It sounds like that it is a situation of desperation, that may be why Mystique is involved with Emma, if they found out that the new cure completely destroys the X-Gene and removes all potential future mutants then it may be an alliance of desperation to try and stop it.

UNCANNY X-MEN #19 & #20
    MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • ISSUE #19 - Carlos Villa (A)
    ISSUE #20- Salvador Larroca (A)
    ISSUE #19 - MARVELS 25TH TRIBUTE VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
    CoverS by WHILCE PORTACIO
    First – learn the truth about the Hellfire Club’s involvement in the X-Men’s quest. Then, the mutant race faces elimination at the hands of a vaccine erasing the X-Gene from future generations…

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    June 2019 solicits are being secretive about what is going on, very vague. Just an implication that the HFC is linked to the X-Men, so it could be Emma has been supporting them from the background. It sounds like that it is a situation of desperation, that may be why Mystique is involved with Emma, if they found out that the new cure completely destroys the X-Gene and removes all potential future mutants then it may be an alliance of desperation to try and stop it.

UNCANNY X-MEN #19 & #20
    MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • ISSUE #19 - Carlos Villa (A)
    ISSUE #20- Salvador Larroca (A)
    ISSUE #19 - MARVELS 25TH TRIBUTE VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
    CoverS by WHILCE PORTACIO
    First – learn the truth about the Hellfire Club’s involvement in the X-Men’s quest. Then, the mutant race faces elimination at the hands of a vaccine erasing the X-Gene from future generations…
    Was anyone involved in Black on the Uncanny team? If they expect the HFC to be evil, that could be the truth they learn. And the second image doesn't look like Emma/Mystique/Miss Sinister. Still gonna be waiting on the possible relaunch and hope for good news.

I can't believe this great uniform was wasted on like 5 issues only.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I can't believe this great uniform was wasted on like 5 issues only.
    The only good thing from that run, and the only thing they didn't keep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    The only good thing from that run, and the only thing they didn't keep.
    That tends to be a theme with the X-men sometimes.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

About Emma o new JJ issue, short but so good. Since I am not very optimistic about Emma's role in Uncanny X-men it is good to see her being well written somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Those werenÂ’t her memories. It was all second hand info she got from Beast (I believe it was him) and he had a different relationship with Emma. ThatÂ’s why teen Jean wasnÂ’t hostile towards Emma bc she was a stranger to her. She didnÂ’t have any strong opinion of her bc she hadnÂ’t experienced the pain that she caused

The reasons not to trust Emma are IvX, Secret Empire and Mothervine. Emma hasnÂ’t had the best track record lately
    During Morrison run when Jean fixed shattered Emma her words were "Wake up Emma, Scott needs you". That sounds like some one who has come to terms with things.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    During Morrison run when Jean fixed shattered Emma her words were "Wake up Emma, Scott needs you". That sounds like some one who has come to terms with things.
    The Phoenix said that and that was foreshadowing Here Comes Tomorrow.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Woah! I never realized that, it makes so much sense now.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Those werenÂ’t her memories. It was all second hand info she got from Beast (I believe it was him) and he had a different relationship with Emma. ThatÂ’s why teen Jean wasnÂ’t hostile towards Emma bc she was a stranger to her. She didnÂ’t have any strong opinion of her bc she hadnÂ’t experienced the pain that she caused

The reasons not to trust Emma are IvX, Secret Empire and Mothervine. Emma hasnÂ’t had the best track record lately
    I was just rereading Bendis run and found this
    __________utdkjg9.jpg

Emma uses the words forgiveness

Jean and Phoenix were the same during his run. She was total embodiment of the PF. The perfect avatar. Besides it was Jean who was speaking before that. It was Jean that felt that Emma loved Scott.
    Last edited by DiamondQueen; 03-20-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    Jean and Phoenix were the same during his run. She was total embodiment of the PF. The perfect avatar. Besides it was Jean who was speaking before that. It was Jean that felt that Emma loved Scott.
    That line wasnt indicative of Jean moving on. She had just found out about the affair and attacked Emma the night before. It doesnt make sense that she had come to terms with it that fast. She was bonded to the PF and it had a higher purpose. Human emotions were ultimately inconsequential to that. That line was foreshadowing what we would ultimately learn in HCT. The Phoenix needed Emma alive for Scott bc the X-men fall without her around. I didnt see anything about Jean's words or action being about forgiveness but rather doing what needed to be done

Since it’s a high probability that Hickman may return to the X-men, I pray to god that he finally gets to use Emma as he’s a fan of her character and can now finally write her seeing as though no one else is. We were truly robbed of getting Emma to be apart of the Illuminati
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Since it’s a high probability that Hickman may return to the X-men, I pray to god that he finally gets to use Emma as he’s a fan of her character and can now finally write her seeing as though no one else is. We were truly robbed of getting Emma to be apart of the Illuminati
    Honestly I wouldn't want Emma with them. Their whole thing is doing stuff that needs to be done for everyone, but I can't see Emma willingly taking orders from a council of people she barely agrees with most of the time.