Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Here's an HD digital code (Movies Anywhere) for anyone that hasn't seen it yet (first come first served)!! It comes from my blu-ray. Please only take this if you do not have it already.

go to wb.com/RedeemMovie and enter code: 71VUUWE0F12S9XU7

Whoever redeems it, please post letting us know it's taken. --Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Pretty annoying honestly. Wasn't there another animated movie where Superman flies up at the end to save the world from the sun and can't do jack? I feel like there was, but can't remember in a lot of detail.
    Justice League: Doom

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Justice League: Doom
    Yeah, that's the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Might be thinking of Final Night where a Sun-Eater kills Sol and it takes Parallux Hal Jordan sacrificing himself to reignite it.
    Nah, Superman was going to go sacrifice himself to save Sol, even without powers, and Ferro Lad went up in his place, before Parallax saved him, which is different from Superman not being able to do it.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Fantastic Member

Just saw the movie!! Another bad showing for the league!! Superman was nothing more than a punching bag!! The fatal five won!! If it wasn't for the miracle save!! The miracle save thing seem to be the theme of all the Justice league movies now!! I guess the big thing now is watching the league get their butts kicked!! What has happened to the league????

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Just saw the movie!! Another bad showing for the league!! Superman was nothing more than a punching bag!! The fatal five won!! If it wasn't for the miracle save!! The miracle save thing seem to be the theme of all the Justice league movies now!! I guess the big thing now is watching the league get their butts kicked!! What has happened to the league????
    It really was a BAD movie! I'm still uncertain whether it's supposed to be in-continuity with the JLU (some say its not, but I hear Timm says it is...which is it?!). If it IS in continuity, it's definitely unworthy. Justice League can't stand up to the Fatal Five, but our saviour Jessica Cruz can kick their @$$. What a joke.
    By the way.. I posted a digital code for it a couple of posts above. Not sure if anyone has grabbed it yet. Whoever gets it please let us know! Enjoy!!

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. I was enjoying the movie until Jessica solo'd the Fatal 5. Having her save the league and be the key to victory is one thing, but having her beat every single bad guy by herself with no help from the league at all is just stupid.

Spectacular Member

I think this thread is overselling the Fatal Five. Three of the members working together barely overpowered Superman alone. When those three members went to capture Jessica, the League sent them running. That literally forced them to get creative to get to Jessica. And in the final fight the League takes down 4 of the Fatal Five before being sucker punched by a heavily empowered Emerald Empress. Jessica beating the five after that is a little ridiculous, sure, but up until this point she's mostly been getting her butt kicked, so she kinda needed a moment.

Yeah, I agree. It didn't occur to me that it might be weird that she beats the Five. She's the main character in a lot of ways, she's been losing the whole time, she gets a moment to shine. It's not really a Justice League movie, it's mostly a Starboy and Green Lantern movie, guest starring the JL, and that's okay.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

According to Timm, it's DCAU continuity if you want it to but you can disregard it as non-canon if you want it to. His stated preference is that it's DCAU but if people don't like it they can always mentally divorce it from the DCAU continuity. In his own words, even the DCAU wasn't consistent and had gaffes in continuity.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Side note: the one thing about the DCAU that always kept me coming back was the interpersonal stuff and the distinct and reasonable flaws of each hero. Its level of verisimilitude remains unmatched, imo. This film's two mains were super endearing because of the continuation of this trend. That said, I think more could've been done with Mr. Terrific and Miss M using the relatively little screen time they got. I'm fine with this move placing Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman in their sort of default state though. Though, it did lead to a slight feeling of dryness to their performances that wasn't present at their apex in JLU (recently found myself really appreciating what Timm and co were going for with Superman's mega arc. Makes me wish we got just one more season of Superman:TAS)
    Not to turn this into a JLU thread but I concur. I've been re-watching JL/JLU recently and got a newfound appreciation for that version of Superman. I think it's the best blue print for how to approach the character; Superman's not immune to feelings of hurt, anger, jealousy, confusion and hubris and he is sometimes not fully aware of how other people perceive his actions, but ultimately at the end of the day what makes him Superman is that he realizes his mistakes and tries to do right by everyone. I like the fact that he was the one to break the tie and voted Hawkgirl in and despite going 'Lex flipping Luthor' every now and then, there is a consistent thorough line of him being compassionate towards Lex Luthor, even showing genuine concern for Lex's well being from 'Injustice For All' all the way to the Destroyer series finale. The best way to challenge Superman is to shake him emotionally, something that Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Mongul and even Amanda Waller was able to exploit really well.

