Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    But Loki got the Tesseract and escaped before any of the Stones left the timeline. Would returning the stones "back track" time to prevent his escape?
    The time stone, in fact, happens to be very useful at doing just that.

The Terminator:dark fate director has some issues with The Time Travel in Endgame, although his problem is multiple timelines instead of one timeline and little stakes. The journalist admit why most of the time travel makes little sense, it is about an ''entertaining film''

https://screenrant.com/terminator-6-...me-comparison/

Wonder how T6 will turn out. T2 is one of the best time travel dystopian movies.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-19-2019 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    The Terminator:dark fate director has some issues with The Time Travel in Endgame, although his problem is multiple timelines instead of one timeline and little stakes. The journalist admit why most of the time travel makes little sense, it is about an ''entertaining film''

Wonder how T6 will turn out. T2 is one of the best time travel dystopian movies.
    T2 is a great film but logic wise Terminator (1984) is a better Time Travel film because T2 ending causes tons of paradoxes but as a fun action film it's one of the greatest.

It's rich though for any complaints to come from anyone connected with the Terminator how many timelines are there now? I mean Terminator 3 and the Sarah Conners Chronicles both changed the timeline dates for Judgement day and Gensys or how ever they spelled was just a mess with the new timelines.

BANNED

Yes, The Terminator time travel wasn’t convoluted and messy, like Endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    T2 is a great film but logic wise Terminator (1984) is a better Time Travel film because T2 ending causes tons of paradoxes but as a fun action film it's one of the greatest.

It's rich though for any complaints to come from anyone connected with the Terminator how many timelines are there now? I mean Terminator 3 and the Sarah Conners Chronicles both changed the timeline dates for Judgement day and Gensys or how ever they spelled was just a mess with the new timelines.
    T2 is better than T1. T2 has better filmaking. The debate of ''better film'' is based on your personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Yes, The Terminator time travel wasn’t convoluted and messy, like Endgame.
    The Terminator series is like X-Men in almost everything. Both franchises should have ended after their time travel movies. The only thing Endgame could have done is try to copy from one of those movies in not just how to use time travel but how to write good dystopian story.

T2 is better than T1. T2 has better filmaking. The debate of ''better film'' is based on your personal preference.

The Terminator series is like X-Men in almost everything. Both franchises should have ended after their time travel movies. The only thing Endgame could have done is try to copy from one of those movies in not just how to use time travel but how to write good dystopian story.
    I wasn't stating a personal preference to which is a better over all film I was saying from a Time Travel POV Terminator is a better story because it's a simple Time Loop with no Paradoxes while T2 by changing the future which the film ending implies creates paradoxes.

BANNED

Another things that irks me.
    1.The AO said in effect the stones keep time flowing as we know it, so when Thanos destroyed the stones, time should have stopped.

2. Tony and Nat didn’t have to die, after Tony did the reverse sap he still had the reality stone in his possession, he had time to change reality where he and Nat is still living.

3. Tony took the stones out of the Gauntlet, he and Peter could have easily removed the stones in IW, but I guess it’s better to make two blockbusters films over just one.

4. This one might be a little nitpicking. Tony creatives a time machine overnight, but couldn’t find a way to defeat Thanos in IW.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    I liked FAThor. Outside his deep trauma & self destructive behavior, the idea of a emo-fat Viking drinking/talking smack on xbox live feel...right. Yeah, it feels right.
    The OP considering it a "gag" made me not read anything else he had to say on any subject, ever again.

BANNED

3. Tony took the stones out of the Gauntlet, he and Peter could have easily removed the stones in IW, but I guess it’s better to make two blockbusters films over just one.
    Tony took the stones out of a nanotechnology gauntlet that he created, not the IG proper.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What part of the "they only create alternate timelines when going back in time" explanation (that we were all spoon-fed twice) are people either missing entirely or refusing listen to.
    All of it obviously. Because that isn’t how it works. The movie shows us how it works and that theory was WRONG!

This isn’t about being stubborn. I myself have said on multiple occasions that future writers can pick up these threads however they want and thereby tell us more about the rules. But this movie tells us the rules ONLY in the AO/Banner scene. It doesn’t tell us the rules in the Banner/Lang scene, that scene is just a casual reassurance to the general audience that they can stop worrying about rules.

The equation is this:

Movie facts + Banner’s theory = a messy time travel movie that isn’t logical.

Movie facts + Ancient One’s explanation = a slightly hand-wavy mystical movie that is logically sound if we are prepared to accept magical time manipulating gems.

Now I know many fans want tight logical non-magical time travel, but this isn’t that movie.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-21-2019 at 07:42 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    But Loki got the Tesseract and escaped before any of the Stones left the timeline. Would returning the stones "back track" time to prevent his escape?
    No. The current way it has been stated is that the stones get placed back in their original timestream at the exact moment that branching occurs (thereby closing the branches) which means at the moment Lang and Banner take the Mind and Time Stones back to the future. This means Loki still escaped. The Tesseract and Cap & Tony travelling back further are irrelevant to branching at this specific point in time.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-21-2019 at 07:43 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Another things that irks me.
    1.The AO said in effect the stones keep time flowing as we know it, so when Thanos destroyed the stones, time should have stopped.
    She said that they create what we perceive as time. See my various theories on a previous page but time doesn’t stop so something new is happening. Maybe this is why Doctor Strange was needed, especially now we know his next movie has Multiverse in the title.

My suggestion that the multiverse was created by destroying the stones could be true. That totally changes how we as viewers perceive time. The MCU may play with this.

BANNED

But that mean our perception time will stop. So how is everybody still perceiving time after the stones are destroyed?
    Last edited by luprki; 07-21-2019 at 01:26 PM.

But that mean our perception time will stop. So how is everybody still perceiving time after the stones are destroyed?
    No. If our perception of a river was based on water manipulation devices and someone turned them off our perception of the river would change. Nobody said ‘time exists because of the stones’, that’s a logically distinct statement, as is ‘our ability to perceive time is governed by the stones’. You are making a leap from one logical statement to an entirely different one.

“The Infinity stones create what you experience as the flow of time.” not “The Infinity stones create time” nor “The Infinity stones allow us to experience the flow of time.”

It isn’t that the Ancient One says something illogical, it’s just that she is telling the audience not to worry and what needs to happen to alleviate potential problems. She is using mystical analogy not science. She referred to science as “your science” to Banner. She was refuting the way he was applying logic to a mystical mystery. We have permission to stop applying logic and just enjoy the ride.

The underlying time analogy, used also in stories like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is that time flows like a river and changing things will not change the whole of history because other forces govern it’s course. The stones stop branching and they presumably govern the little things that stop cascading changes.

Douglas Adams was forever telling his readers not to worry about time travel. For example “There is no problem with changing the course of history—the course of history does not change because it all fits together like a jigsaw.” The Ancient One pretty much tells Banner not to worry about repercussions and just worry about putting the stones back, or things will go badly. They will do the rest.

Now, we maybe have no stones* someone needs to start worrying, presumably Doctor Strange.

*we might actually still have them, Thanos may have been mistaken in the estimation of his success.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 07-21-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Tony took the stones out of a nanotechnology gauntlet that he created, not the IG proper.
    To me that was a little bit of a stretch, maybe the biggest stretch of the movie. An IG is formed using some kind of neutron star using a single-use only mold and made by elder dwarf guys who really, really know what they are doing.

But then again, Tony's homemade IG only had to hold them for a short time, just long enough for him to click (and state his name, obviously!)
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.