Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The people who think that aren't paying attention to DC's other products like Black Lightning.
    Wow. You mean there are two black superheroes from DC!?

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Terrific first episode! I'm totally in, loved it
    Although it's so frustrating that here in Europe we can't have DC platform and have to turn to "alternative" methods

Not really fond to have Cyborg in Doom Patrol, we already have Cliff. I wonder why they suggested to insert Vic here instead of Titans.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 02-19-2019 at 09:42 AM.

The new wrinkle they added to Larry Trainor's backstory is a keeper. Can't believe nobody's done this in the comics yet.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Terrific first episode! I'm totally in, loved it
    Although it's so frustrating that here in Europe we can't have DC platform and have to turn to "alternative" methods

Not really fond to have Cyborg in Doom Patrol, we already have Cliff. I wonder why they suggested to insert Vic here instead of Titans.
    Maybe he wasn't available at the time due to the Justice League movie. Or perhaps they wanted to introduce him in a different way before having him join the Titans. He's neither a Titan nor a Leaguer on YJ either.

We will see more of their reasoning when Cyborg actually shows, up but I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that he's a "freak" but still functional and not so mopey. It wouldn't surprise me if he's a lot more well-adjusted than the others.

Brendan Fraser knocked it out of the Park for me. I love this show.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I remember Tempest from Kuppenberg's run. He isn't "blessed with suck" enough for the Doom Patrol. (I spend way too much time on TVTropes haha) What if Jeremy Carver, the show's EP added him on his own? Not everything is always forced on Executive Producers. Maybe he just fits the narrative of want they want to do. Not everything is an agenda.
    They could do 'creative liberties' like they did to Robotman's and Negative Man's histories. Have Tempest/Joshua Clay be a homeless former solider suffering from PTSD, but that's my small weird opinion.

However there is also Garth/Tempest, so maybe they didn't want confusion .

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    They could do 'creative liberties' like they did to Robotman's and Negative Man's histories. Have Tempest/Joshua Clay be a homeless former solider suffering from PTSD, but that's my small weird opinion.
    That was my thinking, too. PTSD vet with powers he can't control. Maybe it wouldn't fit the "delightfully sad" vibe they're going for to have something as heavy as real war. You'll notice the particulars of Crazy Jane's origin haven't really been touched either, which is real sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That was my thinking, too. PTSD vet with powers he can't control. Maybe it wouldn't fit the "delightfully sad" vibe they're going for to have something as heavy as real war. You'll notice the particulars of Crazy Jane's origin haven't really been touched either, which is real sad.
    Cool and thank you.

In the comic books, didn't Crazy Jane's powers originated with the Dominators? Oh, yeah, they could work around the aliens . . . never mind.

Well, there are still more episodes to come, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Cool and thank you.

In the comic books, didn't Crazy Jane's powers originated with the Dominators? Oh, yeah, they could work around the aliens . . . never mind.
    I was referring to Crazy Jane being a victim of sexual abuse, not the Dominators, who wouldn't be out of place at all on a show this nuts.

I wouldn't doubt that they'll go there with Jane, but it might be too much for the first episode. And it made sense that they'd explore the older characters first - the ones we saw in "Titans."

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I was referring to Crazy Jane being a victim of sexual abuse, not the Dominators, who wouldn't be out of place at all on a show this nuts.
    Oops! Sorry for my misinterpretation.

Wow was episode 2 good! It’s so weird and engaging. I’m digging all the characters on this show. Nice that we got to learn a lot of interesting things about Vic and Jane. Jane’s abilities are wild. Nobody narrating is hilarious. Excellent series so far.

Extraordinary Member

this is best cyborg i have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    this is best cyborg i have ever seen
    He’s definitely the most level headed of this bunch; I sort of skipped through this one, so i’m Not sure what the deal is with vic’s Dad; he could be as annoying and manipulative as the chief is. Rita and Larry are continuing to interest me, but i’m Still having a problem with robot man. And i’m Tired of all the cursing. It really distracts me from the plot when the characters are constantly dropping f-bombs all the time.