Tangent: Looking back I never realized how GL/Hawkgirl/Superman centric JLU was. They got the biggest bite out of the JLU story arc. Batman, Question and Green Arrow got to look cool though.
    Last edited by John Venus; 04-22-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not to turn this into a JLU thread but I concur. I've been re-watching JL/JLU recently and got a newfound appreciation for that version of Superman. I think it's the best blue print for how to approach the character; Superman's not immune to feelings of hurt, anger, jealousy, confusion and hubris and he is sometimes not fully aware of how other people perceive his actions, but ultimately at the end of the day what makes him Superman is that he realizes his mistakes and tries to do right by everyone. I like the fact that he was the one to break the tie and voted Hawkgirl in and despite going 'Lex flipping Luthor' every now and then, there is a consistent thorough line of him being compassionate towards Lex Luthor, even showing genuine concern for Lex's well being from 'Injustice For All' all the way to the Destroyer series finale. The best way to challenge Superman is to shake him emotionally, something that Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Mongul and even Amanda Waller was able to exploit really well.

Tangent: Looking back I never realized how GL/Hawkgirl/Superman centric JLU was. They got the biggest bite out of the JLU story arc. Batman, Question and Green Arrow got to look cool though.
    I'm a big superman fan!! He is my favorite superhero, the best! But I couldn't watch the JL/JLU superman!! That wasn't superman too me!! They powered him down to much!! Superman lost a lot and couldn't fly in space without a spacesuit!! He struggled holding up a train and a plane!! Everything hurt him!! That not superman!! I couldn't watch that series!! That guy whoever he was, was to weak to be superman!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Yeah, I agree. It didn't occur to me that it might be weird that she beats the Five. She's the main character in a lot of ways, she's been losing the whole time, she gets a moment to shine. It's not really a Justice League movie, it's mostly a Starboy and Green Lantern movie, guest starring the JL, and that's okay.
    I'm sure they used the Trinity to sell this movie..

According to Timm, it's DCAU continuity if you want it to but you can disregard it as non-canon if you want it to. His stated preference is that it's DCAU but if people don't like it they can always mentally divorce it from the DCAU continuity. In his own words, even the DCAU wasn't consistent and had gaffes in continuity.
    Good to know! Honestly I don't care enough about the movie to consider it canon or not. It's definitely a weak entry in the series.

I really loved all of the character portrayals in JL/JLU. I thought they did a fantastic job with Superman!

PS...did anyone claim the digital copy I posted above?? I've thought about posting others, but it doesn't seem like anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Good to know! Honestly I don't care enough about the movie to consider it canon or not. It's definitely a weak entry in the series.

I really loved all of the character portrayals in JL/JLU. I thought they did a fantastic job with Superman!

PS...did anyone claim the digital copy I posted above?? I've thought about posting others, but it doesn't seem like anyone is interested.
    I just tried it to see if anyone had taken it, and I got an "Invalid Code" message, so I guess someone redeemed it.

Feel free to post others you have.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I'm a big superman fan!! He is my favorite superhero, the best! But I couldn't watch the JL/JLU superman!! That wasn't superman too me!! They powered him down to much!! Superman lost a lot and couldn't fly in space without a spacesuit!! He struggled holding up a train and a plane!! Everything hurt him!! That not superman!! I couldn't watch that series!! That guy whoever he was, was to weak to be superman!!
    lol, some fans can never let this go. Even when Timm and co. painstakingly tried to fix this is in JL S2 and 3 seasons of JLU. I"m pretty sure that even if Timm hand animated a movie set in the DCAU where Superman singlehandedly beats Darkseid, Mongul and Brainiac and said movie got a wide release and became a blockbuster, there will still be people complaining about their JL S1 goofs.

Anyway, I was talking more about his characterization in the JL series. I'm mostly fine with how his abilities were depicted especially from JL S2 forward.