Default Comicbook Iron Man vs TV Homelander

Comicbook Iron Man vs TV Homelander

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Comicbook Iron Man vs TV Homelander
    How tough are Tony's current suits?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm not 100% up on Iron Man these days, but he can take hits from anyone below Class 100 without immediately folding.

Thor tends to get through them PDQ, but that's Thor.

Basically, if this guy in the Ben Grim (Class 80 comic book) range, he's not getting through them for a while. And I kind of get the idea from the talk around here that Homelander is nowhere near an actual Class 100.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm not 100% up on Iron Man these days, but he can take hits from anyone below Class 100 without immediately folding.

Thor tends to get through them PDQ, but that's Thor.

Basically, if this guy in the Ben Grim (Class 80 comic book) range, he's not getting through them for a while. And I kind of get the idea from the talk around here that Homelander is nowhere near an actual Class 100.
    Yeah, Homelander has been primarily implied power levels so far. His eye lasers are good but he hasn't displayed anywhere close to a real Class 100's Strength Level.

Which means he isn't getting through Tony's suit for awhile.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

If his durability isn't in a similar range, Tony can and will take him out with his various weapons.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Homelander has no real big brick feats at the moment. Other than casually killing guys like twice or so. He got taken down by a train falling on him for a ko?

Tony has stuff that out performs that.

'Train falling on' is something below the level of a comic book Class 80. So yeah, that's below Tony's output as well.

Classic Rogue, for example, has carried around a fairly big section of a train, if I recall correctly (I might not).
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Homelander has no real big brick feats at the moment. Other than casually killing guys like twice or so. He got taken down by a train falling on him for a ko?

Tony has stuff that out performs that.
    I actually think it was a bus and some rubble from the street above them. It didn't hurt him much at all but it did keep him pinned long enough for the Boys to run and for Stormfront to chase Kimiko and her brother through an apartment, destroying it in the process, and then smack them around and kill the brother. Although we aren't sure how long he was pinned for and how long he was searching for them.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    'Train falling on' is something below the level of a comic book Class 80. So yeah, that's below Tony's output as well.

Classic Rogue, for example, has carried around a fairly big section of a train, if I recall correctly (I might not).

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I actually think it was a bus and some rubble from the street above them. It didn't hurt him much at all but it did keep him pinned long enough for the Boys to run and for Stormfront to chase Kimiko and her brother through an apartment, destroying it in the process, and then smack them around and kill the brother. Although we aren't sure how long he was pinned for and how long he was searching for them.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Other than smashing through a plane, does comic homelander even have a lot of strength feats?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Iron Man's force field and armor can handle an initial blitz, whether from superhuman punches or eye beams. Then he unleashes an area of effect sonic attack that will really mess with Homelander, setting up a serious chest-beam blast and then a beatdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Other than smashing through a plane, does comic homelander even have a lot of strength feats?

Probably his biggest one that I could find.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Conics biggest thing was the mentioned plane toss. Really for a evil super man he is tame feat wise.